BREAKING NEWS---IED in Times Square

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I love it. The NY Governor labeled it a terrorist attack. He beat Obama to the punch... They're searching security video for a picture of the suspect still...

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Whoaaaa . ......R U sayn that all pipe bombs are made by rednecks , or that all rednecks have pipebombs ??

Dialn SPLC as we speak, I have been defamed and disfigured by this eronious and racisist statement

No, I am saying that it has apparantly become hip to describe anything that goes boom as an IED.

Doesn't matter if it is a pipe bomb, propane bottle, artillery shell, sparkler bomb, or Q36 explosive space modulator.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    OK, so let me see if have the new vernacular right.

It's not a car bomb, it'a an IED.

And he's not a muslim, a terrorist, a suspect or a perpetrator. He's a person of interest.

Bullsh&t.

Oh wait, maybe it was done by an "undocumented immigrant," not a member of the religion of peace.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Improvised explosive device? Well, sounds pretty improvised and pretty explosive...

edit: nolacop beat me to it

And guys, this isn't a failed terrorist attempt. This is a failed man-made disaster. You know, kinda like Katrina or Haiti except with an islamic man behind it.

I E D ? Oh, I thought the post was something about an I U D ! This puts your previous posts in a whole new light. Never mind.................

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    link from drudge http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

It was parked outside the office of Viacom, who owns southpark.

Detectives are also understood to be investigating striking similarities between the New York bomb and two car bombs planted by Islamic terrorists outside the Tiger Tiger nightclub in London in 2007.

In both cases, the devices comprised cylinders of propane gas and cans full of petrol intended to be ignited by electronic detonators.

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    As controversial as my opinions ALWAYS are, I will give them anyways!

Why do American's have this self righteous attitude of being able to send our military into any country we want, cause 10's of thousands of deaths with collateral damage and botched intelligence, and not expect any reproductions here at home? I got news for everybody who wants to jump on the Muslim terrorist band wagon. AS LONG AS WE ARE OVER THERE KILLING THEM, THEY WILL COME HERE AND TRY TO KILL US!! So get used to it. I don't hope for it, and I don't want to see a single innocent American killed by some jihad suicide bomber from the Middle East. But I am also a realist, and know that thanks to our own failed foreign policies all over the world, we have put ourselves in the position of being the victims of retaliation.

You want to blame somebody? Blame our own government for sticking their noses in where they didn't belong, AGAIN, by going over there and overthrowing their government. And yes, I know it was a horrible and brutal dictatorship. But you know what, I could really care less. When the people of Iraq got tired of it, they could rise up and revolt just like we did when we kicked the British out of America. It wasn't our place to do it for them.

We have a long history of causing suffering all over the world with our foreign interventions. From Chile to the Middle East. Maybe it is time to realize that we aren't always "The Good Guys".

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

Why do American's have this self righteous attitude of being able to send our military into any country we want, cause 10's of thousands of deaths with collateral damage and botched intelligence, and not expect any reproductions here at home? I got news for everybody who wants to jump on the Muslim terrorist band wagon. AS LONG AS WE ARE OVER THERE KILLING THEM, THEY WILL COME HERE AND TRY TO KILL US!! So get used to it. I don't hope for it, and I don't want to see a single innocent American killed by some jihad suicide bomber from the Middle East. But I am also a realist, and know that thanks to our own failed foreign policies all over the world, we have put ourselves in the position of being the victims of retaliation.

You want to blame somebody? Blame our own government for sticking their noses in where they didn't belong, AGAIN, by going over there and overthrowing their government. And yes, I know it was a horrible and brutal dictatorship. But you know what, I could really care less. When the people of Iraq got tired of it, they could rise up and revolt just like we did when we kicked the British out of America. It wasn't our place to do it for them.

We have a long history of causing suffering all over the world with our foreign interventions. From Chile to the Middle East. Maybe it is time to realize that we aren't always "The Good Guys".

If you are going to blame the good guys, at least blame the right ones. The British for their arbitrary and capricous division of the area a century ago. And as for Chile, welll that's cleary President Monroe's fault with his silly doctrine. Sheezzz.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I E D ? Oh, I thought the post was something about an I U D ! This puts your previous posts in a whole new light. Never mind.................

What do you mean? I was responding to the guy talking about how calling it an IED was sensationalism. I see his point, but mine was this sounds pretty "improvised". Car bomb works too. Didn't know my previous posts could be "put into a whole new light".

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009

Don't be too extreme in your argument. This may be southpark related which has as much to do with our foreign policy as Theo van Gogh.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    If you are going to blame the good guys, at least blame the right ones. The British for their arbitrary and capricous division of the area a century ago. And as for Chile, welll that's cleary President Monroe's fault with his silly doctrine. Sheezzz.

Lets keep it to post 1945 after the British had lost their dominance of the Middle East. It was our CIA who overthrew Mosaddeqh in 1954, and that is what today's Iranian population remembers. Not what happened between 1914 and the mid 1940's.

And as for Chile, it was Nixon's CIA that overthrew Allende and installed the brutal and murderous Pinochet regime. And sure, we could go all the way back to the early 1800's with our involvement if you want, but why would you. We are talking about backlash that is happening today. None of that stems from things that happened 100+ years ago.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Don't be too extreme in your argument. This may be southpark related which has as much to do with our foreign policy as Theo van Gogh.

Well if it is then that is our own fault too. We let people of questionable backgrounds into our country every day. Many from the Middle East. Then, we sit by and worry about being polite while they spread the infection of their culture on our land. We are also usually nice enough give them a free college education while us American's have to pay for ours. That way when they go back to the Middle East they are better educated in how to kill our boys that are serving in that s**t hole.

It all goes back to our government. If Muslim terrorist are here, it is either because we let them in, or because we are so busy protecting borders in other countries that we don't have the man power to protect our own against illegal immigrants. Refer to the other post about Mexican's in Louisiana for more on that.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Well if it is then that is our own fault too. We let people of questionable backgrounds into our country every day. Many from the Middle East. Then, we sit by and worry about being polite while they spread the infection of their culture on our land. We are also usually nice enough give them a free college education while us American's have to pay for ours. That way when they go back to the Middle East they are better educated in how to kill our boys that are serving in that s**t hole.

It all goes back to our government. If Muslim terrorist are here, it is either because we let them in, or because we are so busy protecting borders in other countries that we don't have the man power to protect our own against illegal immigrants. Refer to the other post about Mexican's in Louisiana for more on that.

You are correct in that we should fear radical muslims in our own country. What are ya gonna do about ones that turn radical while here already?

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    - three propane tanks
    - fireworks
    - two five-gallon gasoline containers made of plastic
    - two clocks
    - electrical wire
    - a black metal gun locker (what could this be used for?)

gal_times-square_7.jpg

gal_times-square_6.jpg

alg_times_square_cops.jpg

:)

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    link from drudge http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-bomb-police-investigate-South-Park-link.html

It was parked outside the office of Viacom, who owns southpark.
    However, it was also adjacent to a theater where the Broadway play "The Lion King" was showing, and was timed to detonate shortly after it ended, thus resulting in many people (including lots of kids) being right there.

If terror is the goal, why blow up an office building on a late Saturday evening when nobody's there? However, a street crowded with families leaving the theater...

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    And I feel safer now anyway:

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday morning that the administration is "certainly considering" that the car bomb found in New York's Times Square could be an act of terror.

What a F*CKING bunch of clueless idiots.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    And I feel safer now anyway:

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday morning that the administration is "certainly considering" that the car bomb found in New York's Times Square could be an act of terror.

What a F*CKING bunch of clueless idiots.

No no no, we aren't safe yet. We have to have a comprehensive review of this situation. Then it'll be safe :rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom