BREAKING NEWS---IED in Times Square

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think of Mythbusters when I see the bomb suit. And those NYPD cops look SCARY. You can tell they're just itchin' to waste some punk isla.... a misunderstood individual.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/2010/05/car-bomb-in-times-square-by-pakistani-taliban.html

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2010/05/pakistani_taliban_cl.php

Mr. Roggio at Long War Journal has some potentially very disturbing news if verified. He has sources in the Intel community that believe this was an attempt by elements of the Mehsud group to hit us at home.

A top Pakistani Taliban commander took credit for yesterday's failed car bomb attack in New York City.

Qari Hussain Mehsud, the top bomb maker for the Movement of the Taliban in Pakistan, said he takes "fully responsibility for the recent attack in the USA." Qari Hussain made the claim on an audiotape accompanied by images that was released on a YouTube website that calls itself the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel.

The tape has yet to be verified, but US intelligence officials contacted by The Long War Journal believe it is legitimate. The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan News Channel on YouTube was created on April 30. Officials believe it was created to announce the Times Square attack, and Qari Hussain’s statement was pre-recorded.

The fact that the website and tape were prepared before the attempted bombing lends credence to the idea that the bastards claiming it are responsible. That is a particularly unwelcome development. The only upside is that the idiot making the claim is their top bomb maker and they can't even get a damn bomb to explode. I have made many types of improvised explosives including fertilizer bombs, briefcase bombs, shaped charges out of metal funnels and just about anything else we could think of. The tricky part is setting them off. It seems that the losers in the Taliban haven't managed to use their advanced civilization to generate much in the way of technology.

It is also telling that this attack may have come from the Taliban and not al Qaeda. If they have decided to move their fight out of the Hindu Kush it completely changes the calculus of our war against them. Those who argue we should simply ignore them, now have to contend with the fact that they have decided the battlefield extends to our front yard.

Since our PC government and officials here will do just about anything to avoid saying that our enemies are Muslim, it is left to the Telegraph in the UK to point out that the vehicle was parked in front of the offices of Viacom. Hmmm aren't those the same gutless weasels who failed to even show the likeness of Mohammed on South Park. Wouldn't that be ironic if even failure to do this resulted in a fatwa and a bomb? May 20th is Everybody Draw Mohammed Day, don't forget.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hmm, looking at those gas cans, I suspect the bomb-maker wired the 12v system in the car to spark plugs in the cans...it's just fortunate the idiot building the bomb didn't use something like an MSD coil to drive the ignition.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Suspect: White male, 40s
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/station/a...Person_of_Interest_Surveillance_New_York.html

Nonexplosive Fertizlizer In Car Bomb

DEEPTI HAJELA, Associated Press Writers, TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writers

NEW YORK (AP) - New York City police investigating a botched car bombing in Times Square say the bomb contained fertilizer that was incapable of exploding.

Top police spokesman Paul Browne says more than 100 pounds of a substance found in the back of an SUV parked on a busy city street near a theater showing "The Lion King" was fertilizer.

But unlike the ammonium nitrate grade fertilizer that has been used in terror attacks including the Oklahoma City bombing, Browne says this fertilizer would not have caused a massive explosion.

Police are trying to determine what was in the homemade bomb, why it failed and who was responsible for the botched bombing, which sent thousands of tourists into a panic on Saturday night.
    050210_alarmbombslide.jpg

050210_pathfinder1.jpg

050210_pathfinder2.jpg

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loc...xplosive-Fertizlizer-In-Car-Bomb-20100502-apx
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Bomb-Threat-in-Times-Square-92603649.html

:)

Last edited:

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    From the picture I saw, he is dark headed so that doesn't preclude hispanic or middle eastern descent.

I hope we find out the truth, and quick. It's nuts if this guy can get away with all this after being caught on hundreds of cams in Times Square.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Whoaaaa . ......R U sayn that all pipe bombs are made by rednecks , or that all rednecks have pipebombs ??

Dialn SPLC as we speak, I have been defamed and disfigured by this eronious and racisist statement

Do yall have a subway transit sytem in the starks metro area?

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I heard the flashers were on in the truck when it was found by the police...

Why would you put the flashers on it? Maybe if the bomb was tied to the door opening or something, but it was a clock bomb. It just doesn't make sense. Its almost like they wanted it to be found.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What's going on, did I miss something?

What does all this mean?

Going by the pictures provided, it appears that a child stole his parents' Nissan Pathfinder and attempted to rig up a makeshift carbomb in Times Square.....

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My wife's boss was in the hotel the vehicle was in front of. Went in through the back entrance and never knew about it until the next morning. Saw the street blocked off, but they do that a lot on NYC

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom