Bug Out Camper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    http://www.tinycamper.com/

Its a new spin on an old idea. Theres alot of cool teardrop styles and alot of plans for DIY types online. Good find Benorth. I had some of these bookmarked and forgot all about them. Most had kitchens built under the rear hatch

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I kind of like the teardrop camper. Wife and I have been wanting to get into some offroad/camp/hike trips (buying a jeep inspires that a little bit) but shes too high maintenance for a sleeping bag n tent kind of trip. This thing would be perfect. I cant believe its got that much space.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    My family is too large to make these practical unless we combined its use with tent camping. The galley alone would make it worth while to have one. I may revisit the idea. 2 adults should have plenty of room inside. Some have 12v vents to keep air moving on the warm nights. It should work like the attic fans back in the day.

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have seen the tear drops and actually was thinking of building my own for recreational use. However, I never thought of rigging it out as a survival tool. I guess it makes sense though. I think a grill/propane burner would be a nice addition.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    You can buy a new one ready to go btw $5k and $8k depending on options. They would have a hard time justifying the $20k price tag if they didnt use the word "zombie" in the ad

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    hah yeah i laughed at the zombie bit. i've priced a few nicely equipped at 5-6k. with a few grand in supplies and non-perishables, I could make an entire trip out of half the price he wants for his zombie-pocalypse-9000.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm having one made for behind my jeep. It's a 6x12 enclosed trailer that has been shortened down to a total height of 6ft from the ground to the top (outside). 31 inch all terrains with lifted body. Side opening rear gate with kitchenette in it (sink, propane burners). Co2 tank mounted over the axle to refill tires on the way out the offroad parks. Generator and 12v battery mounted on tongue with solar on roof. Everything interior LED or 12v with a 110v to 12v converter from the generator.
    Dry weight of 1000lbs.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm having one made for behind my jeep. It's a 6x12 enclosed trailer that has been shortened down to a total height of 6ft from the ground to the top (outside). 31 inch all terrains with lifted body. Side opening rear gate with kitchenette in it (sink, propane burners). Co2 tank mounted over the axle to refill tires on the way out the offroad parks. Generator and 12v battery mounted on tongue with solar on roof. Everything interior LED or 12v with a 110v to 12v converter from the generator.
    Dry weight of 1000lbs.

mind giving me a ballpark price? who'd you find to do that for ya? cause that sounds amazing.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'd rather this.....

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
      IMG_0203.JPG
      40.6 KB · Views: 98
    Top Bottom