C-Products AR-15 Magazines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Does anyone have any comments (good or bad) anout the C-Products aluminum 30-round AR-15 magazines with the "orange anti-tilt followers"?

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know this doesn't answer your question but I have some of the stainless ones with the black followers. A buddy and I bought some and we haven't had any problems with them. I keep reading all of these people saying how their ARs jam and are picky about ammo/mags. I have NEVER experienced any problems with my M4. C-Products makes a good mag and they're Veteran owned.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Cproducts are good mags, and they stand behind them. If you ever have a problem with your mags, contact Larry, and he will make it right.
    FWIW, I really, REALLY like their new teflon mags, and they are @ 10 bucks apiece at 44mag.com.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    LSP,

Why curved 20 vs std 20? Edited to add: I see, easier to grab. From my standpoint - curved is not CMP/NRA legal. Have to keep too many different types in inventory.

My hurricane kit includes a 20 in the gun and one (or more) over the shoulder 3 mag pouches w/ 30s. I like the 20 in the gun because it is easier to maneuver in a vehicle. if I am ever in a position where I make it to the mag change, I want all of the rounds I can get.

Dan

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I shot a two day patrol carbine course with 3 c-products mags that have orange Magpul anti-tilt followers in them. I had zero problems. My c-products are my usual knock-around range mags so I dont have to unload my duty mags which are all all D&H They are great mags

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I have C Products mags in 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and 5.56.

All have the black followers and work flawlessly.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    You cannot imagine the number of times that I have looked at pictures of AKs and have said that I "need" one just because, and every time I have one in my hand to purchase I put it down because I can't bring myself to buy it. They look cool, but they have a junky feel to them. I have just not warmed up to them. And no one has to chime in about how dependable they are. I understand.

With respect to mags - C Products are $10, NHMTG are $13 and Brownell's are $17. Brownell's is a current military supplier of mags so these are definitely mil spec. I am going to grab about 10 more which will give me twenty+ (less than 25) 30s and around the same number of 20s. I think I can survive on that since there are millions more out there if push comes to shove. Which of those 3 would you choose?

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom