C&R pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    The proof I need a better camera pictures

My RC K98

DSCN0104-1.jpg

My VKT Nagant with repo bayonet

DSCN0107-1.jpg

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Here is a new pic of my M1 with the new CMP stock. Also, a pic of my recent M1 carbine aquisition. Also, with a new CMP stock.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, here is a pic of my Suomi M31.

attachment.php

Be good guys.
    Al

FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Erm, I think there's a pretty obvious scenario to explain these mysteries. I know absolutely nothing about the guns, and perhaps other than a manufacturer mark, there are other ways of determining who made them. That would make this theory completely wrong.

That said... They're hand engraved and inappropriate serial numbers because... they're faked, and there are no "survivors" of whatever disaster befell the other 8994 firearms.

That's just 1+1 = 2, so I'm sure there's got to be another reason why that theory isn't considered? I'd be interested to know more details. Cool looking things, though!

Sin-ster, not sure how you came up with "inappropiate serial numbers." Because there are no KNOWN surviving factory records, means EVERYTHING we can learn about this family of guns must be obtained from observing surviving specimens. We now have over 150 reported/observed. Those six specimens I mentioned as being ENGRAVED Columbia, we have a more plausible explanation.

The company was going through bankruptcy, attempting to sell the company as a going concern. While waiting for Schall to obtain the necessary financing to take over, it's believed the original shareholders made and sold as many guns as possible using the name Columbia Arms Corp. I have an original multi-page sales pamphlet/Owner's manual with the name Columbia Arms Corp. printed on it. Do you REALLY think anyone else would fake a few guns, print a catalog, etc., when it was common knowledge (back then) the company was in the midst of a change of ownership? Very doubtful.

The Columbia-marked specimens, including my cased set, show no indication of being manufactured by anyone other than Fiala.

However, with NO factory records, there is no right or wrong answer concerning anything about these guns. The ONLY correct answers are those found in the survivors.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    Mr.Hatch, that's a good representation of the nations participating in the Second World War. Now you need a Luger :)

Tell me about it!

That's pretty much my goal - have the main battle rifles and sidearms from all the major participants of WW2 in complete working order - and i have a thing for commie pistols. My list of "needs" is still pretty long. That $30 C&R license can get expensive.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Tell me about it!

That's pretty much my goal - have the main battle rifles and sidearms from all the major participants of WW2 in complete working order - and i have a thing for commie pistols. My list of "needs" is still pretty long. That $30 C&R license can get expensive.

That has always been a goal of mine too. So far I have K98s, M91/30s, (M44s, M38s, etc.), a Carcano, a French Model 36, a few SMLEs, a couple M1 carbines, A German Luger and a Russian Nagant. I figure a nice Arisaka with Mum, and I'll stick a fork in it. On to World War I guns. Frankly those interest me more than WWII guns.

I recommend getting that Luger as soon as you can. It will NEVER lose value, and my experience shows them always gaining value.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    I recommend getting that Luger as soon as you can. It will NEVER lose value, and my experience shows them always gaining value.

A Luger and a 1911 are next on my list. I'm still hoping i can talk my uncle out of my grandpa's WW2 service 1911.

wolffee027

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I was wondeirng if you could give me a little help to identify a rifle my grandfather left me recently. I am an avid hunter but this rifle is looks to be a turkish mauser but not sure. I also have no clue what ammo it takes. On the left side of the reciever is stamped 9052. Also on the left side is stamped 98.TH. There is also a 40 stamped into the floor plate. She measures 49" total. I am trying to figure out its history like year it may have been made, ammo it takes, not really concerned about value as I would never sell it but curious what its worth. Here are some pictures. Please let me know if there is any other information I might be able to give to help me figure out this old piece. Thanks in advanced. Ryan

rockcrawler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Hello all, new member here, thought I would share some poor pictures of part of my small collection mostly mausers mostly 8mm...

From top to bottom

Turkish M38
    Yugo M48
    Egyptian FN49 8mm
    Russian Capture K98, Full Kriegsmodell stock, receiver marked ce, Sauer and Son manufacture, 1943
    Spanish FR-8 7.62x51
    Yugo 24/47

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0632.jpg

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Make your bed.

:)

No, seriously I like the collection. Looks like k98s, Yugoslavian Mausers and a Romanian one? A Turk maybe or a South American one? I do like those full-sized rifles.

rockcrawler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    haha thanks, and yes two Yugos one Turk, one k98 a 91/30. To be honest I have been a fan of the shorter rifles, actually almost sold the longer turk glad I did not... perhaps I need to elongate my collection. Have a M44 as well!

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Here is a couple more I picked up recently. I had to do some work on each of them. The NO1 MKIII is still waiting a few parts. I did install a new front handguard last night.

M95 Steyr:
    attachment.php

1916 BSA NO1 MKIII:
    Before
    attachment.php

Currently
    attachment.php

Be well guys.
    Al

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Very nice did someone try to sportorize that Enfield?

"Try" they did. I call it an epic FAIL. I figure that if someone owns it, they can do what they want with it but, sometimes I have to wonder just "what were they thinking?". The butt stock was so dismal I had to remove it as soon as I got the gun home.
    I do enjoy putting them back together though. It's hard to do a complete restoration sometimes but, not so hard to re-build into a working example.

Al

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    OK here's my hat in the ring:

Romanian VZ-24
    full-length%20cropped.jpg

Brazilian Rebel VZ-24
    full-length%20cropped.jpg

1939 K98 (Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik) with eagle stamps
    k98%20-%20sn98%20full%2001%20cropped%20and%20resized.jpg

1943 K98 (Waffen-Werke Brünn AG) with eagle stamps
    mauser%20kar98%20dou3402%20side%20view%20full%20length%20cropped%20and%20resized.jpg

Same gun
    mauser%20kar%2098%20dou3402%20receiver%20ring%20top%2001%20resized.jpg

A couple of CZ-52s. I blued one of them.
    cz52%20before%20and%20after.jpg

Three M95 "ruck-zucks" I bought from Century for $30 each:
    m95s%20%283%29%20from%20century.jpg

Some of my M1 Carbines:
    m1%20carbines.jpg

Maybe one day I'll get all the 91/30s together for a group photo. That'll be a sight!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom