Camera/Van speeding ticket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    My office is in Harvey and last week I was working there for four days. I was picking up lunch for the office on LaPalco in the town of Westwego. I actually live in Lake Charles which is obviously on the other side if the state.

Question is do I have to pay this fine?

I have heard and been told by non LEO personnel, that if you are not from that area or parish then you are not responsible because you did not get a vote. I have no clue if this is true or not but I know there are some members from that area that may have knowledge and or experience.

I know it is not an excuse to speed but I had no idea that the area is "photo" enforced.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    LaPalco, yes. I actually think that was when I was running an errand for Ritten to Fourchon that day, not lunch pick-up. Maybe he should be pay it!!!! LMAO

From what I understand, they don't carry force of law. Basically, if you don't pay it they can't do anything. There have been a few threads on here about it.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    This is a website that I found but it refers to Texas specifically.

http://trashyourticket.com

But it is talking about the company that is in Westwego, Redflex.

First thing my wife said is that they didn't send it certified or anything so how can they prove you received it? Got me to thinking.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Earlier this year there was a big stink about this in Baton Rouge, there was a news story I saw that was showing the meetings one of the governmental councils were having and one of members stated that paying the fines were totally voluntary because it was a private company issuing them, apparently 85% of the tickets go unpaid.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I have heard, probably through BS, that NOPD will roll down streets with a license plate reader and when your car comes up as having unpaid violations the city will have goons boot your car until the fines are paid. Something to consider if you visit/live in the chocolate city.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom