CBS reporter Lara Logan attacked while covering Egyptian unrest

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That map was drawn by the same guy who originally put the Saints in the NFC WEST.

If that's how it really was, I'm afraid the North would've REALLY mopped the floor with us. That a-hole took away Texas & Florida....:rofl:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    this looks a little closer to me

800px-Interstate_70_map.png

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    So, when did this go from the hot CBS reporter getting assaulted to a discussion over where the M-D line is and who is or isn't a Yankee?

My .02, she is not at fault for being raped. HOWEVER she, and CBS, was IRRESPONSIBLE for even being in the situation she was in. Would YOU have been in that square?

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bottom Line: PURE PROPAGANDA AND MANY HERE ALLOWED THEIR OWN BIGOTRY TO INFECT THE BOARD.

Now I wonder who might be behind the lies...

This from reading on msnbc.com that CBS denied it ever happened. I dunno. What I do know is that this is the very same woman who allegedly was involved in a love triangle while covering the war in Baghdad back in 2008 involving CNN's Michael Ware.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What I do know is that this is the very same woman who allegedly was involved in a love triangle while covering the war in Baghdad back in 2008 involving CNN's Michael Ware.

That lucky bastard. :mad::mad::mad:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Bottom Line: PURE PROPAGANDA AND MANY HERE ALLOWED THEIR OWN BIGOTRY TO INFECT THE BOARD.

This from reading on msnbc.com that CBS denied it ever happened. I dunno. What I do know is that this is the very same woman who allegedly was involved in a love triangle while covering the war in Baghdad back in 2008 involving CNN's Michael Ware.

Going for popcorn.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No need for popcorn regarding her past; it's in the public domain. Do a search.

As for the the veracity of her claim I most certainly did read it on msnbc's webpage and all around me read it, too.No record of the article can be found now.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Ok , explain your position to me , cuz I'm a little fuzzy on where you stand . Are you saying that you think it never happened , or that she is making it up , or what ? I get the bigot part . You call us that all the time . You left out ignorant though . ;)

Seriously , what is your opinion ?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oh, it wouldn't be a surprise at all that some outlets- such as MSNBC- would insinuate it never happened, and throw in a little character assassination for good measure.

Radical groups such as CAIR can be very persuasive- and it would not be a big shock that our friends at MSNBC would rush to cater their needs.....

CNN spent more time- and showed more outrage- that the peace-hungry protestors messed up Anusson Cooper's hair......:rolleyes:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm saying that I read a report on MSNBC that stated that CBS claimed that it never happened. My issue is that we (all of us) fall for propaganda just like the claims of the Iraqis killing babies in Kuwait - all propanda. This very well could be. I dunno. I do know that her past isn't clean (doesn't mean she could not have been sexually assaulted) and we should always give pause to any and all reports from those who gain from the instability in the region.

Look up "NED and USAID and U.S. State Department and Color Revolutions". The same culprits are very much involved in the current uprisings in the Middle East just as the very same techniques are being used INSIDE THE USA RIGHT NOW.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    No need for popcorn regarding her past; it's in the public domain. Do a search.

As for the the veracity of her claim I most certainly did read it on msnbc's webpage and all around me read it, too.No record of the article can be found now.

Knowing how the people on here are?

Yeah, popcorn!

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I'm saying that I read a report on MSNBC that stated that CBS claimed that it never happened. My issue is that we (all of us) fall for propaganda just like the claims of the Iraqis killing babies in Kuwait - all propanda. This very well could be. I dunno. I do know that her past isn't clean (doesn't mean she could not have been sexually assaulted) and we should always give pause to any and all reports from those who gain from the instability in the region.

Look up "NED and USAID and U.S. State Department and Color Revolutions". The same culprits are very much involved in the current uprisings in the Middle East just as the very same techniques are being used INSIDE THE USA RIGHT NOW.

I'm confused here...you say "we" - meaning all of us - fall for propaganda all the time, but yet you use a claim made in a report that you read on MSNBC that's mysteriously "no longer there" to shed doubt on the validity of this story?

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm confused here...you say "we" - meaning all of us - fall for propaganda all the time, but yet you use a claim made in a report that you read on MSNBC that's mysteriously "no longer there" to shed doubt on the validity of this story?
    So you believe that stories are never, ever, ever retracted? Did YOU read the story? No? Did YOU know about this woman's past? No? Apparently, you don't follow news very closely because it's not at all uncommon. September 11th stories quickly come to mind...

Well, what could I possibly say?

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I guess you have me confused with somebody that give's a damn . I'm not trying to be sarcastic , I just don't really care if she was molested or not . If she was , then she assumed the risk by being on the streets in an extremely unstable part of the world . If she lied , or somebody lied , then it's par for the course as far as the media is concerned .

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    So you believe that stories are never, ever, ever retracted? Did YOU read the story? No? Did YOU know about this woman's past? No? Apparently, you don't follow news very closely because it's not at all uncommon. September 11th stories quickly come to mind...

Well, what could I possibly say?

I never said that it wasn't retracted if it did, indeed, actually exist....

Who care's about her past? What does her "transgressions" have to do with what allegedly happened to her over there?

What I'm saying is, what makes you think that this "retracted" article was even true to begin with? Maybe that's the whole reason it was retracted in the first place...

And no...I don't follow mainstream media news that closely....mainly for the fact that a majority of what they publish or say is...what was it you called it? Propaganda...that's it....

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So do you discount the "immense value" someone derived if the story isn't true?

It reminds me of the story of the US troops who were overrun in Iraq. Stories were issued how they were "kidnapped" (on a freaking battlefield??) and finally the missing woman admitted that the State Department's version of things were fabrications. That incident, too, got "immense value" for those who pursued and managed both the conflict and public opinion. Not many can recall the truth when it never receives mug fanfare. That is/was my point in pointing this out - including her past which reveals moral/character flaws which makes me question her judgment and statements.

Top Bottom