Ccw Traffic Stop Protocol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    i think you are too scared nolacop. and if you are that scared i think you should STOP doing traffic stops by yourself, im dead serious.

i never took a single gun apart. then again i wasnt scared of the gun.

ill also add, man up and lock your door. then i would either:
    1) wait for you to unlock it.
    2) tow your car (as you cant leave it abandoned)
    3) if you had no way to get back in,laugh at you, ask why you were so scared and drive away with you standing there with a ticket.
    i never had any constitutional tough guys. i dont know if its they werent out much between 9pm and 7am, or they werent in the areas i patrolled.

i have been stopped and i tell them i have guns. but whatever.....

Thank you robocop for your clinical opinion. I never said I was scared. I am careful. I am safe. I am sure you don't have to be because you are obviously impervious to all forms of bodily harm.

You laugh and intentionally leave them there, and I am the jerk cop. Amazing.

I send them back to their vehicle, tell them not te reload until I leave, then I generally back away and watch from a safe distance.

But that is just me because I am scared. I guess I could laugh at them and just drive off.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just for reference. When I initially posted, I never expected all this. I was simply trying to show how foolish it is to carry a gun with no ammo. I did indeed make some very vague statements. As the discussion got more heated and I was forced to defend them, I was forced to get more specific. Also, my typing skills can in no way keep up withthe barrage of posts.

We all got the joke. That guys an idiot that probably voted Obama.

BUT, the title of your thread is "CCW Traffic Stop Protocol" and you give us lessons at the end. So it was not all about the idiot with no ammo.

hell, I learned a lot in the last 12 hours from this post.

:ghey:

Good. Don't tase me bro.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    To me you seem pretty arrogant and spiteful towards the public that you are supposed to serve and protect, like you intentionally do things during your stops to instigate and provoke irritable responses from people...then you do whatever you can to make them pay for the response.

But what do I know, I jes a lowle unedukated peas uf civvy trash AHYUCK! HURHURHURHUR!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Damn guys. I just got in from a night out with the girl who likes to lick beer off the table and all hell broke loose on this thread.

First of all, I wasn't planning to drive to New Orleans for Hooters but I just might for one reason: I want to meet you. I'll buy your chicken wings if I'm wrong, but after reading all the last 6 pages, you sound more and more like a troll from arfcom. No disrespect because I'm probably wrong, but you just don't talk like a real LEO.

Does anybody know this guy??

I actually met him at a gun show when he was buying an AK. He was in uniform and seemed like a nice guy.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You see, why is a dumbass comment like that needed? You know nothing about me. I am not a "real" LEO because I have a masters degree and my time is worth more than 35k. I volunteer my time, because despite what your myopic view of me through 12 hours of internet posting, I am highly trained, and have a specific skill set. I feel that skill set allows me to do positive things that have not and will not be brought forth in this forum. You act like reading some posts about ONE TRAFFIC STOP lets you know everything about me as a police officer. You know nothing.

If you have nothing constructive to say about the topic at hand, keep your ignorant posts about what you thinkl about me personally, who you have never met, to yourself.

I agree wholly on that. One should be commended for putting their life on the line for FREE as a volunteer. I did, and to berate someone for being a reserve and not a "real cop" (which is kind of an ignorant analogy) is wrong.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    To me you seem pretty arrogant and spiteful towards the public that you are supposed to serve and protect, like you intentionally do things during your stops to instigate and provoke irritable responses from people...then you do whatever you can to make them pay for the response.

But what do I know, I jes a lowle unedukated peas uf civvy trash AHYUCK! HURHURHURHUR!

Believe it or not, this is not the first time I have been called arrogant.

Seriously, I can see where you may come to that conclusion, but it is wrong. My gioal on every traffic stop is to do my job safelt, and disengage as quickly as possible,. However, when things like stolen acars, weapons, and other issues get invloved, deeper concern is warranted. i try to average 3-4 minutes per stop. The longer I am in contact with the individual, the less time they have to try and kill me, allow me to violate them civilly, criminally, or anally, or for me to get hit by some dumbass who is attratcted to the flashly lights.

Besides, lowly civvies pay my salary. Right....wait, I don't get paid. LOL

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I actually met him at a gun show when he was buying an AK. He was in uniform and seemed like a nice guy.

Thanks. People come off a lot different in real-life versus online.

But I got the AK. lOL.. You will have to show me that collection you were telling me about. I fear it will put mine to shame.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Seriously though, many of you are very knowledgeable about constitutional law (not that it matters anymore in the United Republic of Obama), and in particular gun laws. We really should look at creating some type of collabrative, CHP for dummies type of post for those who are new that lists the do's and don'ts taht satisfies all our desire to protect our rights, with the reality of carrying a CHP in today's climate.

I fear such a project would result in fisticuffs and involuntary castration, but it would be helpful since the application of laws varies from locale to locale, and this is a local group. Just a thought.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I agree wholly on that. One should be commended for putting their life on the line for FREE as a volunteer. I did, and to berate someone for being a reserve and not a "real cop" (which is kind of an ignorant analogy) is wrong.

Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm all for reserve LEO's I've known some really great ones over the years that that have done it until they retired from it. I know one that quit Exxon to go full time and retired from the SO, Everybody thought he was crazy for quitting a high paying Exxon job to work for EBRSO but that's what he loved. I've been a Vol. and paid Firefighter so I know about giving your time to help people. I was very close to going reserve back in the late 70's early 80's but I had too much going on right then that was going to help the community more that me being a reserve LEO.

What I wanted to know was if he was as into it as all these post seem then why not full time.

You guy and gals be careful out there, I have to go to bed been working all night.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm all for reserve LEO's I've known some really great ones over the years that that have done it until they retired from it. I know one that quit Exxon to go full time and retired from the SO, Everybody thought he was crazy for quitting a high paying Exxon job to work for EBRSO but that's what he loved. I've been a Vol. and paid Firefighter so I know about giving your time to help people. I was very close to going reserve back in the late 70's early 80's but I had too much going on right then that was going to help the community more that me being a reserve LEO.

What I wanted to know was if he was as into it as all these post seem then why not full time.

You guy and gals be careful out there, I have to go to bed been working all night.

Thanks for the clarification CHarlie. Liek I said, I wish I could afford to do it full-time, I would. It is a position that allows me to exercise my skills and interests while doing something good for the community. I know no one believes taht, but I truly am very service oriented. 11 years in the USMC and 12 as a leo is why. Hell, I even did a stint as a vol fireman also.

My dream is to be independently wealthy where I do not have to work. I would work full-time patrol and donate my salary to the local FOP lodge or NLEOMF. However, I am still working on that dream. LOL.

Your posts were just a little harsh, but like I have said before,myself included, a lot is lost in the translation online.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom