Central resident catches burglar in the act and holds for authorities

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Again, read the definition of arrest and citizen arrest.

I believe that wile making a citizen arrest that the totality of circumstances could result in the death if the suspect

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I believe that wile making a citizen arrest that the totality of circumstances could result in the death if the suspect

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

When I was 30, I might have given a **** about making a citizens arrest for the betterment of the world or a neighbor or a community; but today, I will just wave to the scumbag as he is running down the street with other people's ****. Because in this f'd up world today, you are only doing some one a good deed as long as a worthless pile of **** is not hurt or offended in the process.

My ****? Different story!

HogSlayerz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    FWIW, they recovered my stolen laptop from the scumbag's home. He also stole a LCR-357 from me (not found) and a number of other computer items (harddrive, camera, android tablet, etc). They hit me in EBR by Prairieville in early July. I heard they hit Central 3 nights in a row. I'm glad this guy stepped up and caught them. I was praying they'd find my 357, but no luck so far. There were a number of other guys involved and I bet this scumbag rolls on them to try and buy some favor with the DA.

HogSlayerz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ
    What's up, old timer? Haven't seen you in years. This scumbag robbed my damn truck a month ago. All I got back was a laptop so far. I wish I would have seen him on my camera while he was robbing me blind.

Last edited:

Vtechpremier

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    BATON ROUGE LA
    Good Evening Folk
    My name is Vince Ma and I am a loyal member of this site for quite a while now. For the pass couple days I've been speechless and overwhelm by all the praise, reaction, and comments that created in this community over this incident. To answer some of the question that concern some peoples about the fact that I apprehend him off my property. First of all where I apprehend him was still on the boarder of my property and my next door neighbor in which he was walking toward there home and vehicles. Even though he didn't get a chance to steal any of my property due to my truck being lock, you will never understand how angry and violated I felt watching him trying to open the door to my vehicle. I've been rob once before on Christmas day while away to celebrated Christmas with my family. They stolen over $3000 worth of work related tools in which I use for work and support my family. So as a Christmas gifts I get to spend $3000 dollars on myself that I didn't have just to buy my tools for work. As far as confrontation with me going after him with my gun, well that is for my safety and my right to bare arms. As some may seem that it a stupid thing to do, but I can assure you that if this would be at your home, you will not be going out there to confront a burglar with broom handle. I am no Hero or Savior by far that everyone and the media praise me out to be. I'm just another hard working man just doing what I thought was best to protect my home and the neighborhood that I reside in. I think the Media and the Government put the "What If" fear in everyone mind if things doesn't go as smooth, but that is a choice you have to make when you confront a burglar with an firearm. Thankfully it's didn't escalated into another Trevon BS because the Sheriff Department responded very quickly and professionally. I dont recommend everyone do what I've done, but we all do need to stand up and fight for what we value. We stood and watch ours right are being taking away from us slowly and so are we going to let the crook take your property too? NOT this dude

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Good Evening Folk
    My name is Vince Ma and I am a loyal member of this site for quite a while now. For the pass couple days I've been speechless and overwhelm by all the praise, reaction, and comments that created in this community over this incident. To answer some of the question that concern some peoples about the fact that I apprehend him off my property. First of all where I apprehend him was still on the boarder of my property and my next door neighbor in which he was walking toward there home and vehicles. Even though he didn't get a chance to steal any of my property due to my truck being lock, you will never understand how angry and violated I felt watching him trying to open the door to my vehicle. I've been rob once before on Christmas day while away to celebrated Christmas with my family. They stolen over $3000 worth of work related tools in which I use for work and support my family. So as a Christmas gifts I get to spend $3000 dollars on myself that I didn't have just to buy my tools for work. As far as confrontation with me going after him with my gun, well that is for my safety and my right to bare arms. As some may seem that it a stupid thing to do, but I can assure you that if this would be at your home, you will not be going out there to confront a burglar with broom handle. I am no Hero or Savior by far that everyone and the media praise me out to be. I'm just another hard working man just doing what I thought was best to protect my home and the neighborhood that I reside in. I think the Media and the Government put the "What If" fear in everyone mind if things doesn't go as smooth, but that is a choice you have to make when you confront a burglar with an firearm. Thankfully it's didn't escalated into another Trevon BS because the Sheriff Department responded very quickly and professionally. I dont recommend everyone do what I've done, but we all do need to stand up and fight for what we value. We stood and watch ours right are being taking away from us slowly and so are we going to let the crook take your property too? NOT this dude

As far as I am concerned you did the right thing. had you shot him solely for breaking in your car, then i wouldnt be agreeing with you.

Vtechpremier

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    BATON ROUGE LA
    The gun was just for my safety not knowing if he carrying one. But shoot him for breaking in my truck, maybe not but I can assure you if he would resisted it's would have follow by an Ass Wiping

HogSlayerz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Good Evening Folk
    Thanks for standing up and stopping this punk. I would have done the same if I would have been alerted during the act. He got about 4K worth of my stuff and I only got the laptop back. I know your feeling of losing so much to a damn thief. The fact is the cops got DNA and fingerprints from the previous burglaries, this guy was on probation, and still no match or arrest was made. These punks have been robbing like crazy all over EBR, Central and who knows where else. It takes one good citizen like yourself to step up and stop them from doing this crap. I'm betting that fat, balding little coward turns on his friends (probably already has) and they catch the rest of them shortly. I just have my fingers crossed that one of those punks still has my 357 when he's arrested.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Good Evening Folk

I totally respect your decision to protect your valuables. Kudos to you! My approach to this event is founded on the unanswered questions regarding protecting ones property. It's great that we have all these laws on the books that say you can do this, or that; but the truth is, there is no definitive "by the book" or "black and white" playbook for approaching a scumbag taking your property. Whether he is armed or not? Whether he runs away after grabbing your laptop? What to do if you tell him to get on the ground, and he shoots you the bird and runs off with your laptop cause he knows there is nothing you can do about it?

Today, you are the hero! Tomorrow, you could be the goat! That's my problem with the system. Had you shot this clown, even if you said he tried to attack you; you may not have been able to respond to this thread at all.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Thank you for taking a stand, Vince. Good job, man- you handled yourself extremely well! :cheers:

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Good Evening Folk

Think you did what many of us would have done, I know I work to damn hard for someone to come and take mine and my family's stuff. Glad you didn't have to get physical with the punk, really not worth any extra hassle. Hopefully he gets locked up and the people he violated get there stuff back.

Vtechpremier

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    BATON ROUGE LA
    Thank You guys, and I know there always be a speculation on what if, "well my answer would be I Don't Know". I just let god guide me through the whole ordeal. I've been in this situation many times before and I do know the consequences involve when apprehending someone while holding a firearm, but at the same time you just have to learn to be a responsible gun owner and not try to be hero. The laws is so screw up when it come to protecting ours citizens right, and we always have that fear of what IF, But how would I sleep at night knowing what if I just let it go, because he didnt get anything from me. That what is wrong with ours society now a day because of the laws and media. You can become a Hero or Zero depending on how the media put it.

dydog4566

LA CHP Instructor # 411
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greenwell Springs,LA
    It could be argued that the homeowner left the safe sanctuary of his home and brought the fight to the perp. Property crimes in the state of Louisiana do not justify the use of deadly force, with the exception if the item stolen was a weapon, then the perp has armed himself. If the perp then threatens the homeowner with that weapon in some manner and homeowner believes his life is in immanent danger. This incident turned out well for the homeowner, but pursuing someone definitely puts you on shaky legal ground. All kinds of what if's in this one. Glad it turned out the way it did.

Last edited:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I respect you for getting involved and stopping someone for doing something wrong. I personally don't believe in just sitting back and watching. Wrong is wrong and it takes a good person to say enough is enough and I'm not going to stand for it.
    This is what's wrong with society today. Many are scared to get involved and just watch things happen.
    I do live in the community and wish you were my next door neighbor. Thanks for standing up and doing something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom