Charity match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    The folks at Cajun Actions Shooters in Thibodaux (Southern Shooting Center) are holding a pistol match Sunday Dec. 7th. proceeds from this match will go to the needy widow of one of our fellow shooters who passed away unexpectently in late Oct.

The match will consist of four stages, all of which will be 50 rd courses.

One stage will consist of 50 bowling pins. The way they will be set, a 9mm will do just fine. It's just that you will face 50 of them.

One stage will consist of 50 pieces of steel, (plate racks, poppers, sliding targets and various other fixed pieces of steel).

The two other stages will be a mix of paper and steel (both of these will be 50 shot courses as well). And can be viewed at www.lagator.org under CAS

You do not need to be a member of any shooting org. (IPSC, IDPA, etc) NO power factor, No mag restrictions (33 rd glocks are ok). Run what ya brung and shoot till you puke. When you toe up to the line just be prepared to fire at least 50 rds. Of course all safety rules are in effect.

We will be also holding a team side event with cash payback to the winning team. This event will be a "stake" shoot. While all details aren't complete, the teams will compete to see who shoots through a 4"x4" timber first.

This match is blast to shoot and going to a very good cause.

Questions?? Don't hesitate to PM or E-mail me. If you need magazine carriers or holster ( I have several different types you are welcome to borrow). I have 33 rd
    9mm glock mag should you feel the need. Just contact me and we'll work something out.

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    I wonder if my Kriss extensions will come in!

I Know of NO other that can take me with bowling pins!!!

Another 17 rounds of 450 SMC would make me Unstoppable!!!

IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    I won't be able to shoot it, I broke my glasses today and I can;t see the sights on my pistol. It'll be a while before I can get another pair.:(

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Registration is at starts at 8am, hammer down at 9am.

If you go, I'll be wearing a camo Bayou Shooter hat. I'd like to meet you and any other BS member that goes.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I will be there if I can get off of work. I shot it last year with my 40. My forearms were numb after each stage, but it was a kick in the ass.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Myself and nolacopusmc will be attending.. Anyone want to ride from BR with me, pm me your number before 2230 tonight. I will be pulling out at 0630..

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You all missed a kick ass match. In other words, i got my ass kicked. LOL. It was really fun. Represented the BS hood wit ma shurt ya hurd?

Me and Narco were there. I got to meet Iconicdawg, CCW,DMICULECK, and a few others. If you have not been out to the range in Thibodeaux, it is really nice.

I will probably try to make at least one match per month out there.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Thanks to the BS shooters that shot with us today, it was nice to meet ya'll. We had a good turn out 66 shooters I believe. We did raise about $1300 for the cause. I'll post a link to the results as soon as I get them.
    Thanks again

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    There were some serious shooters out there. I hung. This could get addictive.

b7wgqve7m8kj0rvay7an.jpg

Out of our respective division, "production", as "unclassified shooters", nolacopusmc and myself were both in the top 8 they whole day

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Do you have any pics of the event? I am working otherwise would have made and attempt to get out there. Thinking about getting into some local competions every now and again. USPSA/IPSC. Anyone know of regular matches around the Acadiana area?

Top Bottom