Chicago will NOT get the Olympics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Yahoo story

COPENHAGEN – The race for the 2016 Olympics has come down to just Rio de Janeiro and Madrid, with the International Olympic Committee eliminating Chicago in a stunning first round of voting. Tokyo was knocked out in the second round.

That left just Rio and Madrid still in the mix. The IOC voted again to separate the two and elected a winner, which will be announced by IOC president Jacques Rogge later Friday.

Madrid's surprising success in reaching the final round came after former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch made an unusual appeal for the Spanish capital, reminding the IOC members as he asked for their vote that, at age 89, "I am very near the end of my time."

Chicago's elimination was one of the most shocking defeats in IOC voting history. It had long been seen as a front-runner and got the highest possible level of support — from President Barack Obama himself.

But the emotional appeals from Obama and his wife Michelle — they both flew to Copenhagen to fight in Chicago's corner — fell on deaf ears in the European-dominated IOC.

And just HOW much money was pissed away flying both Mr. and Mrs. 0sama overseas to beg for Chicago, along with all the related security? Just so he could attempt to kiss Daley's a$$ and try to score points with the unions?

I'm LMAO about this! Another widely-publicized EPIC FAIL for 0sama.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    Chicago sux anyway. We should had the Chocolate City on the ballot, maybe they would have felt sorry for us. Seeing how it is a third world country and all the fugees running around.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    How long before the call the IOC Racist ??

ThatsRacist.gif

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    And just HOW much money was pissed away flying both Mr. and Mrs. 0sama overseas to beg for Chicago, along with all the related security?

According to the Discovery Channel special on the secret service, on location security for the president costs around $50,000/day. Two weeks of prep time is required for each location he visits.

The amount of work that goes into each little place he visits is staggering.

You can watch the show about it on Hulu.com for free. They actually covered Bush's visit to LSU a few years ago.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Yahoo story

And just HOW much money was pissed away flying both Mr. and Mrs. 0sama overseas to beg for Chicago, along with all the related security? Just so he could attempt to kiss Daley's a$$ and try to score points with the unions?

I'm LMAO about this! Another widely-publicized EPIC FAIL for 0sama.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Exactly; and I heard something about them going over in separate planes because she wanted to leave before he was ready... What's up with that? What did we do, send her over in Air Farce 1.5? What did THAT co$t the taxpayers???

I think we should run that like a failed lawsuit. If they go do something dumb like that and fail, they ought to reimburse the taxpayers out of THEIR pocket.

Beave

custom user
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA
    Now maybe our President can focus on important issues, like supplying the general he appointed the things he needs in Iraq. I got a good laugh this morning too with the media blasting Michael Jordan for not going to the IOC with them and bidding for Chicago since he is prob the biggest name in the city.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I wonder is "Miss Queen Ophra Winfrey" PAID for her air fare to ride on the jet with girlfirend Michelle or if she's just gonna let the taxpapers pick it up?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Total backfire. Chicago was supposed to be a shoe-in.
    At the worst they were to get to the finals.

The Obamas and Oprah may have swayed the judges in the opposite direction?
    We had it twice in 13 years, give the other world their share too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom