Circuit City beotches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yup, they are pretty much all going out of bidness in LA. The one over here in Slidell is almost wiped out. I hit it up when the sale first started and it sucked. Even the sale prices then weren't the normal prices of other stores. Today is a different day. It's like a Saturday sale at a trailer park with everyone trying to get rid of stuff because Bubba's got a new batch of meth! I was able to get a new HP W1707 for $90. The are usually $175+ (you can find a few for $150+ on the web). They had a lot more stuff, but they didn't really have anything else that I needed. But if you get the chance, hit 'em up.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yup, they are pretty much all going out of bidness in LA. The one over here in Slidell is almost wiped out. I hit it up when the sale first started and it sucked. Even the sale prices then weren't the normal prices of other stores. Today is a different day. It's like a Saturday sale at a trailer park with everyone trying to get rid of stuff because Bubba's got a new batch of meth! I was able to get a new HP W1707 for $90. The are usually $175+ (you can find a few for $150+ on the web). They had a lot more stuff, but they didn't really have anything else that I needed. But if you get the chance, hit 'em up.

I heard that blockbuster bought them out...and blockbuster was going into the electronic business

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I got a brand new Xbox 360 game for 30 bucks or so, and a decent deal on some camera stuff. By the time I got there it was pretty wiped of stuff I was interested in

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I heard they where going to change the name of the store to "Everything must Go"

or possibly "Going Out Of Business"

If you havent watched Zohan this wont make sense ..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I heard the sales sucked (this was a couple days ago). But the important thing here is that Circuit City is going out of business. Good riddance, I hate that place. Last time I bought something there (before Best Buy opened), if I heard the words "Extended Warranty" one more time I was gonna punch one of the red-shirted clowns in the throat.

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I am so going to get burned for this. I used to work at Circuit City back when it was commissioned sales. The only thing worse than having to sell extended warranties with EVERYTHING was selling ridiculously overpriced "Monster" cables. Even way back then, I could tell they weren't going to stay in business long.

And Blockbuster did make an offer to buy them, which they turned down. Now, ironically, their share price is a good bit lower than what Blockbuster offered them.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    There was a reason everyone called them 'Circuit Shitty'...lol. The stores that are closing aren't even considered CC stores. They are now just liquidation stores. No support, no returns, no refunds, nada.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    They just opened a brand new place on Vets in Metairie. . . and vets real estate ain't cheap.

When the place first opened I walked in and walked out. It was weird.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They just opened a brand new place on Vets in Metairie. . . and vets real estate ain't cheap.

When the place first opened I walked in and walked out. It was weird.
    That was the worst CC of them all. I went in there to buy a Laptop (it was on sale and on the way to work) and waited 10 minutes for someone to help me. Then spent 5 minutes looking for someone to help me. Finally ended up at the customer service counter and informed them I was trying to give them $800 but nobody wanted to help. When they finally found someone to check me out, I told him if he even offered me the extended warranty it was gonna get ugly.

usafcajun

USAF/LEO/IT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Assumption Parish
    CC sucks as much as CompUSA did. They both rape you on prices. Screw both of em. If you ever get a chance to visit one....hit up a Fry's Electronics store. The nearest one is in Houston. If you're a tech geek, you'll blow every cent you have in there.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I hated that store. I went into the Slidell store last week to check out their "sale". What a joke. I did buy my daughter an iPod dock that they had marked at $100 on sale for $70. Funny thing is that I could fine the same thing online for the same price but didnt feel like waiting for it to be shipped. Sad when your "going out of business sale price" is the same as everyone elses "every day" price.

Last edited:

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    I remember when I bought a tv there with a buddy and he asked if he wanted a hdmi cable. He said yeah I do and the guy headed straight for monster cables and grabbed a 120 dollar cable!!! I told him to put that **** back and we would head to wally world afterwards and get one for 30.. I mean really it's just a ****ing cable!! Since then I have found out that harbor freight sells hdmi cords for 10 bucks :)

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    How so?

I use monoprice.com for all of my audio/video cable needs.

I've never actually done it but when I was working in a/v stuff we were always told that long runs of 50 or more feet the more expensive cables had less interference from other wires running down the wall and etc. I am about to run a few 100 ft cables. I'm getting them from monoprice so I can update if I have problems.

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I've never actually done it but when I was working in a/v stuff we were always told that long runs of 50 or more feet the more expensive cables had less interference from other wires running down the wall and etc. I am about to run a few 100 ft cables. I'm getting them from monoprice so I can update if I have problems.

I could understand with twisted pair, maybe. Dirt cheap wire MAY not have any shielding and won't have as many twists. But even if there is shielding, if it's not grounded on one end, the shielding is useless. I guess RCA (composite, component) connections would be the only thing to fall into this category. Anything digital (Optical/HDMI) wouldn't matter.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom