CMP South Store -- UPDATED

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    I'm heading up with a buddy to visit scenic Anniston AL on Saturday. I will be picking up my first M1 carbine (I'm hoping they have some IBM's left on the shelf) and some more 30-06. He's planning on picking up a racker Garand (i think he has 3 or 4 Garands already) and some barrelled receivers. I'll have pics when I get back.

Anyone else planning to be there this weekend? This will be my first time there.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I would call to verify what they have and the hours of the store. I know they close for inventory also. Better to be safe then in Anniston looking at a closed CMP store.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I would call to verify what they have and the hours of the store. I know they close for inventory also. Better to be safe then in Anniston looking at a closed CMP store.

Or like me, and be there with bare shelves. There was only 2 garands in the store, both NIW, unissued for $25,000 :eek3: Only good thing is that it was only an hour detour on my way back home from vacation a couple years ago.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central

They were closed for inventory a few weeks ago. They've been back open for 2 weeks now. The store has plenty of inventory this week - already checked.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana
    Since Camp Perry is done for the year, they should have pretty good inventory. Don't pass up on the .22's if they have any. I'm still kicking myself for that stunt. Wish I had bought 2 dangit!

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Hell, they had Mossberg 44s for $75 a few years ago. you could buy 5. I bought 1. After I got around to shooting it, I was pretty bummed since they were sold out by then.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    They were closed for inventory a few weeks ago. They've been back open for 2 weeks now. The store has plenty of inventory this week - already checked.

Good deal then! Have fun I haven't made it there yet. I ordered my Garand via the mail but I still got a good one. Service grade 1954 all original.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    Good deal then! Have fun I haven't made it there yet. I ordered my Garand via the mail but I still got a good one. Service grade 1954 all original.

I ordered my Garand through the mail as well. I wanted a WW2 serial number which I got but i got a new stock which i didn't. Besides the long wait, I just decided to go to pick my carbine out myself.

Mr.Hatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Central
    carbine003.jpg

Just got back. The carbines were almost all Rack grade but there were some good ones to be had. The only service grades were Winchesters at 675 which was too much for me. Ended up with a Quality Hardware from early 44 - and the barrel seems to match it's an Inland 2-44 (Quality Hardware didn't make their own barrels.) The only parts that don't match up is the magazine release and the front clamp. Can't wait to get her cleaned up.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom