Concerned LP Citizen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I have this crazy neighbor on Lod Stafford rd in Walker. I noticed about 4 LPSO cruisers and Mr Bens Suv there this morning, whats up? I think the same guy beat the crap out of my dog a few months ago... Sorry to be nosy, but he kind of worries us simple country folk.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Was "your dog in your yard" when the "crazy" neighbor supposedly beat the crap out of it??????

Good fences make good neighbors.................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Actually she was digging in all the garbage he was burning in his front yard. DEQ got that one solved. Whats weird is the vet said she looked like she had meth in her system and of course a beat up head and body. I wonder if the two blackhawk helicopters I saw hovering behind his place has anything to do with the LP visit.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Yeah it works like that in the city maybe, and considering his rotweiller is a frequent vistor to my pond (which I dont blame the dog) I would think he would be a little more tolerant. But then again, he is the crazy neighbor. Maybe I should start beating his dog, maybe break my g19 in on him?? Sound good??? Didnt think so... Bottom line is, if the dude is cooking meth or growing weed, I need to know about it!

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    If his dog is on your property do something about it. Keep your dog in your yard and then you can fuss about his. All I am trying to say is if your dog is on his property, you cannot complain about him beating your dog. I live in Livingston Parish and there is a leash law.

And unless you are a law enforcement officer, or his activities have put you or your family in danger, what he does on his property is none of your business. Let the police stop his weed farm or meth lab.

Calling him crazy is your opinion. In my experience there are two sides to every story, so just because you believe that he is crazy doesnt mean that your suspicion of illegal activity trumps his rights on his own property. I would suggest that you keep your dog on your property, keep his dog off your property, and let him be. If he is doing something wrong, the LPSO will do something about it.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    OK ok , I dont know how we got off on the dog thing, property isnt the issue. Half the LPSO 100ft from my house was the question. I just figured reading this message, http://www.lpso.org/message.php I might get some info. Because WTSHTF neighbors are all we will have. But your right, none of my concern i suppose. Sorry I asked!

Countryboy1985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    I agree with ya mike. I'm in LP also and while the dog issue is minor, I would be concerned of any of my neighbor were making drugs or anything of that nature. I'd like to keep my streets safe for my daughter

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Yeah it works like that in the city maybe, and considering his rotweiller is a frequent vistor to my pond (which I dont blame the dog) I would think he would be a little more tolerant. But then again, he is the crazy neighbor. Maybe I should start beating his dog, maybe break my g19 in on him?? Sound good??? Didnt think so... Bottom line is, if the dude is cooking meth or growing weed, I need to know about it!

Well, if the Rott aproaches you in a threatening manner.......[+]

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Note to self: Okay to beat a dog if it wanders into your property.

The dog thing isnt my issue, yes my dog got beat, yes she was on his property, but what self respecting dog isnt going to go dig in food waste and other trash on display 100 ft from where she sleeps. If I was to do something stupid like that I would expect dogs. opossums, coons and every other manner of wildlife to be digging/eating in it. But lets forget the dogs. And NO I will not harm a animal for being on my property as most dogs I know cant read a land platt or know how to recognize property post. :(

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    no they cant tell a property post. but it is YOUR responsibility as the land owner and dog owner to keep YOUR dog on YOUR property. if i was your neighbor, you and I would be having a chat about you keeping your mutt out of my yard. and if YOU couldnt obey the law and and keep your animals off my property then I would call the police and file a complaint on you.

sounds to me like you are the problematic neighbor....not the "crazy guy"

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Your pretty hung up on this dog thing, daddy didnt let you have a puppy??? Get over it. You are right every one is entitled to their opinion and I think we all know what yours is. Peace be with you.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    i have had dogs my entire life. my dogs have always stayed inside my fence. all i am saying is you have no right to criticize your neighbors actions when you ILLEGALLY have no will to restrain your dog. you admitted in post #17 that you knew your dog was on another mans property. You live in livingston parish and we have a law in this parish that makes you keep your dog on a leash or fenced in to your property. If you knowingly and willfully break that law you have no right to criticize your neighbor for whatever he may do on his own private property.

Top Bottom