Concerned LP Citizen

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Where are all our LEO's at on this forum? Does any officer on here agree with me? This guy admits that he knows hes breaking the law and wont do anything different and then complains about what his neighbor may or may not be doing........anyone?

Countryboy1985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    Maybe i read this wrong, but i thought he added that he THINKS this guy beat up his dog a few months ago. He did admit that his dog was on the mans property but turns around and said that the other mans dog roams on his property which tells me that it normal in that area. if he is out in the boons then it probably is normal to let your dog roam. but seems to me like he was more interested/worried about the possible illegal activities that his neighbor may be commitng. Granted this entire thread is complete speculation, and no I'm no LEO and don't know alot about laws, but my common sense tells me that illegal drugs would take priority over a leash law... thats just my .02

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    i have had dogs my entire life. my dogs have always stayed inside my fence. all i am saying is you have no right to criticize your neighbors actions when you ILLEGALLY have no will to restrain your dog. you admitted in post #17 that you knew your dog was on another mans property. You live in livingston parish and we have a law in this parish that makes you keep your dog on a leash or fenced in to your property. If you knowingly and willfully break that law you have no right to criticize your neighbor for whatever he may do on his own private property.

So if your dog gets out of it's fence somehow and wanders into a neighbor's yard, you are okay with the neighbor beating it?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    If you knowingly and willfully break that law you have no right to criticize your neighbor for whatever he may do on his own private property.

So if he lets his dog roam free then he has no right to call the cops on his neighbor for cooking meth?

How far does it go? If you are speeding and someone slams into the back of you at the next stop light does that mean you can't call the cops on them?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    My dogs have never gotten out. I am responsible with their care. And my neighbors dont have dogs running loose either. We all respect each others rights.

He doesnt know that his neighbor is cooking meth. He is speculating and accusing but he is also admitting that he knowingly lets his dog roam free despite the law. People are siding with his speculation based on one side of a story. Maybe the neighbor doesnt cook meth, since most neighbors dont and he has no proof, and he thinks mike is crazy. All I am saying is, CONTROL YOUR DOG and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Police and old women do a good enough job of getting into everyones business. Let them be instead of committing an act of libel against them on a forum because you SUSPECT someone of beating your dog and cooking meth.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    My dogs have never gotten out. I am responsible with their care. And my neighbors dont have dogs running loose either. We all respect each others rights.

He doesnt know that his neighbor is cooking meth. He is speculating and accusing but he is also admitting that he knowingly lets his dog roam free despite the law. People are siding with his speculation based on one side of a story. Maybe the neighbor doesnt cook meth, since most neighbors dont and he has no proof, and he thinks mike is crazy. All I am saying is, CONTROL YOUR DOG and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Police and old women do a good enough job of getting into everyones business. Let them be instead of committing an act of libel against them on a forum because you SUSPECT someone of beating your dog and cooking meth.

So because he let his dog roam free, he has no right to call the police if he suspects a crime is being committed?

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    what is the cause for his suspicion? cuz he thinks hes crazy?

I guarantee you there is a crime being committed on Plank Road right now but you dont see me calling in do you? This guy needs to keep his animal under control first and then worry about what his neighbor may or may not be doing.

Lets assume his neighbor is innocent, since youre supposed to be innocent until proven guilty around here, and he keeps getting the cops called on him because ole mikey here suspects him of cooking meth. not only does he get frustrated because the cops get dispatched on him from some unsupported accusation but the sob who keeps accusing him lets his dog run all in his yard and tear up his stuff. i dont know about you but the "crazy" neighbor kinda sounds like a victim to me.........

NO ONE HERE HAS PROVEN THAT THE NEIGHBOR IS COOKING METH OR EVEN GIVEN HARD EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT FACT.

the only crime documented in this thread is the willful disobedience of the leash law which no one seems to care about. this shows that the bs members are just like the rest of the country....dont worry about the laws we have..lets fuss at someone else because we think they are weird

Last edited:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    what is the cause for his suspicion? cuz he thinks hes crazy?

I guarantee you there is a crime being committed on Plank Road right now but you dont see me calling in do you? This guy needs to keep his animal under control first and then worry about what his neighbor may or may not be doing.

Lets assume his neighbor is innocent, since you're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty around here, and he keeps getting the cops called on him because ole mikey here suspects him of cooking meth. not only does he get frustrated because the cops get dispatched on him from some unsupported accusation but the sob who keeps accusing him lets his dog run all in his yard and tear up his stuff. i dont know about you but the "crazy" neighbor kinda sounds like a victim to me.........

NO ONE HERE HAS PROVEN THAT THE NEIGHBOR IS COOKING METH OR EVEN GIVEN HARD EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST THAT FACT.

the only crime documented in this thread is the willful disobedience of the leash law which no one seems to care about. this shows that the bs members are just like the rest of the country....dont worry about the laws we have..lets fuss at someone else because we think they are weird

My, my, it must be wonderful to be so wise at such a young age.

Neighbors can cause lots of problems without actually trespassing.

Please, don't be so publicly sure of yourself. You need to give yourself a while to grow up before giving such harsh advice to others in public.

leVieux

Countryboy1985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    The guy said that the vet told him there was meth in the dogs system. The meth would have had to come from somewhere and since the dog was digging in neighbors trash, seems like a logical place he could have gotten it. He didn't say "I don't like my neighbor therefor he must be cooking meth". And for that matter, I've owned dogs my entire life and yes, they do get out from time to time! Who woulda thought the damn things with four legs can actually dig under a fence?! But the difference is my neighbors will put them back in my yard and move something to cover the hole and notify me when I get home. But I am curious, why are you so defensive about the possibilty of his neighbor cooking meth?

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    well Sylvest the thread WAS to find out what was going on, so I don't think the OP made the call. A meth lab, depending on the amount of chemicals, can level a neighborhood at worst and at best just burn down the lab.

The dog is okay for now, keep him leashed or pinned, if your neighbor suspects you of the little visit, he may do more than beat your dog.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Dont go killing a dog because he has a stupid owner. Unless he really is attacking you.

Coming at you in a threatening manner = On the verge of attacking you :o

If this ever happens to you, trust me- the stupid owner will be the last thing on your mind.:eek3:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    That sucks about him beating the dog, but I do agree he should have stayed in your yard but thats besides the point.

If he is cooking anything other than food then yeah you definelty have to worry about it, specially if its close to you and if you have children resp. track irritations are commun on areas were meth is cooked.

You guys are killing me every time I read LP I think of Lafayette Parish and not Livingston Parish LOL.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Man oh man! I guess I need to be clear here, my dog does stay on my property for the most part. I am not complaining about other peoples animals, I have had horses,cows, ducks, dogs etc etc on my property and I do the respectable thing, notify the owner or bring it back home. I dont know for sure he was the one who put my dog in a coma, but I can tell you that she WAS on his property, and the stuff the vet pumped out of her stomache was burnt burnt pill bottles, bits of glass you name it. And it could have only come from one place. I did NOT call the police because as you stated so many times, my dog was on his property, so it was my fault. I accept that. But behond that I didnt say he had a lab or was doing anything illegal. Heck maybe he was having a BBQ for the LPSO that morning. I simply asked what was going on, a platoon of LEO's, blackhawk helicopters, wouldnt you be curious and concerned? As long as its nothing that can hurt my familly I dont really care. I can tell you this, I have lived here for over 25 years and have never had a issue before. So.... And really it isnt any of my business which is why I titled my post "Concerned Citizen and Nosy Neighbor". This thread is a big fat waste of server space, can someone please lock it or delete it. I will get my info via other means.

Last edited:

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA

If this ever happens to you, trust me- the stupid owner will be the last thing on your mind.:eek3:

Im a cable guy, and it HAS happened a few times, a chow got me once. But then again I was on its turf, well actually I was in the cable easement, but I dont think dogs can read map prints either. ;)

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA

I agree, but how you typed it sounded like you were saying go kill his dog and claim it was in self defense when you really just wanted to kill his dog because you didnt like its owner. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assumed thats not what you meant since its hard to tell by reading a post but I just wanted to make it clear.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I agree, but how you typed it sounded like you were saying go kill his dog and claim it was in self defense when you really just wanted to kill his dog because you didnt like its owner. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and assumed thats not what you meant since its hard to tell by reading a post but I just wanted to make it clear.

I dont think anyone was saying to kill a dog. I dont kill animals unless I am going to eat them or they are going to eat me!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom