Conditions Were Ideal at Gonzales Sunday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I almost hate to do it, but I need to show off a bit. This was fired with an open sight AR-15 service rifle (post front sight) from prone position using a sling. The target is a 600yd reduced for 200yds. It is 20 shots and the center to center measurement is just over 2.5".

l8hydstykakvc3mzxet.jpg

Highpower really does help you learn how to shoot better. If you fancy yourself a rifleman, you should come out and try it.

Dan

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I know that was painful, but don't you feel better now, I know I do when I brag a little:D Nice shooting:D:D

I will get over the pain.:D I had a really good day (always important in front of students). I shot a 95 standing; 100-1x sitting; 99-4x prone rapid and 200-10X prone slow fire. 494-15X is my best score at that range by several points. It was interesting to note that the light was so good that I shot without my glasses (corrective lenses).

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    WOW! That is empressive. Were you at Palo Alto? I have a friend at work that shoots there often.

jdhunt3 and I run the highpower matches at Palo Alto.

The target in the picture was shot at the 200 yard match at the Sheriff''s range in Gonzales on Sunday.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    I thought this Thread deserved a Bit more Noting.. it really is very incredible..

For those who arent familiar with exactly how Impressive this is...

Gene Beginski holds w 600yrd world record with a scoped rifle of 2.27" 100-4x
    for a scoped rifle @600 the x ring is 3".

To shoot for 1000yrd World records with scopes we get 10rounds, and the world record is just under 4". in 2005 the world record breaking IBS 2 target ag was 4.318 using a heavy benchrest gun.

Groupings of 248-7x @ 200yrds for a scoped rifle at the IBS nationals has made people the World Champion. I watched Larry Bryant in Hunter class do it personally.

Although i dont know alot about the Iron sight shooting records, I do know that this grouping would qualify DZ as one of the Nations best if it were in a National Event.

This is what kinda what DZ is looking at when he shoots..

5.jpg

I have seen some of the Finest shooters in the world, and even been accused of it by a few blind fellas,lol. I dont compete in IBS, just a personal choice, but to manage a 20 shot, under 3" grouping with Iron, is World Class, a grouping like this at the National Level would put you amongst the finest shooters in the world. If you guys are smart, youll convince this guy to put on a clinic, just for what he can offer on sighting discipline alone would be worth its weight in gold.

I once heard this in a movie and its fitting...

"We walk in the Shadow of his Turpulence"

DZ, you have my utmost respect already here, but this is truely something im honored to actually see, I have spent a lifetime shooting with scoped rifle, and every now and then, everything just comes together right, but to ever think, of a grouping like this with Iron @ 200yrds was something i could ever do, would be rediculous. I know what it would take to pull it off, and im content knowing ill never do it,lol. I extend to you every darn bit of praise that it deserves, congratulations DZ, when someone does something like this, it just lifts the whole damn human race another inch higher.

Trust me guys, when this guy talks, you might want to listen and absorb. If he shares any info, get a pen and paper, and if you have a chance to shoot with him, take it and know that you are definately amongst one of the finer shooters around. Watch him and steal every bit that you can from him. Doesnt matter if you shoot with Scope or Iron, youll come out a far better shooter.

... Just thought it should be said.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I wanna shoot like that!

Melisa,

Spanky was invited to the clinic Saturday and the match on Sunday. I didn't hear from him. Perhaps, he should stay home and babysit and you should come out. I can teach you to shoot well with a rifle. I don't know if you will luck up and get perfect conditions on a day that your eyesight happens to be working (not so often with my 49 year old eyes), but you will be able to hit the target 200 (or even 600) yards away consistently in the black.

We shoot at Gonzales on the 4th Sunday of every month. you can even bring Spanky if he has been behaving.

Dan

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    i don't even think i can see a target at 200 yards without a scope or binoculars. i might could hit a truck that far away though.

If you don't have the eyes of a 10 year old and your concentrating on the front post it's a fuzzy circle anyway. Hard part is keeping it centered in the fuzz.

Sorry I missed it but on the bright side I've got approx 40 kids in Shooting Sports through the initial training this weekend. If things go as well as I hope you may have some juniors heading your way in a few years.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Thanks LR, but that is not even close to a record. The record is 200-17X.

... but the difference between your target and a 200-17x...grouping difference could be only about .65" right? ....You are modest, but a 2/3 an inch off record class is pretty good for a day in Gonzales.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    i don't even think i can see a target at 200 yards without a scope or binoculars. i might could hit a truck that far away though.

Dude, you are 23 years old. How bad can your eyes be? Besides, the most important thing to see is your front post and it is only 20" away. If you can focus on that, the rest will take care of itself.

Dan

LAYNFRM

in the fire
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    central/pride
    Dude, you are 23 years old. How bad can your eyes be? Besides, the most important thing to see is your front post and it is only 20" away. If you can focus on that, the rest will take care of itself.

Dan

i have a magnifying setup on my computer screen so i can see it. that's WITH glasses on...

haha, j/k. i can see half-ass

MoMallard

'03 guru
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    DeRidder, LA
    500yd clean with 12X

DSC00132.jpg

I'm not quite at the level that Dan's at, but I can show occasional flashes of brilliance (and failure, just ask him!!) This was at 500yds, and yes, the tiny black pasters you see are sighters, so I guess that Dan's famous quote applies to me!

Top Bottom