Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This says MS will issue you a basic permit. Does that mean I have to get a permit still and it is free?
    No clue. Not too familiar with MS law. My understanding is to get the enhanced carry permit that you still have to take an 8hr class

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "A well regulated militia,....."

Some of you are not arguing "Constitutional" anything.

I don't know this for sure, but I'd be willing to believe they didn't bring muskets inside to the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Pro 2A has finally won the day in Louisiana! At least as unregulated as it's going to be for now! Be happy! As for the future, there is a possibility that post offices will not be allowed to restrict persons carrying a firearm. The SCOTUS is going to hear that soon. That may change a lot of Government rules, but it remains to be seen. What you got yesterday, is all you could ask for!

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    "A well regulated militia,....."

Some of you are not arguing "Constitutional" anything.

I don't know this for sure, but I'd be willing to believe they didn't bring muskets inside to the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Pro 2A has finally won the day in Louisiana! At least as unregulated as it's going to be for now! Be happy! As for the future, there is a possibility that post offices will not be allowed to restrict persons carrying a firearm. The SCOTUS is going to hear that soon. That may change a lot of Government rules, but it remains to be seen. What you got yesterday, is all you could ask for!
    That word didn't mean what you think it means.

Helmsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Is it? I sure hope he stand by his word and signs it!!!
    It is.
    SB1.jpg

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Is it? I sure hope he stand by his word and signs it!!!
    All signs seem to point towards him signing it.

Wouldn’t make sense that they would have fast tracked it if he isn’t going to sign.

He ran on this saying back in the fall that he wanted to get this done. Also his FB post from the other day talking about how Constitutional Carry levels the playing field for the law-abiding would indicate that he signs this quickly

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    My stance is that constitutional carry allows you to carry with reasonable restrictions, just as the first amendment allows freedom of speech....with reasonable restrictions. You can't yell "fire" in a movie theater and you can't use speech to incite violence.

Now folks can carry however they choose in what is likely more than 99% of the state. A few reasonable exceptions apply: jails, courthouses, on airplanes, while intoxicated, and etc.

You absolutely can yell "fire" in a movie theater, especially if there happens to be a fire in the theater. ;)

"Reasonable" exceptions are infringements. Just because enough people are willing to accept them that politicians can codify them into laws doesn't make them not infringements.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You absolutely can yell "fire" in a movie theater, especially if there happens to be a fire in the theater. ;)

"Reasonable" exceptions are infringements. Just because enough people are willing to accept them that politicians can codify them into laws doesn't make them not infringements.
    At the end of the day, all laws are infringements on "freedom" that are in the best interest of society at large. That's literally the premise of law.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I would absolutely feel safe driving 100mph on many of the roads across the US. But, I understand that it is in society's best interest to keep the public, at large, from doing that.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    He signed it last night at like 830pm lol
    Source? Everything that I have seen indicates that it was sent to the Governor today.

Thrilled to be wrong about this.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Source? Everything that I have seen indicates that it was sent to the Governor today.

Thrilled to be wrong about this.

Durn fake news!!!

Ahhh sorry you are correct… it said he did but they changed it on wbrz

Editor's note: A former version of this story said Governor Landy signed the measure Wednesday. Landry's staff said he has not signed the bill, but plans to do so next week.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Durn fake news!!!

Ahhh sorry you are correct… it said he did but they changed it on wbrz

Editor's note: A former version of this story said Governor Landy signed the measure Wednesday. Landry's staff said he has not signed the bill, but plans to do so next week.

Copy that. Thanks for posting. Had not seen that. So, we have to wait until next week for the signature. All good.

Top Bottom