Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    From gov.

IMG_6080.png

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    No.

The new bill said that folks carrying under the new law (effective in July) have the same stipulations on where they can carry as under the CHP law. So still no BAC >0.05, no carrying in courthouses, at schools, and etc.

Such as?
    I was just watching a video that Barret Kendrick posted on YouTube. He said in the video that you must have a CHP to CC in the resturant
    No.

The new bill said that folks carrying under the new law (effective in July) have the same stipulations on where they can carry as under the CHP law. So still no BAC >0.05, no carrying in courthouses, at schools, and etc.

Such as?
    I was just watching a video that Barret Kendrick posted on YouTube. He said in the video that you must have a CHP to CC in the restaurant.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That word didn't mean what you think it means.
    I didn't highlight it to mean they "expected" to be or were intent on being "regulated" by a law. They expected people to have common sense. Which is my understanding of the Oxford definition; and, which is why I am assuming there were no guns in the chamber during the establishment of the Bill of Rights. I couldn't find anything that corroborates that, however. But, I have never seen any depictions, paintings, drawings, from that era that shows them all carrying muskets or pistols during that event.

Regardless, with all their foresight, they never saw this modern day America coming.

Good catch, though! I should have framed that a little differently!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Which of the restrictions would need to go away to make it a true "constitutional carry" in your opinion?
    All restrictions.
    Like the age restriction? Are you suggesting it won't be true "constitutional carry" unless every kid in kindergarten is allowed to be strapped in class?

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    I was just watching a video that Barret Kendrick posted on YouTube. He said in the video that you must have a CHP to CC in the resturant

I was just watching a video that Barret Kendrick posted on YouTube. He said in the video that you must have a CHP to CC in the restaurant.
    the restaurant thing was in previous years permitless carry bills. i do not see the restaurant retriction thats going to the govs desk.

you do still need to inform an officer if you are carrying with or without a permit.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If any of you see "specific" "verifiable" examples of any portion, statement, verbiage, or contradictions in either; the CHP Statute, or the recent Permitless Carry Bill; or how they will work in concert with each other, post them! If they are legit, I would be more than happy to have a Bill suggested in the upcoming Regular Session to address it! But just throwing things out there that are already covered is a waste of everyone's time.

However, if you truly and sincerely do not understand any of the verbiage, or how it actually affects legality, this is the place to discuss. But do your research first.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thanks for adding that. As an LEO, I appreciate an individual that informs me up front that he is carrying, or has a gun in his car when I am making a traffic stop.
    I appreciate you for what you do and have to put up with out there. I think informing you guys up front should be the least a law abiding citizen with a gun can do, with or with out it being mandatory! I know I have no problem offering that info up. But, you have all kinds out there! Stay safe!

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    Thanks for adding that. As an LEO, I appreciate an individual that informs me up front that he is carrying, or has a gun in his car when I am making a traffic stop.
    I have been doing this and preaching it for years. I admittedly had a lead foot in the past and have had more than a few tickets because of it. Every single time I let the officer know I was armed within the first few seconds, often before they even had a chnace to get past introducing themseleves. You could literally see the appreciation on their faces and the gears shift in their mentality. I've had various responses, but not a single negative one. Informing in a polite manner, without saying "I have gun", keeps EVERYONE safer. My mentality at the time was "Just because you don't have to, doesn't mean you shouldn't".
    I may have missed it, but will duty to inform roll over to anyone with a gun in the vehicle as opposed just to on their person?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I said no gun laws. You can take that how you wish.

No gun laws means a child could own a gun and bring it with him to school to put under his pillow during nap time. To say I can take that how I wish implies that I'm welcome to interpret your meaning however I want, even if that interpretation differs from your intended meaning. What I wish is for you to be explicit in your position so we do not misinterpret what you are saying.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I said no gun laws. You can take that how you wish.
    While I would never accept a democrat's interpretation of "common sense" gun laws, I could think of dozens of logical, practical, and pertinent reasons off the top of my head why there needs to be some gun laws.

I don't like to EVER say NEVER; but I am 100% certain in this case, you will never get what you desire! ;)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I would never accept a democrat's interpretation of "common sense" gun laws, I could think of dozens of logical, practical, and pertinent reasons off the top of my head why there needs to be some gun laws.

I don't like to EVER say NEVER; but I am 100% certain in this case, you will never get what you desire! ;)

I can just picture little Johnny and Susan shooting it out over who gets the green crayon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tstevens42
    Top Bottom