Constitutional Carry in Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Then please answer my question: What are your thoughts on your average Bubba Redneck carrying concealed?

Concealed means concealed, but Louisiana is an open carry state, so technically, if your firearm is now in the open, it's still legal. However, what do you think will happen when the neckbeard with his "**** Obama" shirt suddenly has his Sigma .40 fall out of his waistband?

And don't act like you've never seen the type of moron I'm talking about. Go to any Gun Show and you can spot them in droves. I've had my fair share of these idiots hand me a loaded gun, proclaiming it's empty, only for me to drop the mag and rack a fresh round out of the chamber.

Most, but not all CHP holders get educated in some form or another before they start carrying concealed. Now whether or not they follow what they've been taught, well... that's on them. Point being, I don't think just anyone should be carrying concealed. There is a lot more to it, than just sticking a gun under your shirt.

If im following you we arnt talking about Bubba. We are talking saggy pants tear drop face tatatoos. They already carry concealed, but hopefully they dont reproduce before they have an accident with their perfered style of carry "Mexican Carry".

I agree that the average person who would start carrying from this being passed will stop soon after because lets be honest carrying a gun worth using is inconvienient until you need it. Those who carry daily dont do it as a fashion statement or because they can they carry because they believe if there is the slightest chance of needing thier gun they dont want to be without it.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Once again, in an entirely different thread and topic, you are not following me.

Nope... I'm talking about Bubba
    Either way mouth breathers no matter the race, creed, religion, sex, sexual preference, ect. have the right to shove their highpoint down their pants and blow off their little point.

I dont think as a society every time we make a law or change a law we should focus on the lowest common demominator.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    The con I see isn't with Bubba... he can already OC... concealing it doesn't make him any less/more of a threat based on his limited brain function.
    What I see are gang bangers who haven't had a felony conviction yet committing crime when they were previously "legally carrying". The rate of crime committed by legally carrying gun owners will go up correct?

I understand Constitutional carry, and agree with it. And rights apply evenly, but we need to be prepared to address such a situation.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Congrats, you are now 1 of 4 people who did not read the first part of my post...

Then I followed with two hypothetical questions, ya know... to start a discussion... on a discussion forum... :eh:.

I read your post and understand what you are saying. My retort is simple:

Constitutional Carry is a Win-Win. It will encourage most of the OC waterheads to hide their stupidity under a jacket or shirt now. Though the pistol will probably still reside in some form of useless nylon holster, it will at least add a small layer of retention. You will still have a few holdouts that insist on OC because they will always crave the attention, but that's fine by me. It will make the uber-stupid ones easiest to spot and avoid.

It also has the added benefit of not requiring the population to ASK FOR PERMISSION to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in the safest and most responsible manner available to them.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I read your post and understand what you are saying. My retort is simple:

Constitutional Carry is a Win-Win. It will encourage most of the OC waterheads to hide their stupidity under a jacket or shirt now. Though the pistol will probably still reside in some form of useless nylon holster, it will at least add a small layer of retention. You will still have a few holdouts that insist on OC because they will always crave the attention, but that's fine by me. It will make the uber-stupid ones easiest to spot and avoid.

It also has the added benefit of not requiring the population to ASK FOR PERMISSION to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in the safest and most responsible manner available to them.

I agree. That's why I made it clear in my first post.

However, some of the bubba's I'm talking about, are people I've actually met, some on BS :eek3:

Then again, they've marked themselves and I'd be happy to avoid them, as you've mentioned.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Let's assume this passes... *For the record, I'm all for it*

What are your thoughts on your average Bubba Redneck carrying concealed?

I'm not too concerned about it.

How many Neckbeards are gonna try to cover a paddle Serpa under a t-shirt?

Trick question - The answer is None b/c everyone knows they'll make their own homemade holster

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Trick question - The answer is None b/c everyone knows they'll make their own homemade holster

Does the flip flop holster come in an Appendix Carry config?

Universal-Handgun-Sandal-Holster.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    HAHA well I do usually agree with you on most things lol.

Hit me up if you need a cheerleader!

Madwabbit and I could usually get a thread to implode by page 2. That hasn't happened in a while, so that's a good thing? Maybe... but we still have some special folks here :rofl:

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I am all for constitutional carry in theory, but I must admit Dave_M has a point when it comes to the gun fumbling public one tends to find in a concealed carry class. So in concession to this I would be for a constituional carry law in the state tied to a public gun safety education campaigned to be paid for by tax of not more than 1% tied to firearms / ammo sales in the state, the key here being that the gun safety education is optional and not mandated, it shoudl also be mandated that funds can't go to anti-gun campaigns.

p.s. this tax can even be made invisible to the end user, for example did you know that every store / wholesaler and producer that sells eggs in Louisiana has to pay a 1 cent per dozen tax, plus an anual license fee, so that by the time the typical package of a dozen eggs gets to the consumer it has been taxed by 1 cent 2-4 times. In theory this tax goes to pay for Louisiana egg inspectors.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I am all for constitutional carry in theory, but I must admit Dave_M has a point when it comes to the gun fumbling public one tends to find in a concealed carry class. So in concession to this I would be for a constituional carry law in the state tied to a public gun safety education campaigned to be paid for by tax of not more than 1% tied to firearms / ammo sales in the state, the key here being that the gun safety education is optional and not mandated, it shoudl also be mandated that funds can't go to anti-gun campaigns.

There y'all go negating the whole idea of Constitutional Carry by adding conditions to a right that should not be infringed. Freedom does not mean the elimination of all risk. Ben Franklin was actually talking about taxes, but it kinda fits here "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I assist as a RSO coach during the range portion of CCW training, so yes, I've seen some dumb stuff, often by people who should have known better. I agree that training is good (I tell my wife when I stop learning, I'll start dying), but it should be provided as a free or low cost public service like the NRA Basic Pistol Safety course or the LSP motorcycle safety training and it should be voluntary. People do stupid stuff all the time even with training (everyone has to pass a drivers test to get a license - doesn't stop all accidents).

Even "pros" are not immune to brain farts - my favorite negligent discharge video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WJMoxMfm4
    Other police NDs (not to single out cops, but as a group, they are perceived as being well trained in handling firearms)
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=negligent+discharge+police

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'll repeat... I'm for Constitutional Carry, but for the sake of discussion, I've brought up these points.

If Bubba Redneck and his Pals want to start carrying concealed, and they are stupid enough to ND or, God forbid, get themselves killed... Then that's not going to keep me from sleeping at night. I look at concealed carry the same way I look at driving; It's not me that I'm worried about. You have to pay attention to the people around you.

BTW, Professional shooters are the only pros out there. When your profession is to shoot guns... then you're a pro. LEO do a lot more than shoot a gun.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Trailboss, did you even read what I said about NOT MANDATED? To restate it the key here being that the gun safety education is optional and not mandated. There was NO concession of the right mentioned, only a concession of paying a limited rate specific tax to provide education and public awareness, I can possibly see even having a sunset for this tax after some number of years..

Top Bottom