Constitutional Carry, passed the House of Representatives by a veto proof majority

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Im all for no amendments… less than ideal but would have been ok with the sacrifice of mandatory class if we didn’t have to pay or do prints, picture and application…. And say kept a card on us saying we completed the class… but as usual I guess they know what’s best for us

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Im all for no amendments… less than ideal but would have been ok with the sacrifice of mandatory class if we didn’t have to pay or do prints, picture and application…. And say kept a card on us saying we completed the class… but as usual I guess they know what’s best for us

I also wish it would pass but I just don’t see it happening until the voters take a firm stance.

For lifetime permit holders renewals are super simple, we literally just email our certificate over and the new permit shows up a couple days later. (I agree the permit is a joke and shouldn’t be required but it is required so we gotta pay the price, hopefully we can get it changed for the future generations but I do believe we are a ways away).

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Who knows what the penalty for a plain jane no other issues arrest for a Louisianan resident carrying concealed without a permit? I am NOT advocating any particular actions, nor do I publicly condone illegal activity. I am just asking if any one here knows for certain what the penalty is?

Last time I checked, it was a misdemeanor with a very low fine.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The big joke is those opposed points are.
    A bunch of un-trained persons will be running a round armed. We all know
    There is no real training. It is a money grab for those that teach classes and get the permit fees
    Under present law "You can already carry" just openly so you are made into a soft target doing so.
    Open carry puts you as a soft target on a lesser level than the crook, thug what ever they go by.
    The public just wanted a level playing field for safety

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well crap!!!! Good ol’ Louisiana… dog and pony show!!!
    It is all smoke and mirrors and then the dog & pony show up there. This, like every other Bill, gets pre-determined over free dinners (paid by lobbyists and taxpayers), at Ruth's Chris. Another reason I say, I will NEVER go up there and waste my time languishing through the BS in a Committee room.

This state is, and will remain, a 3rd rate sh*t hole for a long time!

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Waiting for Gov. Landry, I guess. It would seem it was up against parliamentary rules that might have derailed it. It will become law most likely next year.

I'm as pissed off as anyone can be. It's just a damn shame that the safety of ourselves and our family come down to a bunch of crybabies that only worry about the poor underprivileged murderous thugs.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Waiting for Gov. Landry, I guess. It would seem it was up against parliamentary rules that might have derailed it. It will become law most likely next year.

I'm as pissed off as anyone can be. It's just a damn shame that the safety of ourselves and our family come down to a bunch of crybabies that only worry about the poor underprivileged murderous thugs.
    No way in hell does this Senator Luneau just happen to wait all the way to the last Committee to offer an amendment like mandatory training. It was a "Fiscal" Committee. They were only supposed to be considering the monetary pros and cons at that point. These charlatans do this sh*t all the time up there!

Elections coming, now the representatives can tell pro-gun voters they voted for it, and senators can say they never had the chance to vote on it; or they would have.

Jokes on us!

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    A bunch of spineless asshol*s is what we have there now. It makes me sick to my stomach. F'it... nothing we can do now except take it and vote for an ultra conservative Governor. I'm voting Landry, or any other conservative zealot candidate that opposes the lefts ideology.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Who knows what the penalty for a plain jane no other issues arrest for a Louisianan resident carrying concealed without a permit? I am NOT advocating any particular actions, nor do I publicly condone illegal activity. I am just asking if any one here knows for certain what the penalty is?

Last time I checked, it was a misdemeanor with a very low fine.
    Should be covered in this. https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=78739

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Pretty long but got this email from Danny McCormick this morning about why he killed it….

My Friends,

This is a very painful email to write. I don’t think I can properly express the disappointment and, well, anger I have at the shenanigans politicians played with your right to keep and bear arms.

So, I guess the best way is to list the Good, the Bad and the extremely Ugly.

Let’s start with the Good- House Bill 131, my Constitutional Carry Bill, passed through the State House of Representatives fast and intact. Efforts to water down the Bill failed and I really had high hopes that politicians in Baton Rouge finally realized that the people demand their right to bear arms be restored… without paying another tax or begging permission to carry a firearm for self- defense.

However, looking back on it, I am pretty convinced this was because ‘leadership’ knew what the State Senate was about to do. In fact, later events in the House proved this.

Next, the Bad- As soon as Constitutional Carry hit the State Senate, Senators began to gut it. Here are just a few of the changes these anti-gunners stuffed into Constitutional Carry-
    • Created a second-class citizenship, which is unconstitutional under the 14thAmendment, changing the age to exercise the 2nd Amendment from 18 to 21.
    • Put hamstrings on where and how the people could bear arms.
    • Demanded that anyone who carries also carry a Government issued ID at all times. So, if you had left your wallet or purse in your car, well, felony charges would follow.
    • Forced law-abiding citizens, who have committed no crime, to inform law enforcement if they are carrying, creating a tense and dangerous situation with any interaction with police officers.
    • And the list goes on, clearly infringing on your Right to Keep and Bear Arms as the 2nd Amendment demands.
    Finally, the Ugly- Realizing the State Senate was not going to pass Constitutional Carry, but rather some watered down, crumb from their table, I was forced to pull my Bill. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of anti-gun politicians crowing about how they passed ‘Constitutional Carry’, when in fact all they did was place more infringements on your rights as protected by the 2nd Amendment.

But it gets worse.

Realizing that the State Senate was bowing to the Governor and his anti-gun agenda, I had a final play to make. The State Senate had already passed Senate Bill 130. This Bill gives retired law enforcement officers Constitutional Carry, but not you and me.

So, when Senate Bill 130 came up in the State House, I moved to amend it to change it from just retired law enforcement officers to all law-abiding people in the State of Louisiana.

This is where it really got Ugly.

Teaming with the anti-gunners, State Representatives and even the Speaker of the House refused to allow even a vote on this amendment. Clearly, they were happy to allow the State Senate to amend and gut Constitutional Carry, but not allow me to amend a State Senate Bill to force the passage of Constitutional Carry in Louisiana!

If you don’t believe, please click on this link to watch the anti-gunners declare my amendment not ‘germane.’ This means they claimed that my amendment had nothing to do with the bill! Really? Their Bill gave only a special class of people Constitutional Carry while my amendment would make it apply to all law-abiding citizens as the Constitution requires.

This was the last chance to pass true Constitutional Carry and these anti-gun politicians showed that they really didn’t support the 2nd Amendment. Even more, this showed that their previous vote to pass it was nothing more that grandstanding for votes in the upcoming State Election.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

So where do we go from here? Simple. The State Election is just around the corner and groups such as LiberTea Pac will be exposing the anti-gun agenda of those State Representatives and Senators who bowed to the Governor and worked to further infringe your God-given Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Whether Constitutional Carry ever passes in Louisiana depends on the make up of the State Legislature. If you are as dedicated as I am to restore the 2nd Amendment in Louisiana, please click here to donate to LiberTea Pac so that they can expose the anti-gun schemes in Baton Rouge.

As for me, I am even more committed to fighting to pass Constitutional Carry and not let politicians stand in the way.

747086f2-fda0-65b4-2a25-68038d675d04.jpg

I knew this would be a hard fight, but I never knew how ugly the back door deals and the schemes would be.

But with your help, and the help of other patriots in our Great State, we can and will eliminate the unconstitutional infringements these politicians have shackled on your 2nd Amendment.

The fight has just begun.

In Liberty,

8007ef5b-99eb-582e-5243-371f5c22fcda.png

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Pretty long but got this email from Danny McCormick this morning about why he killed it….

My Friends,

This is a very painful email to write. I don’t think I can properly express the disappointment and, well, anger I have at the shenanigans politicians played with your right to keep and bear arms.

So, I guess the best way is to list the Good, the Bad and the extremely Ugly.

Let’s start with the Good- House Bill 131, my Constitutional Carry Bill, passed through the State House of Representatives fast and intact. Efforts to water down the Bill failed and I really had high hopes that politicians in Baton Rouge finally realized that the people demand their right to bear arms be restored… without paying another tax or begging permission to carry a firearm for self- defense.

However, looking back on it, I am pretty convinced this was because ‘leadership’ knew what the State Senate was about to do. In fact, later events in the House proved this.

Next, the Bad- As soon as Constitutional Carry hit the State Senate, Senators began to gut it. Here are just a few of the changes these anti-gunners stuffed into Constitutional Carry-
    • Created a second-class citizenship, which is unconstitutional under the 14thAmendment, changing the age to exercise the 2nd Amendment from 18 to 21.
    • Put hamstrings on where and how the people could bear arms.
    • Demanded that anyone who carries also carry a Government issued ID at all times. So, if you had left your wallet or purse in your car, well, felony charges would follow.
    • Forced law-abiding citizens, who have committed no crime, to inform law enforcement if they are carrying, creating a tense and dangerous situation with any interaction with police officers.
    • And the list goes on, clearly infringing on your Right to Keep and Bear Arms as the 2nd Amendment demands.
    Finally, the Ugly- Realizing the State Senate was not going to pass Constitutional Carry, but rather some watered down, crumb from their table, I was forced to pull my Bill. The last thing I want to see is a bunch of anti-gun politicians crowing about how they passed ‘Constitutional Carry’, when in fact all they did was place more infringements on your rights as protected by the 2nd Amendment.

But it gets worse.

Realizing that the State Senate was bowing to the Governor and his anti-gun agenda, I had a final play to make. The State Senate had already passed Senate Bill 130. This Bill gives retired law enforcement officers Constitutional Carry, but not you and me.

So, when Senate Bill 130 came up in the State House, I moved to amend it to change it from just retired law enforcement officers to all law-abiding people in the State of Louisiana.

This is where it really got Ugly.

Teaming with the anti-gunners, State Representatives and even the Speaker of the House refused to allow even a vote on this amendment. Clearly, they were happy to allow the State Senate to amend and gut Constitutional Carry, but not allow me to amend a State Senate Bill to force the passage of Constitutional Carry in Louisiana!

If you don’t believe, please click on this link to watch the anti-gunners declare my amendment not ‘germane.’ This means they claimed that my amendment had nothing to do with the bill! Really? Their Bill gave only a special class of people Constitutional Carry while my amendment would make it apply to all law-abiding citizens as the Constitution requires.

This was the last chance to pass true Constitutional Carry and these anti-gun politicians showed that they really didn’t support the 2nd Amendment. Even more, this showed that their previous vote to pass it was nothing more that grandstanding for votes in the upcoming State Election.

You just can’t make this stuff up.

So where do we go from here? Simple. The State Election is just around the corner and groups such as LiberTea Pac will be exposing the anti-gun agenda of those State Representatives and Senators who bowed to the Governor and worked to further infringe your God-given Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Whether Constitutional Carry ever passes in Louisiana depends on the make up of the State Legislature. If you are as dedicated as I am to restore the 2nd Amendment in Louisiana, please click here to donate to LiberTea Pac so that they can expose the anti-gun schemes in Baton Rouge.

As for me, I am even more committed to fighting to pass Constitutional Carry and not let politicians stand in the way.

747086f2-fda0-65b4-2a25-68038d675d04.jpg

I knew this would be a hard fight, but I never knew how ugly the back door deals and the schemes would be.

But with your help, and the help of other patriots in our Great State, we can and will eliminate the unconstitutional infringements these politicians have shackled on your 2nd Amendment.

The fight has just begun.

In Liberty,

8007ef5b-99eb-582e-5243-371f5c22fcda.png
    I may have to throw the challenge flag on some of this.

First; how far outside the good ol' boy network is this guy? He's been up there since January 2020! How didn't he see this coming a mile away? I'm not questioning his sincerity, but he damn sure should know how that rat nest up there works. They didn't dream of torpedoing his Bill last night!

Second; call these piles of Sh*t out by name now! I know for sure from yesterday, this Jay Luneau is a PoS! So there's him! Follow that clown and watch what he got out of the deal. Call them out by name so that potential challengers can start exploring ways to run the sh*t out of them now. Not later! And, not after you ask for money!

Finally, as I stated earlier (and many times before); this state is a dump with 3rd rate, self absorbed, self concerned politicians (particularly democrats), running it further into the ground with each passing day. We are and will reamin at the bottom of every "quality of life" list, and at the top of every "garbage of life" list! It will always remain a dump because of the corruption and the politicians themselves. Follow the money and the good ol' boys, and it will lead you to the answers you seek. Follow the democrats bank accounts (before and after they leave office). A "red" state, versus a "blue" state means nothing here in Louisiana! They are all garbage out to game the citizenry and the system. The white republicans do a better job of at least trying to hide it! The black democrats couldn't care either way!

Even though I was born and raised here, I have no affinity or affection for this state! I lost my respect for this place a long time ago! I will retire and get out of here as fast as I can!

When Arkansas and Mississippi start advancing ahead of your state (and they are), you know it's time to surrender!

Last edited:

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Are you saying that Louisiana is not already one of the last hold out states? Looks like it is THE LAST hold out state in the south.

I didn't say last in the south. I said last as in your map still has like 20 other states before us.

I don't know why y'all are focusing on that specific comment when I called out the three individuals that flipped last time. I'm guessing nobody took the time to read that comment.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom