Cookbook

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    Not sure if anyone has picked up "Ad Hoc" by Thomas Keller, but I highly recommend it.

He's the first American 3 star Michelin award winner with the French Laundry in Napa Valley.

Ad Hoc is a restaurant in Napa that is "family" style cooking. Very easy recipes and very good.

His fried chicken recipe puts ALL others to shame. One thing I learned is to brine the chicken before cooking in any medium: grilling, smoking, roasting, frying, etc.

lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    Cooking is what I do for a living. I went to the culinary institute of America and worked for multiple James beard award winning chefs. In all honesty his cook books are some if the best I have ever come across. I own every one of his books and there is something I have learned form each one.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    To add to this thread...Which cookbooks do any of you use?

John Folse hands down. Pricey but each contains lessons in history, geography, zoology, biology, food science and the most fascinating photography ,old and new, of Louisiana.
    And some great recipes. His recipes are a little complex and he tends to use more ingredients in each recipe than most but the end result is well worth it. YMMV

lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    I use quite the variety of books. All of Thomas Keller books. Eleven Madison park, momofuku culinary artistry, flavor bible, joe beef, the silver spoon and on food and cooking are ones that I read often but I try to but a couple new ones a month to keep up withnew ideas and techniques And as far as a really expensive go get modernist cuisine, which is awesome and full of the science behind food. And as far as where I work I am at Rue 127 on north Carrollton.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you are a seafood lover, I strongly suggest a cookbook called; LOUSIANA SEAFOOD COOKBOOK - 4-H Seafood Cookery Competition Winner. (If you can find one).

It's genius! Why? It was put together back in the late 80's with the 4-H kids from all over Louisiana. The cookbook was formed from best recipes in a competition involving all 4-H chapters. Guess where young kids went to get their recipes for this? From their Grandmothers and Grandfathers. Guess who has the best Louisiana home style seafood recipes? Grandma and Grandpa.

It is a treasure trove of Louisiana seafood recipes that would never see the light of day if not for this book.

Other great ones are, Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries wild game and seafood cookbook, and all of the River Road Recipes series.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I use quite the variety of books. All of Thomas Keller books. Eleven Madison park, momofuku culinary artistry, flavor bible, joe beef, the silver spoon and on food and cooking are ones that I read often but I try to but a couple new ones a month to keep up withnew ideas and techniques And as far as a really expensive go get modernist cuisine, which is awesome and full of the science behind food. And as far as where I work I am at Rue 127 on north Carrollton.

I have Culinary Artistry and the Flavor Bible. The others I'll have to check on. Modernist Cuisine I've heard of. It was a prize on Top Chef if I remember correctly.

I also have the Alinea cookbook.

The menu at Rue 127 looks fantastic. I'll have to check it out for sure. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom