Cool! New iPhone 4 available June 24th!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I'm on my brother in laws 3g Verison Netbook right now. Pretty cool to have the internet and a PC where ever you have service. Unfortunatelly Verison has zero coverage where I live, but I can walk outside my house and there is an ATT tower 300yrds from my house. I live in BFE and the only reason we have a tower is for all the fisherman and hunters in the basin.

Last edited:

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I might just go with with 3gs when we switch from Centennial to ATT because I don't think I need the video calling. I don't need HD video, that is what my laptop/TV are for, and I don't need a farword facing camera to take pictures of myself.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm on my brother in laws 3g Verison Netbook right now. Pretty cool to have the internet and a PC where ever you have service. Unfortunatelly Verison has zero coverage where I live, but I can walk outside my house and there is an ATT tower 300yrds from my house. I live in BFE and the only reason we have a tower is for all the fisherman and hunters in the basin.

Yea verizon coverage sucks in LA in rural errors compared to att, atleast in my experience, but in mississippi and texas its been the opposite my phone will loose coverage and my buddies will have it with verizon.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Ok...

So I'm one of those people who just uses a phone as a phone...

Don't do Text, don't have internet...

My Current phone is probably gonna die soon, so I'm considering going to one of these 'computers'

Guy I know was telling me I can get a Refurbished I-phone for $100 online, and how to get a 25% discount on the monthly plan...

And that I could use it as a GPS on my bike....

SO... what Do I need to know?

Should I jump on this to get this unlimited data thing?

Details?

Thanks.

This describes me before I got an Iphone last year. I actually went two years without a contract because there wasn't a phone that made basic phone calls better than the one I had.

Now I can't wait to pre-order the next phone. I already contacted otterbox to see if one will be available at launch. The Iphone has become so useful from surfing the web, checking email from anywhere and actually being able to send a quick response is priceless. I love to use it to track packages.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I watch an insane number of streaming videos on my laptop via tether...

chart8444323.png

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    This describes me before I got an Iphone last year. I actually went two years without a contract because there wasn't a phone that made basic phone calls better than the one I had.

Now I can't wait to pre-order the next phone. I already contacted otterbox to see if one will be available at launch. The Iphone has become so useful from surfing the web, checking email from anywhere and actually being able to send a quick response is priceless. I love to use it to track packages.

I was talking to a guy at work and he never wanted one but got one because his wife wanted them. Now that he has been assimilated he wishes he would have gotten the upgraded iPhone from the one he has.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No response yet. They did add them to their website today with a note coming soon. There is no commitment to have them available at launch.

Otterbox has to be one of the best companies ever. When I first got my Otterbox I emailed asking a question about their packaging because I thought ATT sold me a used Otterbox, they sent me a new one, no questions asked I later broke off the little cover that covers the headphone slot. I asked them if I could just buy another silicone cover, they sent me a new otterbox without asking any questions.

I will buy an otterbox for my new iphone 4 the day they come out.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Yea verizon coverage sucks in LA in rural errors compared to att, atleast in my experience, but in mississippi and texas its been the opposite my phone will loose coverage and my buddies will have it with verizon.

Yea, that's how it is. We can be out miles in the boondocks here, and Verizon will have full 3G coverage. AT&T struggles to maintain signal in some towns. Luckily AT&T is beefing up its network, but it still sucks when you cross our side of the fence. I still manage with my iPhone.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/raw-video-network-issues-thwart-iphone-demo-20210585

that is pretty funny stuff right there.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I am sooooooo close to telling att to **** off. In the past six months, I average at least 5+ dropped calls a day. Its getting to be annoying.

You talk on the phone 5+ times a day :eek3:

I use mine for an actual phone maybe 2-3 times on a heavy traffic day. :mamoru:

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    No response yet. They did add them to their website today with a note coming soon. There is no commitment to have them available at launch.

Otterbox has to be one of the best companies ever. When I first got my Otterbox I emailed asking a question about their packaging because I thought ATT sold me a used Otterbox, they sent me a new one, no questions asked I later broke off the little cover that covers the headphone slot. I asked them if I could just buy another silicone cover, they sent me a new otterbox without asking any questions.

I will buy an otterbox for my new iphone 4 the day they come out.

Yea my old otterbox was all scratched up, so bad I couldnt see the screen in the sun anymore even with the backlight on the phone turned all the way up they sent me a brand new one free when I asked about buying just the plastic case.

nicksoccertigers21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    I called AT&T about it today because i have the unlimited data plan with my 3gs and i want to upgrade to the new iphone 4. the lady at AT&T said just go to them and they will do it in the system and let you keep your grandfather unlimited data plan with upgrading to the new iphone so no worrys about it you should be good!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom