Cop kills man in wheelchair

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Most of the videos of cop shootings as of late I feel were justified, but this one...a hard no!
    There were so many other options. This was down right murder.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Sad state of affairs when something like this happens.... Might have missed it but in all of the radio traffic between the dispatch and officers on the scene did not hear any description that the suspect was "in a motorized wheelchair" while other responding officers were in route and that suspect was not stopping which probably enhanced the mental state of officers involved. .Eight (8) shots fired seemed rather excessive to me but will have to wait and see what all the lawyers on both side have to saw with that. ..................... drill sgt.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    This was an execution. The first eight shots was bad enough but the split between the eighth and ninth shot was one of the most disturbing things I’ve seen. I hope this guy rides the lightning in an old malfunctioning chair that needs to be lit up nine times to finish the job. I can’t see how anyone can defend this action. I saw it a week or two ago but I guess I missed all the peaceful protest related to this real abuse of power.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    I'm in Tucson now, was here when it happened. Top story for 2 days, then nothing.

Like others, trying to reserve judgement until all evidence is presented, but dang, hard to argue with all the video available.

And as stated above, the pause and that final shot..........ye-ouch!

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Kudos to Ofc Pointblank for exercising some restraint here and not dumping his entire magazine into the perp's back, the store, staff and Christmas shoppers.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm in Tucson now, was here when it happened. Top story for 2 days, then nothing.

Like others, trying to reserve judgement until all evidence is presented, but dang, hard to argue with all the video available.

And as stated above, the pause and that final shot..........ye-ouch!

Hey, off the subject but go to pinnacle peaks steakhouse and let me know if it’s as good as I remember .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    How about we not act like the media and label this before all the facts are in!
    It’s pretty obvious what happened. Also not to mention his department released a statement and fired him immediately upon opening a full investigation.

Let’s just say the guy had a gun or a bomb or whatever that still would not justify the cop to shoot him 9 times in the back.

I typically side with LE and don’t often find myself with this type of opinion. It’s pretty obvious this cop flat out overrated in a major way.

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Hey, off the subject but go to pinnacle peaks steakhouse and let me know if it’s as good as I remember .

Can't afford it anymore!
    That was a staple stop every time I came back to visit my folks. Last time we went it was still mighty tasty!

We used to go about once a month when I was a kid, Cowgirl plate was my go-to.
    Hated when the original building burned, but same good food after the rebuild.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Can't afford it anymore!
    That was a staple stop every time I came back to visit my folks. Last time we went it was still mighty tasty!

We used to go about once a month when I was a kid, Cowgirl plate was my go-to.
    Hated when the original building burned, but same good food after the rebuild.

Awesome, good to know. I took my wife there for one of our first dates, she was a vegetarian so I had to break that.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I did not hear the LEO say anything like "He's got a bomb!!" or "Drop the grenade/machine gun!!" as the suspect headed for a store crowded with civilians so I also assume a bad shoot. HOWEVER, I spent enough time on the road to know that things aren't always as they appear. Hard to imagine a LEO doing this simply because suspect was noncompliant. Hope not.

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA

Here’s another one from a couple years back a little ways down the road from Tucson in Mesa. Its the one where the unarmed Texas man cries and begs for his life while crawling on the hotel floor.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last one I remember where the cop shot someone in the back a few times ended with the cop being convicted and doing time. That guy had allegedly taken the cop’s taser (or not) and was running away on foot. This guy was on a motorized chair moving at a considerable click and reportedly had a concealed toolbox… yeah, ain’t no telling how this one will go.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Devils advocate here, let’s say a fine citizen, such as one you condemning this officer, stepped forward to intervene and deescalate this precarious situation and Mr. knife wielding slasher on wheels stabbed you in the neck. I’m sure your grieving families would sue the officer and department for not stopping the threat.

If you’re going to shoot once, shoot till there’s no threat.

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    While we’re playing what if, imagine if wheelchair man had concealed in his lap a small nuclear device. Brave cop is basically Jack Bauer at that point.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom