Custom Molded Earplugs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What are yalls thoughts on the custom mold ear plugs you can get from bass pro or cabelas? Are they decent or should i just wait till i can get professional molds made?

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Years ago I got some made at a hearing aid place. They made impressions and sent those to a lab. The fit was great. Eventually they cracked because of the tight fit. I wore them a lot. They were comfortable and did not stick out.

Don't know what Cabela's offer though. I did like the custom fits.

JimmyB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Berwick
    I used the custom mold kit available at Academy. It’s probably the same one available at Cabela’s or any other store. It works at first but shrinks after a short while. They shrink a lot. It makes them unusable

Your mileage may vary

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I had a set made almost 9 years ago at an international motorcycle show. They are starting to crumble a bit now. I paid $45.

I had 2 sets made by audibell 3 years ago. The first set did not fit right from the beginning and was remade 3x before they felt ok. They started peeling at 6mo just past their warranty. The second set changed its shape at about a year and is uncomfortable to wear.
    Just got a set from the local ear doc, 36nrr which beats all the others and lots more comfortable. Plus my insurance covered it.

Top Bottom