CVS - WTF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I got a call from CVS yesterday stating that I was on the list for the WuFlu vaccine and when did I want to schedule my shot. I was like WTF, I never signed up for a shot. I told her no thanks and she said "But our records show that you are 68 years old. You need to get the vaccine". Again I said no thanks.

According to what I have seen and read, even with the shot you must still wear a mask (I don't), you can still get the WuFlu, and you could die from it.

Anyone here get the shot? Anyone else an anti-vaxxer/anti-masker like me?

Flame suit on.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got a call from CVS yesterday stating that I was on the list for the WuFlu vaccine and when did I want to schedule my shot. I was like WTF, I never signed up for a shot. I told her no thanks and she said "But our records show that you are 68 years old. You need to get the vaccine". Again I said no thanks.

According to what I have seen and read, even with the shot you must still wear a mask (I don't), you can still get the WuFlu, and you could die from it.

Flame suit on.

I go back for my second shot in about a week. I'm neither an anti-vaxxer or an anti-masker. There's too much science supporting vaccines in general for me to believe the celebrities' testimonials. And masks, if work correctly, work as part of an overall strategy. If you take one element out of the strategy, that strategy becomes less effective. Masks do not work 100% by themselves. And while I'm not an anti-masker, I am anti-mask mandate.

There are many bad things that can happen despite taking precautions. It's not that the precautions prevent the event 100% of the time, it's that they reduce the event to some percentage of the time. It's then up to the individual to determine if the risks from the precaution are worth it as compared to the benefits of the precaution. For example, if you get in a wreck, there is a chance you may die, even if you are wearing a seatbelt. Because a seatbelt is not 100% effective in every situation, should you not wear one? Or is any negative effects of wearing a seatbelt worth it to decrease your chances of dying in a crash?

It looks like the CDC got reports of Covid-19 "adverse events" from the 13 million vaccines given out in the first month. There were "events" in about 0.05% (5% of 1%) of the vaccines. Most of those seem to be non-serious. As far as deaths, they are reporting a 0.00025% (2.5% of 1% of 1%) death rate. Whether or not you believe their numbers is up to you.

From the CDC site:

During December 14, 2020–January 13, 2021, a total of 13,794,904 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered in the United States; 8,436,863 (61.2%) doses were administered to women. VAERS received 6,994 reports of COVID-19–associated adverse events during this period. Among all reports, 6,354 (90.8%) were classified as nonserious and 640 (9.2%) as serious, including 113 (1.6%) deaths. The median age of vaccine recipients in VAERS reports was 42 years (range = 15–104 years); 5,505 (78.7%) reports were submitted for adverse events in women. Headache (22.4%), fatigue (16.5%), and dizziness (16.5%) were the most frequently reported symptoms after vaccination with either vaccine (Table 1). Sixty-two reports of anaphylaxis have been confirmed, 46 (74.2%) after receipt of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 16 (25.8%) after receipt of the Moderna vaccine.

VAERS Reports Involving Non-LTCF Residents
    Among the 6,994 VAERS reports received and processed, 6,844 (97.9%) involved persons not residing in LTCFs; among these, 5,533 (80.8%) received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 1,311 (19.2%) received the Moderna vaccine. Most reports concerned women (5,413; 79.1%), and the median age of persons reporting adverse events was 42 years (range = 15–96 years). The most frequently reported symptoms were headache (1,564; 22.9%), dizziness (1,149; 16.8%), and fatigue (1,147; 16.8%). Among these reports, 6,326 (92.4%) were classified as nonserious. Included among the 518 (7.6%) serious reports were 35 reports of death: 16 (45.7%) after the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and 19 (54.3%) after the Moderna vaccine. Decedents ranged in age from 25 to 91 years (median = 62 years); 15 (42.9%) were women. The median interval from vaccination to death was 3 days (range = 0–20 days). Among 19 persons whose deaths were reported to VAERS after receiving COVID-19 vaccine, record collection and evaluation are ongoing; for the remaining 16 reported deaths, review of death certificates or other data indicated underlying heart disease, cancer, stroke, probable pulmonary embolism, and otherwise frail health as the cause of death.
    https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Flame suit on.

Its you're duty comrade as a citizen to be inoculated so pedro and maria plus7 kids can collect their social security that you've paid in for them .
    Cant have you old guys collecting to much of your money.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I'm not taking it either, my daughter in law is a pharmacist and I can get it anytime I want, but I'm not, don't like the mask mandate either. I did have two relative die in the past two weeks who had covid, one was 76 years old and her son in law (mid 30) died day before yesterday had covid too. Still I rather take my chances and not take the vaccine. I think the government is going to try and force us to take it if we want to travel.

BSGA

BSGA
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Southwest,Louisiana

Flame suit on.

There's no way in hell I'm putting that in my body. To each his own on the mask thing, but I won't wear one either unless it's required to enter a private establishment, and then I have to choose between complying, or not entering. 95% of the time, I choose to spend my $ elsewhere. From the onset of this foolishness, that's been my MO, and I'm too old to change now.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    No way they put that in my body. I do not trust it.
    Wait ten years or so and see what kind of bad things happen to those who allowed themselves to be infected.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I've had both shots. No side effects.

While the 'vaccine' won't prevent you from getting the virus, it is 97% effective at preventing you from requiring hospitalization.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    This
    7457b8cb2080e484c61d570bab8c027d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    I am a member of www.bmcno.org british car club. Our Baton Rouge group has get togethers once a month at a restaurant, usually 15 or so of us. We social distance, but you can't eat with a mask on. I stopped going last October. Since then we have lost two members to covid. That is all the proof that it is real that I need.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    All of you folks who want to ramrod the drug thru the system, should read about another on that was rushed thru too, in the '60s-'70s; Thalidomide; I had to go to the hospital a couple days ago for a shot that I get every 3 months for my copd, thought i was gonna get into a fist fight whith Dr. who insisted i take the shot

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    My wife's and my son's doctor has strongly advised them not to take the covid vaccine shot because of their allergies and medical history. I myself decided I was not going to get the vaccine from jump street. My mother got the shots and did okay with them, however my sister got the shots and had severe allergic reactions to them. So, what works for one person, does not work for all and I am not taking the chance.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All of you folks who want to ramrod the drug thru the system, should read about another on that was rushed thru too, in the '60s-'70s; Thalidomide; I had to go to the hospital a couple days ago for a shot that I get every 3 months for my copd, thought i was gonna get into a fist fight whith Dr. who insisted i take the shot

Other than a shortened research time, what do the two have in common? Was thalidomide an mRNA vaccine as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    All of you folks who want to ramrod the drug thru the system, should read about another on that was rushed thru too, in the '60s-'70s; Thalidomide

Agreed, it sucked. But did you know that it cured Leprosy? That is why they shut down the Hansen Center in Carville, Thalidomide wiped it out. There was a great documentary on LPB about it.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I'm not taking it either, my daughter in law is a pharmacist and I can get it anytime I want, but I'm not, don't like the mask mandate either. I did have two relative die in the past two weeks who had covid, one was 76 years old and her son in law (mid 30) died day before yesterday had covid too. Still I rather take my chances and not take the vaccine. I think the government is going to try and force us to take it if we want to travel.

Thank you Masked Man!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1tjWYEMQ70w

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I got my second shot at the VA last Friday. 9 hours after the shot I felt very tired and slept for 10 hours.

I went to the Veterinarian that I go to for discrete bullet removal today. He scanned me for a chip and found a tracking chip in my left shoulder(injection site.)

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Agreed, it sucked. But did you know that it cured Leprosy? That is why they shut down the Hansen Center in Carville, Thalidomide wiped it out. There was a great documentary on LPB about it.

I think you have your drugs wrong; checking google does not show Thalodimide every used to treat Leprosy

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    I got my second shot at the VA last Friday. 9 hours after the shot I felt very tired and slept for 10 hours.

I went to the Veterinarian that I go to for discrete bullet removal today. He scanned me for a chip and found a tracking chip in my left shoulder(injection site.)
    A bit of sarcasm? Just asking.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't like masks and I don't like vaccines with a short development time. That said, I can't stay home and I can't avoid people so I got the first shot today. It's already on the horizon that it will probably be difficult to travel if you haven't had it which raises the pressure up several notches. If I could stay home I'd probably have passed on it for a while at least.

Top Bottom