CVS - WTF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    Don't think of myself as pro or anti vax. I just weighed the odds and waited about 3 months for the shots to be out before taking one.
    Got my second shot on Monday and had no ill effects other then a sore arm. Still have a second Shingrix shot to take and the pneumonia vaccine after that to get.

I don't want any part of shingles and I think the other is just makes good sense. The only vaccine I didn't take is the one that gives you the scar on your upper arm. As a kid I was allergic to some of the ingredients but I appreciate all the others who took it to rid us of small pox!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It's irrelevant. He has not established a connection in how the chemicals interact with the body so any similarity in the length of time each was researched is strictly coincidental at this point. It's called a false equivalence. It's like claiming you would be a great formula one driver because you own a boat and they both have steering wheels. You're just ignoring the fact that they both behave quite different.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I'm 69 and I got both of my shots, and I wear a mask. Not taking any chances on what years I have left. I've personally seen some pretty horrible things that covid can do to someone.
    My body, my choice. JMHO

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I got mine. Like others said, I’ve had many vaccines. With the rush in which these were developed I do understand that young people would want to wait until more time passes for issues to arise since covid be probably won’t be bad for them.
    It seems to me the gov is telling healthy young people the chance is lower by making obese and smokers next! Maybe reward poor behaviors??

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    I had my first shot last week . My Mom died from Covid related Pneumonia last November . Ya'll do what you want .

Sorry to hear that sir. My ex mother in law died from a stroke after recieving the covid vaccine. Damned if we do, damned if we dont. I am not taking the chance of having this foreign substance injected into my body.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    It's irrelevant. He has not established a connection in how the chemicals interact with the body so any similarity in the length of time each was researched is strictly coincidental at this point. It's called a false equivalence. It's like claiming you would be a great formula one driver because you own a boat and they both have steering wheels. You're just ignoring the fact that they both behave quite different.

If you read what I quoted I was only replying that the poster's assertion that Thalimide treated leprosy was correct not how relevant the fact was to the argument that was going on.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    All I can tell yall is because of Thalidomde, I only had a daugther for 3 days;;;; on another note, tho, I suppose none of yall are gonna give up your guns when ordered to do so huh, i mean its easier than wearing a mask and having to get shots for a diesease with a 98% survivability rate

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Yep, for measles, mumps, chicken pox, polio, and a bunch of others at a younger age. Now at my age I get to make the choices regardless if I am correct or wrong. Choice, my choice. Just like others have their choice.

I agree . I was just trying to understand your logic . Carry on .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I see irk in the medical field. Doesn’t mean I know everything, doesn’t mean I only think one way. I wanted to wait. The vaccine is not approved by the FDA and the big pharm companies are not being held accountable for any problems.
    Fast forward to last month. A friend my age who was an avid tennis player and in a great overall state of health got covid. He went down fast and eventually succumbed and is gone. He did everything except receive the vaccine. He got the virus and it killed him. A man with zero co morbidity. I got my first injection when I got word he was sick. I’m now fully vaccinated. There’s no real telling whether or not it’ll keep me safe but I did something. I did the one thing that has any sort of promise.

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    I see irk in the medical field. Doesn’t mean I know everything, doesn’t mean I only think one way. I wanted to wait. The vaccine is not approved by the FDA and the big pharm companies are not being held accountable for any problems.
    Fast forward to last month. A friend my age who was an avid tennis player and in a great overall state of health got covid. He went down fast and eventually succumbed and is gone. He did everything except receive the vaccine. He got the virus and it killed him. A man with zero co morbidity. I got my first injection when I got word he was sick. I’m now fully vaccinated. There’s no real telling whether or not it’ll keep me safe but I did something. I did the one thing that has any sort of promise.

I can understand that sir but what is your medical training that makes you think you are correct? I am not saying you are incorrect but please explain why you think you are correct or the rest of us that refuse to take the vaccine are incorrect. I have no medical training but rely on my doctor's advice since he has a medical degree. Maybe he is just a quack? He advised me not to take the vaccine but I had already decided not to take it before his recommendation. Thanks!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don’t usually do vaccines (flu), but mostly due to laziness and not some stance. Got my Covid vaccine. No side effects.

My wife is a nurse and I get first hand stories on how bad Covid can be for people. That means more to me than conspiracy theories and 8th hand info on social media. Got the vaccine first chance I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roll_tide

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Pineville, LA.
    Here is a conspiracy theory for you. ;)

Attachments

• nazi.jpg
      nazi.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 53