Daisy Avanti 853

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    My step-son is on the JROTC air gun team at his high school. We are looking for a Daisy Avanti 853 to purchase so he can practice his 10meter airgun course at the house, as the team only trains once a week. Any info on the gun and/or where I may be able to purchase on in the NOLA, St Tammany area would be great.

Thanks.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Civilian Marksmanship program. http://www.odcmp.com/Programs/JrRifles.htm

Most ROTC units use a slightly modified model that uses a 5 rnd "clip". The used & refurbished 853's for $75 is a great deal to start off with. We purchased about 10 of them for our local 4-H Shooting Sports Club and they were all in excellent competitive condition. If he is serious about competing and practicing more than once a week I'd suggest M888 or similar model which allows the shooter to stay in position. The 853 requires them to get out each time to **** the charging handle.

The used 853 is for junior programs so he should be able to get one through his local JROTC unit if you go that route. If not, send me a PM.

I also suggest building a "silent" trap if he is going to use it in the house. DIY plans are available on the net.

I would also like to suggest you get him involved with Mr. Z's High Power Junior Program.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Civilian Marksmanship program. http://www.odcmp.com/Programs/JrRifles.htm

Most ROTC units use a slightly modified model that uses a 5 rnd "clip". The used & refurbished 853's for $75 is a great deal to start off with. We purchased about 10 of them for our local 4-H Shooting Sports Club and they were all in excellent competitive condition. If he is serious about competing and practicing more than once a week I'd suggest M888 or similar model which allows the shooter to stay in position. The 853 requires them to get out each time to **** the charging handle.

The used 853 is for junior programs so he should be able to get one through his local JROTC unit if you go that route. If not, send me a PM.

I also suggest building a "silent" trap if he is going to use it in the house. DIY plans are available on the net.

I would also like to suggest you get him involved with Mr. Z's High Power Junior Program.

I am sending off my forms to CMP today to purchase a Daisy Avanti 888. My daughter shoots witht he EBR 4H Shooting Sports. She didn't like the 853 because of having to kock the charging handle each time while in position.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom