Daniel Defense gets sued over Uvalde school shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "Several Uvalde families are suing Daniel Defense, the gun company whose AR-15 style rifle an 18-year-old gunman used to kill 19 children and two teachers and injure several others at Robb Elementary two years ago, lawyers said.

The family members of victims Friday also filed a separate lawsuit against California-based companies Meta — the parent company of Instagram and Facebook — and Activision, whose best-selling video game Call of Duty features Daniel Defense guns."

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Why not the ammo manufacturer, vehicle used to get there, clothing maker, any pharma he was on, every responding LEO, the door lock maker, the teacher that left the door open, the condom manufacturer because it obviously failed,…we live in a crazy fallen world full of creatures that can’t accept any form of responsibility and have a scapegoat for every issue. This will end in DD paying just like Remington did. Somehow I believe the social media will go unscathed.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why not the ammo manufacturer, vehicle used to get there, clothing maker, any pharma he was on, every responding LEO, the door lock maker, the teacher that left the door open, the condom manufacturer because it obviously failed,…we live in a crazy fallen world full of creatures that can’t accept any form of responsibility and have a scapegoat for every issue. This will end in DD paying just like Remington did. Somehow I believe the social media will go unscathed.

The suit is targeting the companies they claim were marketing their products in a negligent way.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I highly doubt DD markets their weapons as a tool to commit mass murder. Just like Exxon doesn’t advertise gasoline to commit arson. This is madness.

I don't agree with it but there's already been a legal precident for it.

"The civil court case in Connecticut focused on how the firearm used by the Newtown shooter - a Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle - was marketed, alleging it targeted younger, at-risk males in marketing and product placement in violent video games. In one of Remington's ads, it features the rifle against a plain backdrop and the phrase: "Consider Your Man Card Reissued.'"

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Insane - the regression of this country is astounding! I think it is time for a real gut check -- We need to reorganize this place.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I hear ya, they are not as easy a target as Remington. The Remington settlement happened mainly because they were in bankruptcy.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah, Shakespeare may have been on to something.
    That has always been quoted out of context. In that play it was the words of a tyrant who wanted to get rid of the lawyers so that he couldn't be challenged in court.
    Just imagine what would happen if we didn't have lawyers to challenge Anti-Gun laws?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That has always been quoted out of context. In that play it was the words of a tyrant who wanted to get rid of the lawyers so that he couldn't be challenged in court.
    Just imagine what would happen if we didn't have lawyers to challenge Anti-Gun laws?
    Yet the idea came from the writer, so not really. I’ve heard that side and always laughed about that. I’m betting a lawyer came up with that argument…
    Yeah, I know, good and bad apples. It’s always about the apples.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yet the idea came from the writer, so not really. I’ve heard that side and always laughed about that. I’m betting a lawyer came up with that argument…
    Yeah, I know, good and bad apples. It’s always about the apples.
    So basically you have never seen or read Henry the VI? It actually helps a little to know something about the play that you are attempting to qoute. Just saying!
    Here's a cheat sheet for you:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Koskoff Koskoff and Bieder are ambulance chasing scum who give the legal profession a very bad name. Lots of people are giving them bad reviews on Google. Their rating is now down to 2.9 from 3.0 after someone here left them a 1 star rating......

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    We need "Loser pays" with civil suits. People can sue anybody for anything, and in most cases they are hoping for a quick payday to just "go away". If they had to pay all attorney fees, court costs, etc if they lose, these frivolous lawsuits would never happen, and these money grubbing lawyers would go back under the rock they were hiding under before.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I feel the judges are to blame. They allowed people to sue themselves over hitting a golf ball into a tree and then their own head. They let people sue McDonalds over coffee temperature. They should have thrown those cases out, fined the people for being a-holes, and disbarred the lawyers that were involved. But no, they allowed precedents to be set and here we are.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Then there are women who should sue Barry White (among others) for making music that may have contributed to those women getting pregnant.

I can already feel my estrogen increasing. LOL

I'm going to sue Isaac Hayes for personal injury.
    Dipping body parts in salty chocolate is painful and leaves burns, no matter how delicious they become.

Top Bottom