Daniel Defense gets sued over Uvalde school shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Anybody can sue anybody anytime they feel like it..... Problem is finding the correct lawyer / finding a judge that will allow the suit to go forward / finding a jury that will hear the lawsuit no matter how silly it might be / and collection if any damages awarded... Sometimes the only winners are the lawyers.. ....... .................................................... drill sgt.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The American Bar Association is easily in the top 5 lobby groups(the NRA isn't even in the top 10.) They have fought Tort Reform for decades. They are vastly more powerful than the entire gun lobby combined.
    This Lawfare is the unfortunate result of court defeats for gun control and a litigation lobby that lines it's pockets at the Nation's expense.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anybody can sue anybody anytime they feel like it..... Problem is finding the correct lawyer / finding a judge that will allow the suit to go forward / finding a jury that will hear the lawsuit no matter how silly it might be / and collection if any damages awarded... Sometimes the only winners are the lawyers.. ....... .................................................... drill sgt.

I believe they're suing DD in Texas and Instagram and Activision in California.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The American Bar Association is easily in the top 5 lobby groups(the NRA isn't even in the top 10.) They have fought Tort Reform for decades. They are vastly more powerful than the entire gun lobby combined.
    This Lawfare is the unfortunate result of court defeats for gun control and a litigation lobby that lines it's pockets at the Nation's expense.
    Probably doesn't hurt that most elected officials are lawyers, either...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So basically you have never seen or read Henry the VI? It actually helps a little to know something about the play that you are attempting to qoute. Just saying!
    Here's a cheat sheet for you:
    Yeah yeah, “the first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers”.
    Thanks for assuming I never read it. It was actually required reading for me in the 80’s in high school. Seems like you’ve interjected someone else’s view of the line here and completely missed that ol’ Will might have been having a bit of fun. He envisioned the character who said it. Putting words in another’s mouth is a great way to say something without feeling the repercussions of those opposed. Anyway, I don’t think this is so much about any strong convictions you have about the interpretation of a literary piece as much as it is you touting some trivia. If you feel like Shakespeare just threw it out there without a thought or any connotation, maybe you’re not the fan you thought you were? Just sayin’

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Yeah yeah, “the first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers”.
    Thanks for assuming I never read it. It was actually required reading for me in the 80’s in high school. Seems like you’ve interjected someone else’s view of the line here and completely missed that ol’ Will might have been having a bit of fun. He envisioned the character who said it. Putting words in another’s mouth is a great way to say something without feeling the repercussions of those opposed. Anyway, I don’t think this is so much about any strong convictions you have about the interpretation of a literary piece as much as it is you touting some trivia. If you feel like Shakespeare just threw it out there without a thought or any connotation, maybe you’re not the fan you thought you were? Just sayin’
    That's the response you should have given the first time. So after your charification, we simply disagree on the interpretation of it. Ok, I assumed that you never read nor studied the play. You in turn decided to make your stated assumptions about myself. Fair enough, our respective observations are different.
    I at least hope we can agree that greedy tort lawyers are the worst kind.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I’m glad my layers are honest & trustworthy.
    99EE4AD2-873C-410E-B8B0-6E631BF44CDF.jpeg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That's the response you should have given the first time. So after your charification, we simply disagree on the interpretation of it. Ok, I assumed that you never read nor studied the play. You in turn decided to make your stated assumptions about myself. Fair enough, our respective observations are different.
    I at least hope we can agree that greedy tort lawyers are the worst kind.
    Haha! And here I thought I could just keep things simple.
    It’s all good here bro!
    I definitely share the disdain for ambulance chasers, but retain a strong hate for a certain divorce attorney…. Who I shall not name.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I get the impression that a number of people just don't understand the lawsuit. I don't agree with it but I understand what their argument is.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I get the impression that a number of people just don't understand the lawsuit. I don't agree with it but I understand what their argument is.
    I understand how retarded it is to say that a teen was given military training in a video game. Absolutely no military training is needed to shoot unarmed women and children and that kind of shooting can easily performed with any handguns and enough magazines or a shotgun/lever-action rifle and enough rounds to top off the tube. Those retarded ambulance chasers at Koskoff Koskoff and Bieder have no military service and it shows.
    You deployed to a theater of operations, so you already know this

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I understand how retarded it is to say that a teen was given military training in a video game. Absolutely no military training is needed to shoot unarmed women and children and that kind of shooting can easily performed with any handguns and enough magazines or a shotgun/lever-action rifle and enough rounds to top off the tube. Those retarded ambulance chasers at Koskoff Koskoff and Bieder have no military service and it shows.
    You deployed to a theater of operations, so you already know this

I agree, the lawsuit should be thrown out. I grew up on Wile E Coyote and the Road Runner. Yet I've never tried to drop an anvil on someone.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    They sued both Facebook and Activision(maker of Call of Duty) in California.

As well they should have! There are actually folks (beyond this forum) that have a thorough understanding of the "gaming" industry. Those that would dismiss the culpabillity of specific miltary based video "games" (stacked up in here like cord wood) are simply uninformed, opinionated bystanders watching something they cannot (or will not) understand.

Fact: DARPA taps "game" developers for their AI algorithms to create imbalance in DoD simulated war games - the disruption is used to train soldiers for real-world battle. AI is used to break predictable patterns in a game (war scenario), then the disruption AI is applied to a second game. The two-game approach is designed to validate that an AI methodology can be extended beyond a single video game and could potentially be applied to advanced DoD wargaming scenarios.

Fact: All the major "players are in the game" -Northrop-Grumman, Lockheed-Martin, EpiSci, Blue Wave, on and on.

Check out AlphaDogFight trials.

Bottom line -there's likely an intensive and specific training session (of some sort, LOL) going on in your kid's bedroom (or yours, God help you) and you payed good money for it.

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    I

I understand it and I agree with it. Way past time for folks to get their head's out of their asses and get back to simple accountability. If people insist on staying stupid, quoting from cartoons and Atari themes, that's gonna come with massive consequences.

"Shall not be infringed" is being attacked as much by the stupid arrogant as it is by the degreed liberal.

That I remain here is a sure sign of my own stupidity -curiousity and the cat ...damnit.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As well they should have! There are actually folks (beyond this forum) that have a thorough understanding of the "gaming" industry. Those that would dismiss the culpabillity of specific miltary based video "games" (stacked up in here like cord wood) are simply uninformed, opinionated bystanders watching something they cannot (or will not) understand.

Fact: DARPA taps "game" developers for their AI algorithms to create imbalance in DoD simulated war games - the disruption is used to train soldiers for real-world battle. AI is used to break predictable patterns in a game (war scenario), then the disruption AI is applied to a second game. The two-game approach is designed to validate that an AI methodology can be extended beyond a single video game and could potentially be applied to advanced DoD wargaming scenarios.

Fact: All the major "players are in the game" -Northrop-Grumman, Lockheed-Martin, EpiSci, Blue Wave, on and on.

Check out AlphaDogFight trials.

Well...of course they tap game developers. It would be foolish not to. Why would you start from scratch when the game developers have already done the hard part?

Bottom line -there's likely an intensive and specific training session (of some sort, LOL) going on in your kid's bedroom (or yours, God help you) and you payed good money for it.

You forgot to post the link between the facts and the bottom line. Boeing makes the 737 Max. They also make the C-17 Globemaster. But it would be a stretch to say that someone training to fly the 737 Max is actually training to fly combat missions just because Boeing does business in multiple industries.

Top Bottom