Daves gun shop raided by atf in lafayette la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    That sounds reasonable.

None of this affects any of the members here (hopefully), so this is just side bar banter for the most part.

I have only seen the owner’s wife’s posts and figured there was more to it.

Thank you for understanding. There is definitely more.

I'm not meaning to come off as hateful, it's just a pain being caught in this and not able to fully explain yet. I have a friend I've known 7yrs act like he didn't want to speak to me because of rumors and speculation that's been flying. Kinda gets to you ya know?:confused:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thank you for understanding. There is definitely more.

I'm not meaning to come off as hateful, it's just a pain being caught in this and not able to fully explain yet. I have a friend I've known 7yrs act like he didn't want to speak to me because of rumors and speculation that's been flying. Kinda gets to you ya know?:confused:

I know what you mean. I'm all for hearing the whole truth. As others have stated (including a member here that I know is a knowledgeable FFL), the ATF doesn't just show up to say hello.

I figured there was more to it from the start. When she made a few comments publicly saying "I think we know," that means she's speculating. To be honest, I'm surprised she posted anything on social media at all. This isn't something I would want to publicize until all the facts are out anyway.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yes, I am one of the "two employees " they are talking about, so I do infact know the whole story and believe me they aren't telling it. So with all due respect, take what they post with a grain of salt at this point.

I am beyond tired of them messaging friends asking information on me and the other employee, as well as the rumors being spread.

One of our good customers seen this thread and contacted me because they didn't know about the raid yet. I haven't seen it because I stay in the Market place. I've met more than a few of the members and have never had a bad encounter.

He is a member here and when he reads this, he can verify I am one of the employees.

I HAVE seen the warrant. I held and read the warrant. I am the one that had to open the shop, turn off the alarm, and give them access to the 4473s. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with finding out who owns what. They were confiscated for other reasons.

This is all information the owner knows and has been telling everyone anyways. Hell he sent us a picture of us with the ATF in the shop (and I happen to be reading the warrant) and has posted it elsewhere from friends calling us about it.

Just be patient. PLEASE don't jump to conclusions, bash the ATF agents, start speculation that we (employees) were at fault or doing any illegal activities. That helps no one involved.
    This is not ATF "cowboys" or them doing what they want as others have said.

There ARE reasons. They WILL come out.

And yep, when everything is made public by both parties, I will happily discuss anything or answer any questions.

Well that's certainty reassuring all the 4473s were seized for other reasons and won't be entered into the National gun data base that doesn't exist and everything...................

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Well that's certainty reassuring all the 4473s were seized for other reasons and won't be entered into the National gun data base that doesn't exist and everything...................

You do realize every 4473 goes back to the ATF when a dealer closes or doesn't renew their license right?

At any time the ATF or FBI NICS tracing center can come and look at any 4473 they want without a warrant right?

Trust me, they could careless Pamela bought a Jennings 22 or you bought a Hi-Point 3 years ago.

The only time they care is if you are blatantly breaking the law or if they need to trace a firearm that was used in a crime or stolen.

The local ATF agents and workers in Lafayette have a great reputation with dealers. They are some great people and have yet to hear one FFL dealer bad mouth any of them...and I know a good deal of the FFL dealers.

They laugh at ATF meme and jokes just like we do. All of our dogs are still alive and they even laughed when we thanked them.

They aren't out for you.

I've always been leary of the alphabet boys, but I honestly trust one particular agent that's at the Lafayette office and I can say that they went out of their way to be open and honest with us from the get go.

Your experience may vary.:)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You do realize every 4473 goes back to the ATF when a dealer closes or doesn't renew their license right?

At any time the ATF or FBI NICS tracing center can come and look at any 4473 they want without a warrant right?

Trust me, they could careless Pamela bought a Jennings 22 or you bought a Hi-Point 3 years ago.

The only time they care is if you are blatantly breaking the law or if they need to trace a firearm that was used in a crime or stolen.

The local ATF agents and workers in Lafayette have a great reputation with dealers. They are some great people and have yet to hear one FFL dealer bad mouth any of them...and I know a good deal of the FFL dealers.

They laugh at ATF meme and jokes just like we do. All of our dogs are still alive and they even laughed when we thanked them.

They aren't out for you.

I've always been leary of the alphabet boys, but I honestly trust one particular agent that's at the Lafayette office and I can say that they went out of their way to be open and honest with us from the get go.

Glad your dogs made it. The majority of the ones spouting the rhetoric have never seen an ATF agent let alone had a conversation with one. It just feels cool to bash them I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah man, The only FFL holder I know says if he has time before he croaks that he's having a big bon-fire of 4473's, After all he's going to be dead?

There once was an Indian who felt sorry for the rattlesnake outside in the freezing weather, He brought the snake inside to save him from certain death.

The snake warmed up and then bite the Indian.

As the Indian lay dying he asked the snake, Why did you bite me after I carried you inside to warm up?

The snake replied, You knew what I was when you picked me up.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

They aren't out for you.

I too work at a shop. I agree with this.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went in about a year ago to see what they would offer for a few guns. I had a psl, a model a uzi carbine, 2 ak 47's, a desert eagle, along with a few baby eagles and a few other things. They offered me 700 for everything. I said no thank you and left with everything never to return. I know they need to make a profit but the offer was so low ball that it was offending.
    Wow, that is ridiculous. Can't say I'm surprised. I don't know if that's typical of local gun shops or gun shops in general, but it seems to be. Even at Louisiana Gun and Reloading, a local business I've TRIED to support, that doesn't seem to want it. I've brought in quality weapons several times to be traded in or bought, and every single time I get low balled like nobody's business. It is a bit offensive, especially how low they go and I'm offering ammo with it, during an ammo crisis when they literally have none themselves in stock and it's clearly
    a mint piece. Not sure what the deal is there.

Reminded me of when I was a kid bringing games to Game Stop and getting offered $2 or $10 store credit for a game that is $60. One that you know good and well they are gonna take and sell for the highest possible price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Wow, that is ridiculous. Can't say I'm surprised. I don't know if that's typical of local gun shops or gun shops in general, but it seems to be. Even at Louisiana Gun and Reloading, a local business I've TRIED to support, that doesn't seem to want it. I've brought in quality weapons several times to be traded in or bought, and every single time I get low balled like nobody's business. It is a bit offensive, especially how low they go and I'm offering ammo with it, during an ammo crisis when they literally have none themselves in stock and it's clearly
    a mint piece. Not sure what the deal is there.

Reminded me of when I was a kid bringing games to Game Stop and getting offered $2 or $10 store credit for a game that is $60. One that you know good and well they are gonna take and sell for the highest possible price.

Sell your firearms here where many are asking far above new retail for their used firearms.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah man, The only FFL holder I know says if he has time before he croaks that he's having a big bon-fire of 4473's, After all he's going to be dead?

There once was an Indian who felt sorry for the rattlesnake outside in the freezing weather, He brought the snake inside to save him from certain death.

The snake warmed up and then bite the Indian.

As the Indian lay dying he asked the snake, Why did you bite me after I carried you inside to warm up?

The snake replied, You knew what I was when you picked me up.
    Natural Born Killers. Great movie.

I keep seeing a theme here about bashing the ATF.
    I guess I’m just a basher. I don’t get confused between an agent in particular and the agency that’s doing it’s best to outlaw a large portion of my gun collection. I’m not confused about what they’re doing and I haven’t forgotten what they’ve done. Ya know what? I don’t care for the IRS either. Ya won’t catch me buddying up to them around April 15th.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

I guess I’m just a basher. I don’t get confused between an agent in particular and the agency that’s doing it’s best to outlaw a large portion of my gun collection. I’m not confused about what they’re doing and I haven’t forgotten what they’ve done. Ya know what? I don’t care for the IRS either. Ya won’t catch me buddying up to them around April 15th.

Are you referring to the agency that, just last year, recommended removing silencers from the NFA?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

That's right you mean basher dude type person,

You better suck up to theses ABC boyzs and hope for a reach around while they are breaking it off in the azz with no Vaseline...But...but...they were such a sweetheart of a guy ???

Just doing my job Wally, Enjoy you're stay at FCF in Beaumont

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Games were $60 when you were a kid? That is today’s price for a new game.

Top Bottom