Dead Deer Walkin ...........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    My appologies if someone has already posted this pic taken by someones game camera.

image001.jpg

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    that is awesome!

awesome awesome awesome!

I hope cougars make a comeback across the US...

Not Human Cougars...those are everywhere. :D

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Verm,
    That is really so cool I think I need to show my cat. He is pretty mall ninja as cats go. He needs to see what a real feline operator is all about. Oh he's all bad when the mouse is fake. If he ever has a real encounter he will not be able to revert to any training.
    Later,
    RDO

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    a ***** like that is easy to tame.

My cousin owned one...or should I say it owned him? 68 stitches in his forearms from an accident when playing with it. Was really sweet, but just too damned powerful for human skin to tolerate roughhousing.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    a ***** like that is easy to tame.

My cousin owned one...or should I say it owned him? 68 stitches in his forearms from an accident when playing with it. Was really sweet, but just too damned powerful for human skin to tolerate roughhousing.

I have a brother & 2 sisters. They all have pics of them in a cage with tigers.
    No pics of me in with the tigers.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have never seen pics from a game camera. Seems like a lot of light.
    I wonder why the date is blurry?

Pretty sure a cat would not need to get that close to make its move.

Skepticism is starting for me.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If I ever get the farm I've been dreaming about I may just have a few acres set aside to rescue a special big cat or two.

I hope to be so blessed one day, to at least have the farm I want. hehe

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I have never seen pics from a game camera. Seems like a lot of light.
    I wonder why the date is blurry?

Pretty sure a cat would not need to get that close to make its move.

Skepticism is starting for me.

Most game cameras are high lux and have a flash. That pic looks just like some pics from mine (sans cat). You have to take into consideration that it was dark until the camera went off. That said, it could still be a fake, but I don't think so. I have a nose for photoshop alterations (photochopped) and used to be very good at it myself. I don't see the tell tale signs ont his one, but I could be wrong.

I have always wondered how the deer react after the flash.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Most game cameras are high lux and have a flash. That pic looks just like some pics from mine (sans cat). You have to take into consideration that it was dark until the camera went off. That said, it could still be a fake, but I don't think so. I have a nose for photoshop alterations (photochopped) and used to be very good at it myself. I don't see the tell tale signs ont his one, but I could be wrong.

I have always wondered how the deer react after the flash.

It does not look photo chopped to me either.
    I was thinking some took 2 mounted specimens out in the woods . . .
    Finding 2 specimens in the right poses might be prohibitive.
    Animals do thing that aren't in keeping with what us humans think is normal for them. I'm no wildlife expert.

I keep forgetting to send it to my brother. (and my cat) He has some big cat experience.
    It's a cool photo either way.
    Thanks for posting it.

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    Someone hopes Cougars come back?? Im guessing the poster has never spent time in any of the western states, perhaps a nice trip to the Eldorado National forest with your family tent camping would change your mind,lol. Mountain Lions have made a huge comeback to dangerous levels in many western states, At my ranch in Colorado, we shoot when we see them, game warden or not. I have personally been hired to hunt down trouble cougars and can tell you, until you are faced with a 200+lb predator whos hunting you while ur hunting him, in a dense area, you can hear him and smell him and cant see him, then youll change your mind about wanting a bunch of those around when your 5yr old is playing in the backyard. Do a search on the number of attacks in the US just in the last 5yrs.

2007-24 January. Hiking in Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park sometime before 3:00 p.m. in Humbolt County 50 miles north of Eureka in Orick, California, 70-year-old Jim Hamm was attacked by a cougar, apparently as it crept up from behind. The Fortuna, California, man was accompanied by his 65-year-old wife Nell. Both were reported as under 5'6".

According to supervising Ranger Maury Morningstar, "The wife said she didn't see the lion until she heard her husband, and when she turned around, the lion was attacking her husband."

Nell Hamm said she first saw the lion when it had her husband's head in its jaws. The lion pounced on Jim Hamm near the end of a 10-mile hike. He was trailing his wife when the big cat attacked, pinning him face down on the trail. He didn't scream, Nell said. "It was a different, horrible plea for help, and I turned around, and by then the cat had wrestled Jim to the ground."

Nell Hamm did all the right things. She approached and screamed at the lion. Then she grabbed a 4-inch-wide log and began beating it on its back. "It wouldn't let go, no matter how hard I hit it," she said.

While Jim was trying to tear at the face of the cat, Nell says, "Jim was talking to me all through this, and he said, 'I've got a pen in my pocket. Get the pen and jab him in the eye.'" "So I got the pen and tried to put it in his eye, but it didn't want to go in as easy as I thought it would." When the pen bent and became useless, Nell Hamm went back to using the log. "That lion never flinched," she said. "I just knew it was going to kill him."

Finally, Nell slammed the log butt-end into the cat's snout. The lion had ignored her until then. At last, she had its attention. With blood on it's snout from her blow, the lion let go, stepped back, an stood glaring at her with its ears pinned back. "I thought he was going to attack me," she said. She continued to scream, waving the log, and then, thankfully, the cat slipped into the ferns and disappeared.

Terrified that it might come back, Hamm told her husband that he had to get up and try to walk to the Newton B. Drury Parkway, parallel to U.S. Highway 101, to find help. He was losing blood quickly. "Somehow we made it out of there," she said.

About a quarter-mile away, they came upon an inmate work crew with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. The Eureka Reporter newspaper reported this crew found the man bleeding around 4 p.m. The four men went for help. As a result, the California Department of Forestry dispatched an ambulance from Arcata, which took the couple to the Mad River Community Hospital. State Park employees also responded. Jim Hamm underwent surgery for serious lacerations to his head, legs, arms, and hands.

Just one of many attacks, sure, dont wipe them out, but regulating them is what california has found out, funny thing is, its usually the tree huggers who get attacked,lol.

Top Bottom