dealer license

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strick_1969

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    mississippi gulf coast
    how do i go about getting a firearm dealer license?
    can i do this from my home?
    can i do it without a store front?
    whats the cost?
    everywhere ive looked on the net im just finding sites that wanna charge
    you for the paperwork?
    whats the best way to go about it?
    and once you get it or apply for it will i be held under the microscope
    of the goverment forever?
    thnx any info will help.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a C&R FFL. It was ridiculously easy to get. Just fill out the form and mail it in with your credit card number.

I would like to upgrade to a dealer FFL and start doing 10 dollar transfers for everyone but I am in the same boat as you and not sure if my home would do for my business location. I might just say to hell with it and fill out the form and send it in and see who knocks on my door. The form is on the ATF website.

Let us know what you find out.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    what is a c&r ffl? whats the diff?

Curio and Relic. Its for collectable firearms and they have certain criteria. Its for collectors. Most FFL's will not ship a regular firearm to a C&R FFL. I'm not sure if that's ATF policy or not.

I am interested in doing the same but would have to have my home rezoned for a business. I could probably get it done but don't want to go through the hassle.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    If you have your FFL at your home, you are giving ATF a free warrantless search. When I had mine, I used my office. It worked out well.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Figured it out. Says I'm zoned A1. Guess I gotta figure something else out.

You can fill it an application for your home to be rezoned but there is no guarantee. One of my neighbors is on Livingston Parish counsel and he said in my case and where I live it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know how difficult it is or what's involved.

strick_1969

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    mississippi gulf coast
    yes

If you have your FFL at your home, you are giving ATF a free warrantless search. When I had mine, I used my office. It worked out well.

this is what im most affraid of. dont want them hassling me even though all my guns are legal.
    also i live out of the city in the county
    basically the country.
    im wandering what the reprocutions of filling out paperwork or even
    asking about 1
    just not sure i wanna be the gueni pig

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey man you aren't being a Guinea pig. Thousands of people have FFLs. It's doubtful they would single you out to hassle if you aren't doing anything wrong. Despite what most people think, I've had nothing but positive experiences with the ATF when dealing with all my NFA registrations and the C&R app. I wish AT&T was as easy to talk to as the ATF.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Curio and Relic. Its for collectable firearms and they have certain criteria. Its for collectors. Most FFL's will not ship a regular firearm to a C&R FFL. I'm not sure if that's ATF policy or not.

They will not ship a NON C&R firearm ( obviously ) . I have purchased C&R firearms from a
    dealer and recieved them at my home .

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Home FFLs are getting harder and harder to get but it can be done. There are several requirements though that you should look into getting.

When I done mine I ordered a kit from the guys who post on the FIRST page of nearly every Shotgun News. They send you all the forms and a very easy to understand set of guidelines to follow. It makes it easier. Not necessary though.

You will need to present your business idea to your local offices and see if they will let it fly.

strick_1969

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    mississippi gulf coast
    well im gonna take the 1st steps monday and see what happens.
    like i said i wanna do this from home!
    basically i wanna do it as a side gig,sorta like expanding my hobby and maybe
    make a lil money in the process. as im already a fulltime firefighter

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I want to say using it specifically for internet sales is a no no. You need to tell them you intend to do some local sales too, regardless of that is your primary intent. I could be wrong but I can swear I read it. I have two packets with finger print cards and etc. here, but can't push myself to drop the ball. I guess the first step would see if I could get rezoned. I was told the ATF interview when they come out doesn't go so well if you've put in an application and aren't zoned appropriately.

Top Bottom