Deer along I-10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I can't say that I have seen any deer along I-10 and I have been traveling between Kenner and B.R. everyday for the past 4 years, Now I see Gator, Raccoons, Armadillo and Opossum at least a couple time a week.

You travel there everyday. If you traveled there every night, you would see them. Take it form a nightshift worker. Big reason why I won't ride my bike to work. In fact I saw a dead one this morning eastbound by grosse tete . But the one I hit this year was in Denham on 16 south of 12 by the dollar general!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You travel there everyday. If you traveled there every night, you would see them. Take it form a nightshift worker. Big reason why I won't ride my bike to work. In fact I saw a dead one this morning eastbound by grosse tete . But the one I hit this year was in Denham on 16 south of 12 by the dollar general!

Yep!

I remember the first time I saw deer on that stretch. It was June 27, 1979 and I was on my way to the Yes "In the Round" concert at the then, Riverside Centroplex. My mom let me borrow her car and as me and my drunken buddy's passed the power line right before the Sorrento Exit, I saw 3 standing on the outside of the fence. At first I wasn't sure if I saw what I saw, but was already hooked on everything deer back then, so my eyes were always looking.

The concert was awesome too! :rockon:

Here is a sample from that particular tour: https://youtu.be/wX92QyXGdTE
    [video]https://youtu.be/wX92QyXGdTE[/video]

Last edited:

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA

Yea, I travel it early morning and late evening. Must have missed the dead one this morning.
    I go 4 year with out seeing a dear on the side the road and I make a post about it earlier today and what do I see this afternoon on my way home a deer. lol.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Yea, I travel it early morning and late evening. Must have missed the dead one this morning.
    I go 4 year with out seeing a dear on the side the road and I make a post about it earlier today and what do I see this afternoon on my way home a deer. lol.

I see them as I drive through around 10:00p.m. On my way home around 7:30 a.m., if I see one it is dead. And that is very rare, I think they are pretty good about not getting hit on that freeway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom