Deer kicks DOGS ARSE!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    F--- THAT if I'd be holding a camera watching! I might take a hoof to the head but I wouldn't sit there and watch it beat up my dog either.

On the other hand, I imagine we just saw rockmup's cat's distant cousin right there. :D

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I'd shoot all three, line the bodies up long ways pointing east and use the blood to lubricate the small gears inside my time machine.

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    The dear is just doing her job. And doing it well. It is sad to see a domesticated dog get beat up, but if it was a coyote no one would have a problem. If it was my dog I would definitely charge the dear if I had to as well though. Does anyone know if the dog survived?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    bkeach, you're right, it was a sweet little fawn and she was being a good mama. But I'd definitely wave my hands and yell.

I hope the dog lived. Bless it's heart. That was tough to watch. Amusing to see the cat get what appears to be lightly bopped, but I wish they had cut the dog footage out.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lesson: Buy Pit Bulldog, American Bulldog, Rhodesian Ridgeback, working strain Airedale, etc., etc.

Cranbrook. There's an area in the Detroit suburbs that looks like that and deer overrun Southeastern MI so it could be there.

I admire the predatory instinct in the cat but he had it coming. I thought the deer would have trampled it upon sight but mom was very patient with it; perhaps too patient.

Poor dog took an ass whoopin' didn't he? :run:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I thought the cat was being playful. If it wanted to eat the yearling, it could have attacked at the beginning.

I don't think this is a reason to buy a larger dog. I can't say I've ever seen a deer attack in my neighborhood.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The dogs listed weren't listed because they are just bigger; they have high prey drive, dominance, fight drive and in the case of ANY breed crossed with a Pit Bull, the strong will to dispatch other animals. Especially if attacked.

Check out the dogs on www.boardogs.com Why one would own overly domesticated stock when the suburbs of many cities overrun with wildlife puzzles me. A catchdog, be it a "bulldog" of American or Pit Bull variety or a mix of the two, Catahoula, Airedale or an example of the few working strain deerhounds would make a better (yet much more challenging) canine companion who won't much hesitate to throttle the life out of four-legged critters and break arms of thuggish humans at the blink of an eye if provoked.

Top Bottom