Derek Chauvin Sentence.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22.5 years for the murder of George Floyd.
    Delete if not acceptable.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The maximum sentence would have made an appeal of the sentence an easier endeavor. Despite that, there are people who feel the judge should have given the max of 30 years. They also do not understand that it was an unintentional death.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    Convicted felon drug addict dies from overdose while in police custody. Scapegoat was needed to appease violent mobs. Police officer is made a patsy and sacrificed.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Who are "they"? The charge was second-degree unintentional murder.

Democrats on the Scoot show who say they wanted 55 years and think that good time is 50% of sentence. Good time in that state is 2/3 of sentence. That means he will be eligible for supervision after 15 years.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Convicted felon drug addict dies from overdose while in police custody. Scapegoat was needed to appease violent mobs. Police officer is made a patsy and sacrificed.

Several fellow officers and the Police Chief lined up to testify against him. A firefighter and two EMTs also testified against him. He had a pattern of brutality that finally caught up with him. He should have been fired long ago. Now he is in jail instead. He was a bad cop. My friends who are still in LE agree with me on this, but are afraid to post anything on any social media due to fear of disciplinary action(the Consent Decree has made life hell in the NOPD.)

This would not have happened if he and the other officers would have put him in the unit after cuffing him. Officers make thousands of good arrests every day without obstructing airways or engaging in torture.

Last edited:

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    Several fellow officers and the Police Chief lined up to testify against him. A firefighter and two EMTs also testified against him. He had a pattern of brutality that finally caught up with him. He should have been fired long ago. Now he is in jail instead. He was a bad cop. My friends who are still in LE agree with me on this, but are afraid to post anything on any social media due to fear of disciplinary action(the Consent Decree has made life hell in the NOPD.)

This would not have happened if he and the other officers would have put him in the unit after cuffing him. Officers make thousands of good arrests every day without obstructing airways or engaging in torture.

Exactly. At some point we need to start doing more than slapping officer's wrists for a bad arrest (as in causing unwarranted harm or death) They had 3 to 4 officers and he was in handcuffs, you are telling me they couldn't all carry him and throw him in the back?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    He will most likely be a lonely man for the next 15 years maybe longer if he's denied his first parole hearing.

A LEO in prison will receive much more "Attention" than they want or need if they are in "General Population"

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Scoot is a liberal scumbag.

Tommy Tucker and those fools that come on before Newell aren’t much better.

The real kicker was that Scoot was trying his best to explain to those idiot Democrats that the maximum sentence would have been 30 years(not 55 years) and that good time would be 15 years; not 10 years. I do not know where those idiots get the idea that good time is 50% of sentence.
    Many Democrats did not even bother to watch any of the trial or read about it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    A LEO in prison will receive much more "Attention" than they want or need if they are in "General Population"
    You really think they would let him go to general population even if he was dumb enough to request it? I would think with the publicity following this he has no choice but to be in protective custody

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You really think they would let him go to general population even if he was dumb enough to request it? I would think with the publicity following this he has no choice but to be in protective custody

Anything is possible.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Democrats on the Scoot show who say they wanted 55 years and think that good time is 50% of sentence. Good time in that state is 2/3 of sentence. That means he will be eligible for supervision after 15 years.

Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill sentenced Chauvin to 22 1/2 years in prison for the murder of Floyd, whose death in police custody in May 2020 sparked nationwide protests against racial injustice and police brutality.

Under Minnesota law, Chauvin will need to serve one-third of his sentence before he is eligible for supervised release.

He has already served 1 year so he will be eligible for parole in 6.5 years.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

That’s my take on it. I think after all the video and evidence came out he lost the support because that thin blue line is just gonna keep getting thinner in this day and age. If limited qualified immunity goes away I don’t believe many LEO’s will blindly back any officer’s actions. Regardless, we will definitely get to keep watching all these bad arrest/bad raid/bad shoot videos because there are cameras everywhere now. Pretty soon there will be no alternative for any on duty LEO but to wear a body cam and so far there’s no way around releasing body cam video when called for. Any attempt to cover up is usually apparent and doesn’t help the LEO’s case. Interesting times.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill sentenced Chauvin to 22 1/2 years in prison for the murder of Floyd, whose death in police custody in May 2020 sparked nationwide protests against racial injustice and police brutality.

Under Minnesota law, Chauvin will need to serve one-third of his sentence before he is eligible for supervised release.

Well that sounds better for him,I thought it was 2/3 time served before parole hearing.If only a 1/3 before parole if granted on first try not looking as bad for him.
    What Chavin did was wrong,but i do not feel he killed career criminal George Floyd.The man was going to die without Chavins actions from a drug overdose not all will believe that,but i do.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

You are referring to parole. I was talking about time off for good behavior. Good time is 2/3 of sentence. He would still be on supervision after 15.5 years if he makes good time.
    When he gets his first parole hearing at 6.5 years, the family and activists will be at the hearing. Don’t count on him making parole at 6.5 years.

Last edited:

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA

Can't say I give much thought to dead career criminals and junkies.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There are good employee's and bad employee's in every field. Most jobs, if someone is targeted as an unsafe worker or a worker who will cost the "company" money in the long run with bad practices, continual mistakes or blatant disregard for others would be let go. If Chauvin was so bad at his job why would he still be doing it? Are there positions Chauvin should have been put in if he was not good at being on the front line?

I still do not believe Chauvin woke up that morning intending to murder, slaughter or accidentally kill anyone, (I believe) he thought he would have to protect himself, the community and fellow officers while walking the line between chaos and civility. Floyd on the other hand (I believe) woke up that morning thinking of his next high and WHATEVER it takes to get it without a second thought of who it would affect including himself.

We should be living in a country who goes by Law and Order. If you break laws you should pay the price for it. Most of us believe this, but there are some who do not care and are willing to do whatever they want to please themselves with disregard for Law and Order and therefore willingly open themselves to the consequences. Sometimes the consequences do not equal the crime, but once you willingly commit to breaking the law sometimes things escalate. You continue to make things worse as you willingly escalate any situation. #1 rule when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Top Bottom