Diamond shooting range on Choctaw?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I went to diamond today.

Upon first inspection when driving up it does not look like the nicest place in the world, but its not like I was going to have a nice dinner, I was going to shoot a gun. The check in process was quick and Troy was nice. He did copy my license, but he ended up using that on my membership card. When I was on the range, I was the only one shooting, which was very nice. The range was very clean, not nearly as much clutter or brass on the floor as precision usually has. I didn't have to worry about those with less than safe range manners. I was satisfied enough to pay for the $100 membership, and I will probably add my wife for $75. I will still go to precision when I am in the area, but you can't beat $100 a year to shoot.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I was satisfied enough to pay for the $100 membership, and I will probably add my wife for $75. I will still go to precision when I am in the area, but you can't beat $100 a year to shoot.
    Their website says it $125 for a years membership.
    What did you do to get that $25 knocked off the priced?

:)

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Troy is a good guy. Very ambitious business owner. He bought all of his electrical supplies from me when he took over the range last year since my place of business is a mile down the street.

As for Will, he tried to photocopy my credit cards so i could be "qualified" to be a member to be allowed to shoot there. Wouldn't give me an option to shoot for a daily rate or anything, just wanted my credit card. I walked out and happened to notice all the hoodlums hanging around with gold teeth and saggy pants. Never went back until Troy took it over and cleaned the place up. Troy is actually a cousin of one of my employees, so i have gotten to go shoot free a few times in there.

Last time i was in there, his ventilation system wasn't working. Not sure if he got it fixed or not, but if range is crowded, bring a gas mask...gets a bit toxic in there.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    As for Will, he tried to photocopy my credit cards so i could be "qualified" to be a member to be allowed to shoot there. Wouldn't give me an option to shoot for a daily rate or anything, just wanted my credit card. I walked out and happened to notice all the hoodlums hanging around with gold teeth and saggy pants. Never went back until Troy took it over and cleaned the place up. Troy is actually a cousin of one of my employees, so i have gotten to go shoot free a few times in there.
    It was to cut down on the local thugs/wannabe thugs.
    http://bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73&highlight=redstick&page=2

:)

Last edited:

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    Troy is a good guy. Very ambitious business owner. He bought all of his electrical supplies from me when he took over the range last year since my place of business is a mile down the street.

Last time i was in there, his ventilation system wasn't working. Not sure if he got it fixed or not, but if range is crowded, bring a gas mask...gets a bit toxic in there.

I also was allowed to shoot for free about 4 out of the 6 times I shot there. I was also given free targets. And I had only met him that month. I actually felt bad and asked him how he pays his bills. He told me he makes most of it from his classes. Which range from CCHP, to first aid and security. So i didn't feel bad anymore and continued to shoot. If you catch the range at the right time you can bump all you want and he won't care.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I visited Troy about 1.5 months ago and he was simultaneously ambitious, very knowledgeable and very professional. I'll certainly spend my time there. Unfortunately, I've not had the opportunity to get around and use the range but that will change shortly.

BlackDogExpress

Infrequent Posting Oldie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Diamond Training Center

It was the current owner's philosophy, as stated on his old website, that got my brother's interest when he was looking for new ranges in and around BR one day. He forwarded me the link and we decided to check it out. Troy immediately demonstrated himself to be a very nice, very knowledgeable, and very professional gentleman. We had previously written the place off due to the meth lab vibe and rude trashy attitude we had gotten in the building before.

This is his Philosophy page, same text, on his new website: http://www.diamondtrainingcenter.net/Philosophy.aspx

mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Does Troy still run Diamond? The last time I was in there, there was someone new behind the counter and most of the lanes were closed due to busted target hangers.

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Does Troy still run Diamond? The last time I was in there, there was someone new behind the counter and most of the lanes were closed due to busted target hangers.

We went to Diamond this weekend. The wife & I had a great time. There were blacks and whites shooting; everyone being friendly and helpful, admiring each others firearms... It was a great atmosphere. The owner doesn't pretend to be God's gift to gun ownership like at another range in Baton Rouge. Most lanes were occupied and when someone needed to change a target, everyone was cooperative and moved away from the line to the table in the rear.

BlackDogExpress

Infrequent Posting Oldie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see my Google stumbling led me to an old thread. :doh: My recommendation still stands. For anyone who is looking for a good place to shoot, check Troy's place out.
    http://www.diamondtrainingcenter.net/Location.aspx

I know this thread is old, Troy as awesome, and I'd rather that to a fancier facility, I beilive that all of his target runners are GTG now and several were workig as ell.

I also built his NEW website for him ad a gift for generally having a good range and a great attitude.

We: Myself, my Wife, and 1-3 kids visited,

Top Bottom