Doc added***FL permits no longer honored in LA....it's official.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    L

Louisiana Shooter

At which point does lashooter admit he was wrong and nolacop was right?

I know that LSP wants to make the change. I question whether or not they have the authority to do it, given the changes that the legislature made to the law in 2004 and 2008. Sgt. Reavis told me that he wanted to make this change back in April. Just because they are the police does not mean that they get to over-ride the legislature.

Last edited by a moderator:
    L

Louisiana Shooter

He doesn't, he's done this before with another sponsor.

Did you forget that I was right about the status of the other sponsor last time? This situation is actually rooted in the last one. Reavis wants to make this change so that residents with training certificates from unregistered instructors cannot carry here.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Did you forget that I was right about the status of the other sponsor last time? This situation is actually rooted in the last one. Reavis wants to make this change so that residents with training certificates from unregistered instructors cannot carry here.

That doesn't make you any less of a douche bag :rofl:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Did you realize that is not the point? You had ZERO business posting it the way you did and you know damn well what I meant, you got more grief over it than anyone on this forum for anything they did including Jimmy Dean and Anty. You have a severe lack of business ethic and a general attitude problem and with regard to this incident an apparent reading comprehension problem. I would have thought you'd have learned something from the previous incident.

There is no requirement in the Second Amendment for training of any kind. On another note, out of state licensing in FL were strictly a money grab.

You are confusing the right to own with the privilege of concealed carry.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Guys, while this has become an issue where many people want to be right - who gives a ****. Get an LA permit. I am finishing up class as we speak. I survived. You will as well.

+1 The course is really not that difficult - even rejected applicants wanting to work for LA Carry can pass it ;). It's more time consuming than difficult.

But, FWIW, LAShooter may have a point; I just don't know how much it will cost someone to test his position in court.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Did you realize that is not the point? You had ZERO business posting it the way you did and you know damn well what I meant, you got more grief over it than anyone on this forum for anything they did including Jimmy Dean and Anty. You have a severe lack of business ethic and a general attitude problem and with regard to this incident an apparent reading comprehension problem. I would have thought you'd have learned something from the previous incident.

You are confusing the right to own with the privilege of concealed carry.

Now don't be draggin me into this.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Just my opinon, mind you, but I recall when this first came up I thought to myself "Why would a resident of Louisiana want a Florida permit unless it was to get around Louisiana law or some such."

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Handgun training is not a requirement. I used my DD-214 to show I completed basic combat training. During BCT you do not handle pistols.

Training
    Original/First-Time Applicants:
    In addition to meeting the qualifications in R.S. 40:1379.3(C), an applicant must demonstrate competence with a handgun by completion of an approved firearms safety or training course taught by an NRA or P.O.S.T. certified instructor that is registered with State Police, or completion of small arms training while serving in the military (as evidenced by a DD-214), [active service members, reservist and national guard members must include a clear photocopy of their military ID (front & back) with a copy of their last qualification record from their 201 file], or possession of a current valid license to carry a concealed weapon issued by a parish law enforcement officer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom