Doc added***FL permits no longer honored in LA....it's official.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    ******** on privilege. It is a right as defined by the men that founded this country. Has the state perverted the intent in an unconstitutional way? Yes. Does that mean it isn't a right, NOT TO BE INFRINGED? No, it does not. It means we have a law on the books that common sense tells you is unconstitutional.

I understand why the state mandates the course, making carry a "privilege" for the general public interest, but blind enforcement of the law against citizens with no criminal history is, on its face, plainly unconstitutional.

Right or wrong, it is.

It is still a privilege.

Just because you or anyone else doesn't like, does not change the fact that it is reality. We shouldn't have to fill out paperworj for guns, silencers, full auto, whatever, but we do.

We shouldn't have to get a "license" to drive on roads our tax dollars pay for, but we do.

We shouldn't have to conform to a lot of things, but we do.

The truth is, despite the fact that it shouldn't be, it is. the ******** that Louisiana Shooter is pulling, besides clouding the water for those less informed is ignorant, but we have come to expect that from him.

Fact is, FL non-resident is no longer honored, and neither is/will Utah. Right or wrong, that is a fact. If Louisiana Shooter feels it is such an injustice, then he can use his frosted flakes boxtop lawyer degree to argue it up to the supreme court.

Still does not change he fact that carrying under the misconception that you have a valid non-resident FL license severely increases your chance of arrest, and will be devastating for you in civil court following a shooting.

L

Louisiana Shooter

Right or wrong, it is.

It is still a privilege.

Just because you or anyone else doesn't like, does not change the fact that it is reality. We shouldn't have to fill out paperworj for guns, silencers, full auto, whatever, but we do.

We shouldn't have to get a "license" to drive on roads our tax dollars pay for, but we do.

We shouldn't have to conform to a lot of things, but we do.

The truth is, despite the fact that it shouldn't be, it is. the ******** that Louisiana Shooter is pulling, besides clouding the water for those less informed is ignorant, but we have come to expect that from him.

Fact is, FL non-resident is no longer honored, and neither is/will Utah. Right or wrong, that is a fact. If Louisiana Shooter feels it is such an injustice, then he can use his frosted flakes boxtop lawyer degree to argue it up to the supreme court.

Still does not change he fact that carrying under the misconception that you have a valid non-resident FL license severely increases your chance of arrest, and will be devastating for you in civil court following a shooting.

I have been discussing the present state of Louisiana Law, not what is fair and just. I have also been citing the relevant laws that support the reality that Florida permits are still valid here. All you seem to be doing is hurling insults in an attempt to bully people.

The fact remains that LSP does not have the authority to stop honoring non-res out of state permits entirely. They can probably exclude certain permits from reciprocal agreements, but that will not affect permits honored under through other lawful means.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Brannon,
    Unacceptable comments toward a sponsor removed.

I tried to address this in a PM, but your mailbox is full.

You have been warned.

these statements are blatantly false and an attempt to tarnish and undermine my personal character and business. If you continue along this line, I will sue you for libel. We have been down this road before. Do not speak of me again in this manner or I will use every manner of legal recourse available to me to recoup actual and perpetual losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Driving is a privilege. Our right to bear arms is, well, a right. It is specific in its intent - SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Now, am I suggesting you not arrest someone who violates NFA stuff? No, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is your personal culpability.

Regarding CCW - A gun legal in my hand is illegal in my pocket?? :rolleyes: I would hope you would exercise discretion about such matters, not blindly follow the black and white letter of state law regardless of who is doing what and how.

All you are doing is picking which laws YOU think should be enforced and those that should not. I should look the other way for this, but not for that? It doesn't work that way brother.

Again, I agree with your general point, but that does not change the current state of affairs. That is what i am saying.

If

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    OK. So you see me with a J frame in my pocket in your jurisdiction. You know I do not have a LA permit at this moment. Would you place me under arrest?

I doubt I would encounter you in that capacity. That is where the discretion comes in, in the extent of enforcing, not in which laws to enforce.

That said, probably not, but you know that is a question I cannot answer.

i can tell you that you would be breaking the law and would be subject to arrest or citation.

Last edited:

littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As I am planning to do this soon I appreciate the heads up and thanks for the LEO's on the site that give their input.
    To all those that really took this thread to rant on and took it out of the box, I wish you hadn't. I realize most on this site appreciate the the great info I found after wading through 18 pages half of it, was not going toward the intent of the thread. A lot of things brought up might have another place here, but I took this as informative Post and had to spend an extra 30min to go through the B.S.
    There were probably some great subjects and questions that were brought up in the thread, but those that don't want to go through 18+ pages will probably give up before they ever see this post.
    I'm kinda of newbie here and don't want anyone to take offense but from a new guy, the misdirection and crap kind of turns me off.

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    My military LES says FL resident, and I have a florida CHL. So can I use it or not?

The real question is - WHAT MAKES YOU A RESIDENT.

My military LES says i'm a Florida resident - but will Lowsyana figure that out or assume i'm a local...what a goat-rope...typical for this area.

Last edited:
    L

Louisiana Shooter

There is no "non resident" permit in FL. I'm confused as hell. My military LES says FL resident, and I have a florida CHL. So can I use it or not?

Florida residents with FL permits are definately good to go.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    FL license instead of LA permit

1. It seems this is becoming the thing to do in many states.
    2. I'm surprised so many just have the FL permit.
    3. My CCW class was NOT a joke. I knew much of the info, but it was a good class.

I had a FL license for the simple reason that I thought the Louisiana application had too many personal questions that had nothing to do with getting a permit. I carried without state-approval before I had the FL out-of-state license and I'll just do the same again.

I hadn't been keeping up with the laws lately and knew nothing about this change until last night when I received the post from this forum. Does anyone know what that colonel's reason was?

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Northshore
    regarding you two kids, as a moderator -

Be careful dueling, those lightsabers are dangerous.

I'm going to go get some popcorn. Entertain me, dancing monkeys!

Great, now I gotta hear Brannon talk about this for the next two days. :rofl: :o

Thats only the half of it.. I had to hear him pound out the post last night from the hotel room on his laptop keyboard. That **** was comical..Then I put on my CPAP machine and fell fast asleep...

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    ... Ever heard the adage, "Be careful what you ask for"?
    Those of you who ran and tattled to your legislator or whomever, let us hope you didn't plant the seeds for a complete reversal.
    These are good points. Speaking as one who has a Florida permit, and wasn't thrilled about the reciprocity change, in the scheme of things it's not all that big of a deal, and besides, it's done. Pretty soon I'll have 2 permits, and only be a little poorer. After learning some new stuff on this thread, I better understand the reasoning behind the change as well.

I'm not one of those going to the governor or legislature about this, and I agree with LSP972 that doing so could elicit a really bad response that none of us want. Shallow and/or anti-gun politicians may just hear "problems with the concealed carry program" and use it as an excuse to eliminate the problem program.

If anything, we should be asking them to increase funding and staffing for the CHP division. It's a shame that office is understaffed and overworked.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    From the LSP website.

News
    Effective immediately, Louisiana no longer honors non-resident permits issued by the State of Florida.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Northshore
    From the LSP website.

News
    Effective immediately, Louisiana no longer honors non-resident permits issued by the State of Florida.

wait, I thought nolacop, forged a state document, and the commander of the state police signature...wasn't he just asking for someone to install photoshop...

yarbsea

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Bossier
    Oh well...it's retarded. Now I get to follow the same process that Louisiana dislikes about florida non-res (namely not getting any training), and simply send in my military qualification record and SKIP the training here. I STILL don't need any training to get my license.

what a waste of effort and time...they did NOTHING but make me pay them the money instead of florida.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Oh well...it's retarded. Now I get to follow the same process that Louisiana dislikes about florida non-res (namely not getting any training), and simply send in my military qualification record and SKIP the training here. I STILL don't need any training to get my license.

what a waste of effort and time...they did NOTHING but make me pay them the money instead of florida.

How old are you military records? Does it show handgun training?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom