Does Herbert Guns carry Ar-15s or parts???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Hey I keep getting off too late from work.. I just moved to prairieville area, I haven't been to Herbert Guns in Prairieville. Do they sell ar-15's and also do they sell stripped lowers??? Any info about them would be appreciated..

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    im sure they are no higher than Jims, im just sayin that ALL AR parts are outrageous in price unless the owner has no knowldge of what they have.

there is a diff between how Hebert guns does business.

when you walk into Jims, you have to wait your turn to talk to a employee.

When you walk into Cabelas, you have take a number and wait far too long for help.

When you walk into Heberts, they come to you in 10 seconds flat.
    That might be nervy to some, but if your shopping, they wanna know what.
    I got in and outta there in record time compared to Jims

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Jim's............ let me just say that I most likely won't being going back again.
    The absolute worst service I have ever experienced in any retail store. The condescending slackers they had working there acted like you were a burden to wait on. I just don't understand how a gun shop can succeed with hiring employees who know nothing about firearms and have no interest in them. Took me 45 minutes to get someone who would wait one me and another 30 minutes to get the transaction completed and I already knew what I wanted. I'd be embarrassed to be that lazy. :confused:

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Glimmerman...I've noticed this with Jim's more and more over the past 6 months and I really have to want something right then to go there. I usually check with a phone call first and ask them to hold it for me...then get in and get out.

There are two guys there that pretty much carry the entire place. Brooks(has tons of energy) and Brian. Past that the other guys either don't know anything or are Super Rude! Especially the one big guy with a pony-tail.

Hebert Guns seems ok, but they never have anything in stock. I would rather spend money here in town, but if the store that I'm shopping has to order it...I just as soon order it myself.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Glimmerman...I've noticed this with Jim's more and more over the past 6 months and I really have to want something right then to go there. I usually check with a phone call first and ask them to hold it for me...then get in and get out.

There are two guys there that pretty much carry the entire place. Brooks(has tons of energy) and Brian. Past that the other guys either don't know anything or are Super Rude! Especially the one big guy with a pony-tail.

Hebert Guns seems ok, but they never have anything in stock. I would rather spend money here in town, but if the store that I'm shopping has to order it...I just as soon order it myself.

Brian treated me very well, you can tell he does carry the store. Beware if you take an XD in there for some night sights, they tell you have have a sight pusher but they don't. They will beat the crap out of gun.

During my 4 set Truglo ordeal I had to spend a lot of time there waiting on my guns to be ready and I saw people wait for literally 45 min to 1 hour. You really have to just go in there and just yell, "hey you! come over here!". If you just stand there and wait for them to come over you will have no luck at all.

I did talk to a few people while they were waiting and both people I know left before purchasing anything were going to spend over 1500 bucks each. I guess in this market you don't really have to try.

SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    Hebert is the one out in P'ville area?

If so they can suck my left nut, I wouldn't give them a penny!

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Damn optiic i just dropped of my lower to them to complete my stripped lower after about 4 hours of shooting pins around the room.. Thats gonna suck if they mess it up.. plus they charged me 65 dollors to do the job....

Brian treated me very well, you can tell he does carry the store. Beware if you take an XD in there for some night sights, they tell you have have a sight pusher but they don't. They will beat the crap out of gun.

During my 4 set Truglo ordeal I had to spend a lot of time there waiting on my guns to be ready and I saw people wait for literally 45 min to 1 hour. You really have to just go in there and just yell, "hey you! come over here!". If you just stand there and wait for them to come over you will have no luck at all.

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    Besides Jim, I only deal with Brian if I need something.

Bullred, don't worry about your ar lower, The xd's take a certain site tool, and other ones wont work. The only way to remove them with out having to send them back to springfield is taking a punch and tap them out.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Damn optiic i just dropped of my lower to them to complete my stripped lower after about 4 hours of shooting pins around the room.. Thats gonna suck if they mess it up.. plus they charged me 65 dollors to do the job....

If you have any more lowers to assemble, save yourself the $65 and ask one of us on the board to help you out. I have helped quite a few members with their builds, I enjoy teaching/showing people, and would have helped you out!

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    If you have any more lowers to assemble, save yourself the $65 and ask one of us on the board to help you out. I have helped quite a few members with their builds, I enjoy teaching/showing people, and would have helped you out!

That's kind of you. I wish I would have known that a while back. I had Jim's assemble two lowers for me and they charged me an arm and a leg to do it. I would like to have done it myself but I didn't have all the tools and was scared that I would mess something up.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    That's kind of you. I wish I would have known that a while back. I had Jim's assemble two lowers for me and they charged me an arm and a leg to do it. I would like to have done it myself but I didn't have all the tools and was scared that I would mess something up.

Sorry bout that! I'll help just about anybody out, and I'm sure quite a few people on here would attest to that! If you get another lower, dont forget to ask for help, I'm sure there are others that would lend a hand as well.

sigman722

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Plaquemine
    Went looking for my wife's gun. Went to Jim's for the selection and went to shop price at Hebert's. Looked at the same gun they said it was new a xd sub compact. Looked like it been in 2 tours in Iraq. Lady swore it was new. Not a expert but you can tell when a gun has been shot a lot. Took it apart and it was freaking filthy. Left went back to Jims and have not been back to Hebert's. Xd now has about 1000 or so rounds and still looks a thousand times better than the one at Hebert's. Just my experience. I go to academy now if they dont have it i go to percision.
    Good Luck with your decision
    sigman722

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    The problem I had with Hebert's may not be not a big deal to others but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I have always been a buy local guy even if it costs a little more but after buying 7 firearms from CJ himself over a span of a year or so, the guy still doesn't know me from Adam. I mean, if I am paying a premium just to do business with a local guy, I would like that guy to at least act like he knows who I am. He would always act like he had never seen me before and I guess that sort of pissed me off a little bit. I order everything from internet dealers now or from places like this and have it shipped to a friend w/ffl who transfers it for free. Screw Hebert's..............

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville

Damn!

65 bucks for a LPK install? I would have done it for 30 or some kind of barter. Heck I enjoy a little gunsmithing. Next time you want to do that let me know and I can help you install it.

From what I could gather them beating it up was due to the XD not that they do that in general. Their site pusher could not fit the XD and the larger size of the TruGlo sights.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Damn!

65 bucks for a LPK install? I would have done it for 30 or some kind of barter. Heck I enjoy a little gunsmithing. Next time you want to do that let me know and I can help you install it.

From what I could gather them beating it up was due to the XD not that they do that in general. Their site pusher could not fit the XD and the larger size of the TruGlo sights.

You do know that if you charge someone for installing a LPK, you need to be licensed to manufacture firearms, correct? I enjoy showing someone how the AR platform works, and explain what each part does while assisting them in the assembly process.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom