Does Herbert Guns carry Ar-15s or parts???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SKYWLKR

bread and circuses
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 26, 2007
    ****, Larry remembers my name and All I have bought is primers and done a couple transfers albeit about 30K in primers but still.

I'd do a LPK install for free and give YOU a beer

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    You do know that if you charge someone for installing a LPK, you need to be licensed to manufacture firearms, correct? I enjoy showing someone how the AR platform works, and explain what each part does while assisting them in the assembly process.

I'm sure if I sit with someone and help them install the kit the ATF will not come and kick down my door. Besides the fee would be for my time not for installing the kit.:rofl:

I've done plenty of amateur gunsmitting for friends and family, one friend is even applying to join the Baton Rouge ATF!

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I'm sure if I sit with someone and help them install the kit the ATF will not come and kick down my door. Besides the fee would be for my time not for installing the kit.:rofl:

I've done plenty of amateur gunsmitting for friends and family, one friend is even applying to join the Baton Rouge ATF!

there seems to be plenty of people that would help out a fellow enthusiast without charging them if someone wanted to pay for this kind of service i dont think they would choose to pay someone that is not licensed.not being a dick just my opinion.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    there seems to be plenty of people that would help out a fellow enthusiast without charging them if someone wanted to pay for this kind of service i dont think they would choose to pay someone that is not licensed.not being a dick just my opinion.

You've never paid a buddy for a service with beer or bartering before? You do understand installing a lpk is just a few roll pins and a few springs... Nothing one needs special training/licenses for, kids do this kind of stuff. I think your over valuing the act of simple gun smithing.

I was just commenting on how much the OP was charged for a simple LPK install. I've never charged friends or family for this kind of stuff.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    no man i can understand hey pick up a six pack and ill come by and we can put your gun together then have a couple beers. but you had posted that you would do it for $30 bucks wich in this case i doubt youll have a bunch of people running over to have it done. i geuss im just the kind of person that if i know how to do it and someone needs help then i dont mind helping out and dont expect something in return and i think that a large number of the people on here are the same way. ive had other hobbies that when i got into them and didnt know what i was doing people have helped me out and ive returned the favor to others. this board is mostly local guys that share the same "hobby" and seem to help each other out.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I guess I have the Teach a man to fish attitude, and like I said, I enjoy helping out. I'm sure that the ATF isnt going to come bash your door down and shoot your dog if you install a LPK in a stripped lower for someone, BUT is $30 worth it IF by chance you actually did get caught?

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    no man i can understand hey pick up a six pack and ill come by and we can put your gun together then have a couple beers. but you had posted that you would do it for $30 bucks wich in this case i doubt youll have a bunch of people running over to have it done. i geuss im just the kind of person that if i know how to do it and someone needs help then i dont mind helping out and dont expect something in return and i think that a large number of the people on here are the same way. ive had other hobbies that when i got into them and didnt know what i was doing people have helped me out and ive returned the favor to others. this board is mostly local guys that share the same "hobby" and seem to help each other out.

Pump your brakes kid.

When I get help from people I expect to bring beer or yes even drop a few bucks for their time. I appreciate other peoples time and effort so I always make sure to even things up. I expect this when I get help from others and appreciate when people do it for me. I figure its part of being an adult and good neighbor.

I would have never accepted money for helping someone out, I was referencing how much the OP paid and how much I think something like this is worth.

You've never heard someone talk about how much they paid for something and said " Damn, I would have done it for half that, I'm in the wrong business".

I'm sorry if I offended you, I won't let it happen again. If you ever need a LPK installed I will do it for 29 bucks but don't tell the ATF :mamoru:

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Damn!

65 bucks for a LPK install? I would have done it for 30 or some kind of barter. Heck I enjoy a little gunsmithing. Next time you want to do that let me know and I can help you install it.

From what I could gather them beating it up was due to the XD not that they do that in general. Their site pusher could not fit the XD and the larger size of the TruGlo sights.

Don't get all holier then thou on me guys. Christ.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    You've never heard someone talk about how much they paid for something and said " Damn, I would have done it for half that, I'm in the wrong business".

no i usually say damn man cant believe you paid that mauch ive got the tools at home you should have came over and we could have done it for a lot less. i geuss thats just the way i was raised if i offer to help you do something i am offering it not expecting anything in return. ive went as far as loading up my mower and driving 30-40 minutes and cutting a friends grass because i knew he was out of town. i didnt expect him to come cut mine when he got back in town. you didnt offend me i was just throwing an opinion out there that is probably shared by a lot of people on this board.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    I guess I have the Teach a man to fish attitude, and like I said, I enjoy helping out. I'm sure that the ATF isnt going to come bash your door down and shoot your dog if you install a LPK in a stripped lower for someone, BUT is $30 worth it IF by chance you actually did get caught?

Exchanging a six pack (goods and services) is the same as exchanging money in the eyes of the law. Looks like were both going to jail.

Look no one is happy about Obama but you guys need to calm down.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Don't get all holier then thou on me guys. Christ.

nobody is getting holier than thou but you jump on here and offered to charge someone less to do something your not licensed to do when there are others offering up there free help for someone with less experience that may or may not want to learn to do it on their own.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville

no i usually say damn man cant believe you paid that mauch ive got the tools at home you should have came over and we could have done it for a lot less. i geuss thats just the way i was raised if i offer to help you do something i am offering it not expecting anything in return. ive went as far as loading up my mower and driving 30-40 minutes and cutting a friends grass because i knew he was out of town. i didnt expect him to come cut mine when he got back in town. you didnt offend me i was just throwing an opinion out there that is probably shared by a lot of people on this board.

Damn dude.. I don't think you even read my posts. I'm sure none of your friends ever help you with anything at all. You just give and give. Just driving around cutting random peoples grass. The lone soldier,

Life is a give and take, don't pretend you just give to sound like Ghandi.

sendit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    new orleans
    don't bust a guy's chops until you have walked in his shows....Lets see are you the 107 who has to go into a gunstore and finger **** the gun all day then totally disassemble the fire arm just to f@ck*ng look at it ? or do you tell them you were a sniper back in NAM or the 1ST gulf war ?

XD sights are a bitch to change any way you look at it !!! best thing to do is put 500 rounds thru the gun 1st then get 'em changed it really does HELP !!!

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    nobody is getting holier than thou but you jump on here and offered to charge someone less to do something your not licensed to do when there are others offering up there free help for someone with less experience that may or may not want to learn to do it on their own.

I never intended to offer any services for cash. I told him I would be happy to help out. You really need to relax and you don't need a license to do any of this stuff.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    don't bust a guy's chops until you have walked in his shows....Lets see are you the 107 who has to go into a gunstore and finger **** the gun all day then totally disassemble the fire arm just to f@ck*ng look at it ? or do you tell them you were a sniper back in NAM or the 1ST gulf war ?
    XD sights are a bitch to change any way you look at it !!! best thing to do is put 500 rounds thru the gun 1st then get 'em changed it really does HELP !!!

I'm not really following this....

I think your referening me saying the gun store beat up my sights installing the meps on my XD. I know the XD sights are known for being very hard to remove and thats why I asked them if they had the right sight pusher for the job. They said yes and I found out later they did not. That was the rub for me.

Last edited:

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville

I really think this went to the wrong place fast. My intent was to offer to help ths guy out.

And just for the record I've mowed more peoples lawns for free then you. So I am the better person. I've also never accepted beer or help from anyone in my life. My friends and I never trade help or service I am nothing but pure vassal for others use. See, I can do that too and its just as realistic.

Did this really need to become a "thing"? Really?

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Exchanging a six pack (goods and services) is the same as exchanging money in the eyes of the law. Looks like were both going to jail.

Look no one is happy about Obama but you guys need to calm down.

Please do show me where I said I would exchange a six pack or money for assembling a lower.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    its cool man. i never said i have never been helped by friends but i dont expect it. the only thing i would expect if i came to help you out is a thank you. ill leave it at that no sense in wasting space with useless argueing.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    ok just one more.
    you first offered to do it for 30 bucks then told the guy next time you would help him out so why would it be wrong to assume that you ment next time you would help him out and do it for 30. either way i disagree with you and dont think it is right. if you were a business that was offering a service would be one thing but your not your a weekend warrior so to say and posting on a board that has plenty of people willing to offer to help someone out and you jump in saying you would help out for a fee.

optiic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Please do show me where I said I would exchange a six pack or money for assembling a lower.

I was trying to show how somehow drawing a line between bringing a six pack or a few bucks over to show appreciation for helping someone is silly. I'm sure some where in your past you helped someone install a trigger and they gave you a six pack or helped you move or something. It's what friends do for each other.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom