Don’t be like This Guy!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I honestly don't know what to make of stories like this. It's so hard to come to a hard conclusion of what really happened, if it really happened, or why it happened. I can't help but to believe that any story involving highly politicized material or motives, is either fake in one way or another or propaganda that is meant to stir the pot.
    This is why I don't give attention to stories like this.
    This day and age, so much can be fabricated and presented as factual with no ability of providing evidence to prove otherwise.

Used to you could believe half what you see and none of what you hear. These days you can't believe anything, unless you can physically touch it and speak to it, and even then, you might be talking to a plant.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Exactly. So every agent there would have to be willing to shoot an unarmed man. You say they are all evil and will shoot an unarmed man. I say they are not all evil so it's more likely he was pointing a gun at the agents.

We can disagree over this.

So you're saying that every agent there would be willing to go to prison for the other agent. Sorry to disappoint you but nope.
    I'm saying unless there would be some serious inquiry into this tragedy those agents will be in lockstep with each other. There will never be any such inquiry, so they have nothing to fear.

You act as if this is just implausible. That a government agency can't go beyond what is reasonable, that agents wouldn't coverup for each other. What about Waco? What about Ruby Ridge? Those boondoggles alone should prove that agents will lie and will absolutely push the boundaries of the law.

We can agree to disagree. You want to get into the weeds on everything I post. I don't see any point in continuing this exchange. I stand firm on what I believe based on 56 years of life experience with my head not buried in the sand. I'm as reasonable as anyone can be. Regrets, if this has somehow offended you.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm saying unless there would be some serious inquiry into this tragedy those agents will be in lockstep with each other. There will never be any such inquiry, so they have nothing to fear.

You act as if this is just implausible. That a government agency can't go beyond what is reasonable, that agents wouldn't coverup for each other. What about Waco? What about Ruby Ridge? Those boondoggles alone should prove that agents will lie and will absolutely push the boundaries of the law.

We can agree to disagree. You want to get into the weeds on everything I post. I don't see any point in continuing this exchange. I stand firm on what I believe based on 56 years of life experience with my head not buried in the sand. I'm as reasonable as anyone can be. Regrets, if this has somehow offended you.

It's implausible that only evil people apply and get into the FBI or that the FBI academy makes everyone evil. It's implausible to believe that if so many people know about wrongdoing, not one of them will tell anyone, like a wife or a friend, and the word won't get out.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It's implausible that only evil people apply and get into the FBI or that the FBI academy makes everyone evil. It's implausible to believe that if so many people know about wrongdoing, not one of them will tell anyone, like a wife or a friend, and the word won't get out.
    Nowhere in any of my posts did I say all agents are evil nor did I suggest the FBI Academy converts people to become evil. That's quite the leap.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    They followed him to and from church the day before, where he was exposed, unarmed, and easily able to be detained. They do this regularly, detaining people in vulnerable and non-threatening positions. (Like at work.)

It's pretty much SOP unless they are making an example of someone.

I think anyone who enforces laws/rules that they know are unethical, immoral, and more harmful to the person and public than they are protective is willingly doing evil. I do not care what letters they have by their name. GM, EMT, PD, FD, HMO, GPA, SS, FBI, ATF, CIA, SOS, WTFE.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    They followed him to and from church the day before, where he was exposed, unarmed, and easily able to be detained. They do this regularly, detaining people in vulnerable and non-threatening positions. (Like at work.)

It's pretty much SOP unless they are making an example of someone.

I think anyone who enforces laws/rules that they know are unethical, immoral, and more harmful to the person and public than they are protective is willingly doing evil. I do not care what letters they have by their name. GM, EMT, PD, FD, HMO, GPA, SS, FBI, ATF, CIA, SOS, WTFE.
    Thankfully there are still many people here with brains.

This is what seems to be quite evident more and more. These agencies are adopting this "US against THEM" mentality. No one would ever make me believe that if agents that work together daily, know each others families, are sent on a mission to apprehend what they label as a MAGA lover, extremist, or any other label, and they're met with any kind of resistance, they will use deadly force and could care less about the fat slob that posted threats, voiced dissent, and has a sniper rifle. And yes, they would all be in lock step with each other as to what actually happened. They easily justify it as him bringing it upon himself.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    According to this article Craig pointed a .357 at FBI agents and agents returned fire. If true it sounds like suicide by fed. Not a lot of detail yet.
    A friend of mine was recently murdered in his home (last month). He had a gun but was placing it on the ground as ordered when he was shot 4 times. The local news stations reported that he died as a result of a "shootout with police". So I'd be skeptical of media reporting most anything. Covid proved once and for all that the mainstream media can be trusted about as much as any politicians word.

I think "they" want "us" to react violently. They want a controlled civil war so they can sweep in and forcibly disarm everyone.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    in the day and age we live in and the job they have to do its outrages that each one of the entry team didnt have a high deff camera or go pro style on them before entry... you would think that would be required for checks and balances... will keep them from doing wrong and would also help sell there story if he actually was armed... i would have to imagine there is a entry vid out there, now whether or not its shown or not is the answer lol

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    A friend of mine was recently murdered in his home (last month). He had a gun but was placing it on the ground as ordered when he was shot 4 times. The local news stations reported that he died as a result of a "shootout with police". So I'd be skeptical of media reporting most anything. Covid proved once and for all that the mainstream media can be trusted about as much as any politicians word.

I think "they" want "us" to react violently. They want a controlled civil war so they can sweep in and forcibly disarm everyone.
    That's exactly the reaction they look for.
    I've had someone ask a really silly question just yesterday, "hypothetically" "if I've ever had to point a weapon at someone?" "Have I ever had to shoot someone?" Yada Yada Yada, like it's so hard to do, especially trained law enforcement. Like they go suffering forever because they had to put down a supposed badguy.
    If you look at recent history, it doesn't seem as if they have any compunction at all shooting anyone they deem a threat, real or imagined.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    There are people in the <insert government industry> that will jump through endless hoops to make ridiculous arguments and straw-men, to "win" their justification on semantics (that no one but like-reasoned people would ever believe or be fooled by).

It's like they think that no one else can "get it" unless they are in their shoes, lol...yeah, we get it and see what's up. Only really miserable people don't want to make it home at the end of the day, and everyone wants to sleep, we get it.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    in the day and age we live in and the job they have to do its outrages that each one of the entry team didnt have a high deff camera or go pro style on them before entry... you would think that would be required for checks and balances... will keep them from doing wrong and would also help sell there story if he actually was armed... i would have to imagine there is a entry vid out there, now whether or not its shown or not is the answer lol
    If they did that it would mean they would be held accountable to us the American Citizen. Can't have that! They are beholden to no one, especially stinking Trump/ MAGA supporters/ Walmart shoppers that are so far beneath them. How could they possibly be watched over by the filthy masses?

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    There are people in the <insert government industry> that will jump through endless hoops to make ridiculous arguments and straw-men, to "win" their justification on semantics (that no one but like-reasoned people would ever believe or be fooled by).

It's like they think that no one else can "get it" unless they are in their shoes, lol...yeah, we get it and see what's up. Only really miserable people don't want to make it home at the end of the day, and everyone wants to sleep, we get it.
    I used to think that the military would never betray their oath and operate on US soil, against American citizens. Then I realized that the brass were all, or mostly corrupt and the grunts have been so conditioned to obey orders that who's going to stand up and question orders that everyone else is going along with? Bloated Federal agencies are even worse, sadly. Quislings infest most agencies and the view that "I'm just following orders", what the Nazi's said after WW2, is pervasive. Not to mention the fact that (it seems) agencies desire recruits with low or no morals and either a psychopathic or sociopathic nature :shocked:. Then, I can't forget one of the messages traded between cops prior to the Rodney King beating talking about how one officer 'Wanted to kill something so badly'. Bad apples in every bunch and all.. Wait, have I gone off topic? :ugh:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I used to think that the military would never betray their oath and operate on US soil, against American citizens. Then I realized that the brass were all, or mostly corrupt and the grunts have been so conditioned to obey orders that who's going to stand up and question orders that everyone else is going along with? Bloated Federal agencies are even worse, sadly. Quislings infest most agencies and the view that "I'm just following orders", what the Nazi's said after WW2, is pervasive. Not to mention the fact that (it seems) agencies desire recruits with low or no morals and either a psychopathic or sociopathic nature :shocked:. Then, I can't forget one of the messages traded between cops prior to the Rodney King beating talking about how one officer 'Wanted to kill something so badly'. Bad apples in every bunch and all.. Wait, have I gone off topic? :ugh:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...roopers-knew-charge-wouldnt-stand/ar-AA1ffl3v

and then there is this part....

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I'm sure those cams were broken or the batteries were dead, if they exist at all.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

I can assure you, they are telling the truth and he was put down for his and our safety.
    I'll stick to what I said earlier though, I honestly believe nothing I hear when it comes to reports like this. For all I know, this whole ordeal is complete fiction, and the dead guy is actually alive somewhere living his best life. I don't put it past these people to create stories like this for pure propaganda purposes to set examples, or to create more tension.
    Doesn't mean it didn't happen, also doesn't mean I don't take note of what is being said. I just don't put much attention towards it.
    If it did happen, then this guy fell right into their trap and as the title of this thread states, don't be like this guy, because this is what they want. Yes, we have a right to voice opinions and to not be murdered in our home for making a threat, but when you live under the rule of today's power structure, you have to understand how to play the game and not be murdered for it.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Where the hell were you with this the other day? This would have been great in the thread discussing traffic violations.

In all seriousness though, those police care only about keeping the roadways safe, not about collecting revenue, or using violations as a means to search vehicles, or possibly even steal property.
    Without his footage, those dashcams would likely have never been released; his word against theirs at that point.

I love the comeback he made in response to him supposedly disrupting traffic, because it is absolutely true. I have had more close calls of almost rear-ending someone due to traffic suddenly slowing because of police than any other reason.

For your safety.

Ok, carry on with the topic at hand.

Top Bottom