DWI checkpoints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    We should be able to do what we want when we want and where we want but we can't cuz there are assholes who can't handle responsibility and NOLACOP is a bad bad man...

... ok I'm kidding about that last part :rofl:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    well, like I have to explain to my son, a post-question discussion needs to contain factual components from the answering party. if someone who doesn't really know the answer wants to participate in said discussion, they should be listening and learning, not guessing or providing incorrect information. if you want to inject your opinion, clearly state it as such and do not portray it as fact.

this

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I am all for tough laws against DWI. Drunk drivers cause more deaths than firearm homicides.
    In 2005, 10,100 homicides were committed using firearms in the United States while 16,000 people were killed by drunk drivers. And let's face it,,,of those homicides by firearms,,,I am sure most were drug related. So if you are not in the drug game your chances of being shot by an assailant are actually much, much lower than dying because some damned drunk runs into you while driving.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Bottom line... don't argue with the police. This only makes them mad and as Chris Rock says will get you an ass kicking. If you, for whatever reason, feel like your rights have been violated during an interaction with the police then seek legal representation.

no I do not work for a lawyer's office

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Bottom line... don't argue with the police. This only makes them mad and as Chris Rock says will get you an ass kicking. If you, for whatever reason, feel like your rights have been violated during an interaction with the police then seek legal representation.

no I do not work for a lawyer's office

You should sir. Imight employ you as one of my I-henchmen to go forth and spread the NOLACOP gospel.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Pay your taxes to King George and won't have anything to worry about.

There has not been a significant reduction in drunk driving accidents in MANY years despite a most intrusive government intervention.

Dave

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Pay your taxes to King George and won't have anything to worry about.

There has not been a significant reduction in drunk driving accidents in MANY years despite a most intrusive government intervention.

Dave

because there are more and more assholes born every day who think they can do whatever they want whenever and where ever they want regardless of who it hurts.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Except the waiting in line bit.

Comments like that are very telling about one's level of reality in the world.

i promise you pend more time in a given year waiting to use a public restroom than you would in your whole lifetime of DUI checkpoints. Again, let's do away with them and when your family memeber is killed, you will be the first to scream the police are not doing their job.

You do not have to like it, but they do have a mild deterrent affect, at least in me, and they do catch repeat offenders who are statistically a ticking timebomb of death and destriction before they hurt someone.

Also, for the less ignorant, they might catch a first offender and pain some sens into themso they do not end up learning on the wrong end of a negligent homicide.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Got to hand it to NOLACOP; guy does post some good stuff and gives a s**t about the topics.

You guys run him off, and I will be forced to read the funny stuff Paintball puts forth.:rofl:

Passion anyone?

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    well, like I have to explain to my son, a post-question discussion needs to contain factual components from the answering party. if someone who doesn't really know the answer wants to participate in said discussion, they should be listening and learning, not guessing or providing incorrect information. if you want to inject your opinion, clearly state it as such and do not portray it as fact.

I thought I -was- clear that it was just me ranting, and giving my opinion. Sorry if that was unclear.

@nolacopusmc: I'll take that into consideration. I'm active on some 'information forums' and used to that tango, too, but maybe I'll keep the differences less extreme, and not be so loose lipped when sitting around BS'ing on BS.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I thought I -was- clear that it was just me ranting, and giving my opinion. Sorry if that was unclear.

@nolacopusmc: I'll take that into consideration. I'm active on some 'information forums' and used to that tango, too, but maybe I'll keep the differences less extreme, and not be so loose lipped when sitting around BS'ing on BS.

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate that. I am the last person who wants ton stifle discussion, but there is productive discussion that adds to then topic and then is derailing ******** that onlyfurer confuses.....I try to avoid the latter in these types of threads.

No one person, me included, has all the answers, but some people speak from a more knowledgeable platform than others about certain topics.

What do you do for a living again? I am sure you know more abut that than me. When it comes to long range, I defer to dzlenka, tech issues spanky and others, old timey stuff LSP972.etc.

Top Bottom