DWI checkpoints

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they no longer published the location (besides the parish) of upcoming checkpoints.

If you want to drink and drive you could always just ride a horse. :rolleyes:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they no longer published the location (besides the parish) of upcoming checkpoints.

If you want to drink and drive you could always just ride a horse. :rolleyes:

You can't ride a bike or lawnmower drunk so I don't think they will let your ride a horse. Maybe you could be sober riding a drunk horse?

DrinkingHorse.jpg
    [/IMG]

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    You can't ride a bike or lawnmower drunk so I don't think they will let your ride a horse. Maybe you could be sober riding a drunk horse?

There was a rumor/joke floating around that you couldn't be prosecuted for OWI while riding a horse because ultimately the horse and not the rider is in control.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    There was a rumor/joke floating around that you couldn't be prosecuted for OWI while riding a horse because ultimately the horse and not the rider is in control.

I would tend to agree with the caveat being this is LA and ANYTHING is possible...but generally no. Must be person or motor powered.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    What if I got my dog drunk and let her sit in my lap while we were driving the wrong way down a one way street open carrying in the middle of a parade on Sunday afternoon in a Muslim country wearing bikini shouting Mohammad was a child molester?

Wait. The Muslim country is a bit much isn't it?

Last edited:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What if I got my dog drunk and let her sit in my lap while we were driving the wrong way down a one way street open carrying in the middle of a parade on Sunday afternoon in a Muslim country wearing bikini shouting Mohammad was a child molester?

Question is invalid. You're a woman; you can't drive. ;)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Lost me at bikini...

Wait..you or the dog? :confused:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA

LOL!! :D Wow. There's way too much going on here to possibly touch. WE were driving? Maybe it gets you out of the woman driving thing. Accuse the dog of driving drunk. And, for Allah's sake... put something on! :eek3::mamoru:

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph

How did you get a car in the kitchen??? If you haven't checked lately... we are under the rule of a muslim...

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Give up your liberties and thugs will Protect you. Historically I am correct.

Think I lie? Then u don't know history.

My cousin was shot to death years ago after arguing with his wife. Her brother came by and he argued with him, too. The guy drew his pistol and shot Michael twice in the chest. He was a decorated Marine and I miss him sorely. So should any here be deprived of their inalienable right to keep and bear due to the pain my family have suffered?

I'll answer for all of y'all, F NO!

Only petty tyrants beseech you to give up your rights...

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Earlier someone made the comparison between submitting to DUI checkpoints and giving up guns, both for the purpose of protecting the greater good. This is a fallacious argument. A better apples to apples comparison would be outlawing alcohol and outlawing guns. DUI checkpoints would be more akin to enforcing laws that regulate the illegal use of guns, not their possession.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Give up your liberties and thugs will Protect you. Historically I am correct.

Think I lie? Then u don't know history.

My cousin was shot to death years ago after arguing with his wife. Her brother came by and he argued with him, too. The guy drew his pistol and shot Michael twice in the chest. He was a decorated Marine and I miss him sorely. So should any here be deprived of their inalienable right to keep and bear due to the pain my family have suffered?

I'll answer for all of y'all, F NO!

Only petty tyrants beseech you to give up your rights...

WTF does that have to do with DWI checkpoints?

Oh wait, this is another example of someone using the argument of rights in an attempt to counter a discussion about a privilege.

Would you like cheese on your FAILBURGER?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom