eaps match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hardcover Blues, Blued the f****k out of me.. I would have had you Spankster. Next time... Good fun though..

Keeping track of my qualifiers to get classed.

Melody Line was the qualifier for this match correct?
    Next time shoot it with a inch and a half less barrel and 7 less rounds. ;)

Yes, Melody Line was the qualifier.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Spanky, 50% of Andy and Guy is pretty respectable for your 1st time out:D

Thanks. I messed myself pretty hard because I rushed the qualifier and I missed a mandatory reload on the port speed, PLUS that reload screwed my time because i had to drop the door, reload then pick up again :(

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    All in all, I had an awesome time. I think I did fairly respectably. Surely I would have done better if I would have had my mind right on two stages.

On the "Port Speed" stage, I missed a mandatory reload then lost time whenever I had to drop the door to reload then pick it back up.

Then on the "Melody Line" stage, I shot faster than I should have and totally blew that one.

My G19 and I will definitely be out there as often as possible. I'm not sure if it'll be feasible for me to come out every week but you can rest assured I'll take whatever steps necessary to make it to each EAPS shoot.

mike_golf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 1, 2007
    NOLA
    Hey Guys,
    This Sunday was my first time out to shoot with ya'll, it will not be the last. Had a great time and met some great people. Thanks. - Gary

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    All in all, I had an awesome time. I think I did fairly respectably. Surely I would have done better if I would have had my mind right on two stages.

On the "Port Speed" stage, I missed a mandatory reload then lost time whenever I had to drop the door to reload then pick it back up.

Then on the "Melody Line" stage, I shot faster than I should have and totally blew that one.

My G19 and I will definitely be out there as often as possible. I'm not sure if it'll be feasible for me to come out every week but you can rest assured I'll take whatever steps necessary to make it to each EAPS shoot.

Yep it was awesome, that was my first real match outdoors, besides the Charity match, but that was more for fun, than anything. I hated the "Wall Again" as that was my worst stage.

After reviewing the scores, I need to work on speeding up, my accuracy is there, I just need to step up the speed. I know I'll catch some flak but I like the competitive nature, as it what makes me improve.

I would rather shoot these than focus on punching paper in a single lane. More BS'ers should come to the Amite Match, I'll give someone a ride if they need.

See yall tonight at Precision.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Competitive matches provide a great venue to induce artificial stress. Just be careful you are not practicing bad habits. Also remember that what makes you faster in competition may not be the best tactic for personal defense.

However, generally speaking, any trigger time will make you better. :hi5:

Top Bottom