EBRSO Presence in Inniswold area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    "Is she hawt?"
    Pedro.jpg

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If the cop can see you run a stop sign, that means you can see the cop too. STOP.

Fortunately the one here is off duty and well paid so residents basically get warnings only.

Last edited:

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    I hate those damn fog or what ever you want to call them light. Seems like everybody that has them runs them everytime they have the lights on.

The will blind you at night.

RS 32:322

§322. Use of multiple beam road lighting equipment

A. Whenever a motor vehicle is being operated on a roadway or shoulder adjacent thereto during the times specified in R.S. 32:301, the driver shall use a distribution of light or composite beam, directed high enough and of sufficient intensity to reveal persons and vehicles at safe distance in advance of the vehicle subject to the following requirements and limitations.

B. Whenever a driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within 500 feet, such driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the oncoming driver. The lowermost distribution of light, or composite beam, specified in R.S. 32:321, shall be dimmed to avoid glare at all times, regardless of road contour and loading.

C. Whenever the driver of a vehicle follows another vehicle within 200 feet to the rear, except when engaged in the act of overtaking or passing, such driver shall use a distribution of light permissible under this Chapter other than the uppermost distribution of light specified in R.S. 32:321(1).

D. Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle within five hundred feet or follows another vehicle two hundred feet to the rear, such driver shall not use any fog lamps or other auxiliary driving or passing lamps, except during periods of inclement weather or fog.

Acts 1962, No. 310, §1; Acts 1988, No. 598, §1.

+eleventy-one billion

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If the cop can see you run a stop sign, that means you can see the cop too. STOP.

Fortunately the one here is off duty and well paid so residents basically get warnings only.

:rofl: Yeah I thought and said the same thing. I am a little odd in that I am normally a lot more aware of my surroundings than the majority of drivers. Personally I find it odd when people are surprised that I know from memory the cycles of lights that I pass through regularly. Like Florida @ Ardenwood. I can look at the traffic and know who will go next. Jefferson @ Bluebonnet as well. *I* find it odd that most people do not know the cycle process.

Please note, I (most people) do not want to chastise someone for doing their job. The point is that everyone needs to choose their battles. If some bimbo on the phone blows through a stop sign and causes a wreck then fine, she deserves the extra too many lights, GPS blocking her view and other BS tickets. But if a local resident, who never speeds in the residential area, has a clean record makes an ever so slight rolling stop just after daybreak at a residential 4 way; why? That's not saving anyone, not changing anyones attitude and certainly won't make things any safer. Personally *I* don't want to ticket someone who might be the person to save me from George Temple the third. :p

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Damn, she is rough. TECHNICALLY the GPS could be viewed as driver obstruction, but ****, everybody has one. That is a little harsh even for me. :D

I thought the GPS might look like a radar detector, which seems like a red flag to me. If I were on traffic patrol and spotted someone with a radar detector, I would "profile" the person as a speeder and pay attention to them.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the Deputy I mentioned towed for lack of insurance after having stopped the vehicles for a moving or equipment violation I'm sure. Charlie12 I was referring to Deputy K. Moss. The one you guess is in Central Sub now.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    the Deputy I mentioned towed for lack of insurance after having stopped the vehicles for a moving or equipment violation I'm sure. Charlie12 I was referring to Deputy K. Moss. The one you guess is in Central Sub now.

i don't care what the stop was for.

No insurance= you get towed.

I have zero tolerance. :mad:

L

lsushawn

i don't care what the stop was for.

No insurance= you get towed.

I have zero tolerance. :mad:

:bravo: thank you, if you have one non-insured car per week towed, i'll drive down from Tulsa once a month so you can disassemble my firearm.:D

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I listen to my neighbors and comment on their thoughts. The young dark haired Deputy, we do really appreciate your being here and having your presence in our neighborhood. But some are not so appreciative of things like giving residents a ticket for "not coming to a complete stop" at an empty, 4 way stop, just after 7:20AM on a Saturday. Just sayin' :)

Well, Stop does mean Stop......It does not mean stop only when you feel it is busy enough or on a weekday.....If your foot is too tired or you are in too much of a hurry to come to a complete stop then you get a ticket when cought.

Yes the officer has the option of a warning, however if it were me and I am not LEO I would probably issue a ticket. After all, all it takes for the same person to do that on another day and run over someone is for the officer to let them go and not stop them for the violation of the law.

I have been pulled over for running thru a light and the officer let me go with a warning when he realized it was a stupid mistake on my part. However I did tell him if he needed to give me a ticket because I made a stupid mistake I understood. I have found alot of peoples' attitudes twords rolling thru stop signs in neighborhoods are pretty lax and a kid can pop out of anywhere at anytime.......Even at that time on a Saturday morning.

I say good job to the LEO!!!!!

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    One more thing........

Complaining about the job the police are doing in your neighborhood is pretty lame since the ones that complain about getting caught by the police are usually complain a few week earlier about all of the people speeding, rolling thru stop signs, etc.

I think it sound something like this:"come here and catch the people breaking the law, but if you see my friends breaking the law then just ignore us."

For this to occur the deputy must have some resident radar so they will only pull over the non-residents of the area protrolled. However most the violators are ususally the residents of that area.

Hell, the person may have gotten the ticket to keep them from doing it again and also it may have been a slow morning for the deputy.:rofl:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    One more thing........

Complaining about the job the police are doing in your neighborhood is pretty lame since the ones that complain about getting caught by the police are usually complain a few week earlier about all of the people speeding, rolling thru stop signs, etc.

I think it sound something like this:"come here and catch the people breaking the law, but if you see my friends breaking the law then just ignore us."

For this to occur the deputy must have some resident radar so they will only pull over the non-residents of the area protrolled. However most the violators are ususally the residents of that area.

Hell, the person may have gotten the ticket to keep them from doing it again and also it may have been a slow morning for the deputy.:rofl:

In response to both posts, you apparently did not read the entire thread.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    In response to both posts, you apparently did not read the entire thread.

I read the enitre thread up until my posts showed up, that is what I was commenting on. What did I miss in your opinion?

Maybe I read something too fast and misunderstood someone elses's comments, but I don't think so.

Either way my comments were right and if someone rolls thru a stop sign, no matter when it takes place the deputy should give that person a ticket. Maybe that will stop them from doing it again. Maybe they just need a wake up call about their driving.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    WindsorFox said: "I know numerous people that are not above following her around and then calling the Sheriff with a list of her traffic violations, like talking on her cell phone while driving. I'm noted for telling people in traffic to hang up a drive...[/QUOTE]"

BTW this can be annoying, but it is NOT illegal. You might think it should be, but at the present time it isn't. :p

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom