Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    I see some peeps on the AK files getting kits in. Some good looking demill kits and some hacked up jobs. Anyone got a kit in yet???

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Seen pictures of prestine western kits, look brand spanking new and pictures of Arabic kits that look like they have been demilled with a grenade. According to copes their kits are Western, matching numbers. We will see, apparently the Arabic kits where available from the importer, MAADI magazines to hit the market soon.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    There have been more than one report of people selling the crutch folder out of their kit for $150 to $175. Basically getting a $25-$50 kit...

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    alright mine are here. one of them came with a free pound of cosmoline. pics are already taken and for some reason taking forever to get into my inbox. i have no clue what im looking at as far as condition. wood looks pretty good. there are a few spots where it looks like someone hit it with a grinder. no broken sight leaf or anything though. one of the pieces was bent and had a torn up hole where a rivet went. not sure if i need the piece or not bc all it has is a bunch of cut off rivets on it.

where am i supposed to be looking at for "numbers matching". they were matching on bolt and bolt carrier thats all i noticed from my quick look

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    where am i supposed to be looking at for "numbers matching". they were matching on bolt and bolt carrier thats all i noticed from my quick look

Bolt, bolt carrier and trunnion are the big ones but also the receiver cover rear and maybe the sight leaf bottom and on the lock/tab part of the recoil guide rod.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Bolt, bolt carrier and trunnion are the big ones but also the receiver cover rear and maybe the sight leaf bottom and on the lock/tab part of the recoil guide rod.

trunnion doesnt match everything else has the number 666 lol :doh:

nevermind. trunnion is arabic marked and is also 666. ill go check the other one

ETA - the bolt BC and trunion match. the 2nd kit. nothing else does though
    ETA - pics are here http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?89990-Egyptian-kit-pictures

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    trunnion doesnt match everything else has the number 666 lol :doh:

nevermind. trunnion is arabic marked and is also 666. ill go check the other one

ETA - the bolt BC and trunion match. the 2nd kit. nothing else does though

Yous is the first one I have seen that does not match.

Rakkasan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Slidell
    Was the gunbroker auction the crutch kit for $400.00? I can't pull it up on my work computer. If so, thats a dude off the akfilers that made a quick buck before the kits came out like gang busters. Can't blame a guy for making a buck. @ rssxy, looks like a pretty clean demill job. I have three kits coming and only hope they are that nice compared to a few pictures i've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom