Either you love them or you really hate them.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I'm a Glock owner, I just simply love them cause I feel really comfortable with them. I'm just curious, how come when you someone brings Glocks up. People either love them or really hate and bash on them. I want to hear from the Glock bashers. Whats that all about? Let it out.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm not a basher, I just don't like them. They don't feel comfortable in my hand, I don't like the asthetics and the Kb issues kind of soured me. I know they have been solved, but to me there are better poly guns out there on the market that are comperable in price. Plus, I like calling them 'blocks'.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I would consider it a highly reliable and affordable gun produced in huge quantities which, as far as I know, makes it unable to appreciate in value or be of interest to collectors.

Personally, I don't own one because it is unable to meet one of my basic criteria: it doesn't have a manual safety. If a bad guy, child, martian, or anything else picks it up they can point it and shoot it without thinking.

I would never bash them, but I might roll my eyes when a new gun owner proudly shows off his new "Glock" like it's the only gun ever made.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    I thought I was going to buy a Glock, but I think it was mostly a "feel" thing for me, based mainly upon the fact that I wanted something smaller for my hand. Hence, the S&W MP 9mm :)

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I picked up a Glock brochure yesterday at the range and it says they take the guns through all types of tests similar to that.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    i don't hate glocks. I seen all the reports and yes it is a reliable gun, but i think it's over hyped and for the same price you can buy something else.... They also don't feel right in my hand (i wanted a glock). But i bought the Springfield XD b/c the grip felt better in my hand

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Glocks are not my favorite firearm, but my most reliable handgun is my G19. I dont particularly care for the grip angle, but they can take loads of abuse and punishment and keep on shooting. I have 2 G19s, one I bought used w/ about 6K down the pipe, and the other I bought new. I have heard stories of Glocks w/ more than 150K rounds down the pipe and still chugging along. Owning a Glock firearm is personal preference, you with love 'em or hate 'em. I just tolerate it cause I know it will go Bang when the trigger is pulled.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the second handgun I ever bought was a Glock, and thats only because the first one was a department requirement. As soon I regs allowed, I switched to Glock and shot even better scores than I did before. I've carried a G26 daily for over 2 years and have trusted my life and the lives of others to a G17 for 2 years as well.

I own other pistols now and carry them from time to time, but if I'm going in harms way, I'm bringing a Glock.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    I guess you could say I like them. I own a G19, G27, and a G23C; I was just issued a G17C and carry at least one (If not 2 ;)) of the above 24/365. I agree that they area not as meaningful as some of my "FINE" firearms in terms of value. But when it comes to reliablity and a gun fight, you could lay down every major manufactuer in front of me and as far as a fighting pistol I would grab my Glock everytime.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I guess you could say I like them. I own a G19, G27, and a G23C; I was just issued a G17C and carry at least one (If not 2 ;)) of the above 24/365. I agree that they area not as meaningful as some of my "FINE" firearms in terms of value. But when it comes to reliablity and a gun fight, you could lay down every major manufactuer in front of me and as far as a fighting pistol I would grab my Glock everytime.

glad you stepped up to a big boy glock and quit carrying that g19 on duty, congrats on making it, btw.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    Stepped up huh? Didnt the G19 handle itself in the academy??LMAO. Thanks, its a blast, you need to come out at the end of the month.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Stepped up huh? Didnt the G19 handle itself in the academy??LMAO. Thanks, its a blast, you need to come out at the end of the month.

I'm out of shape...and I dont want to change shifts if I make it, just bumped up to the 203 spot so I'm senior Dy. I think for now I'm going to sit back and work on getting in shape.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Personally, I don't own one because it is unable to meet one of my basic criteria: it doesn't have a manual safety. If a bad guy, child, martian, or anything else picks it up they can point it and shoot it without thinking. - Aroundlsu
    My thinking exactly...

I would never bash them, but I might roll my eyes when a new gun owner proudly shows off his new "Glock" like it's the only gun ever made. - Aroundlsu
    You hit it on the head. It's like getting an email from a friend who's all excited about buying a new toaster...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Personally, I don't own one because it is unable to meet one of my basic criteria: it doesn't have a manual safety. If a bad guy, child, martian, or anything else picks it up they can point it and shoot it without thinking.

and when the feces hits the air circulation device, you can pick it up and shoot it without thinking too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom