Either you love them or you really hate them.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I don't necessarily hate Glocks, I'm just not a fan of kool-aid. I enjoy a little good natured ribbing on Glocks and 1911's cuz generally speaking, most of their owners act like they are the only guns anybody should use. (cuz they own one themselves). I've shot fullsize and compact, 9's,40's,10's,and 45's. Have yet to shoot one that I found comfortable in my hand. Even met a tacticool mallninja-type at a range with 3 Glocks strapped on himself [1 on hip, 1 on each ankle:rolleyes:]tell me that if that was true I probably shouldn't be shooting a handgun!:eek3::rolleyes: But then again, I'm a Hk owner and everybody knows we don't drink kool-aid, we all drink 30yr old Balvenie and Single Barrel Reserve Jack Daniels cuz we're all stuckup arrogant snobs!;):rofl:
    Besides everybody knows Germany > Austria! :p:rofl:

Dave

b00st3d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    new orleans
    Im pretty sure a child, given enough time, will figure out how to turn a safety off. I mean when i was a young child, it didnt take me long to completely dissasemble my first computer and put it back together again. Kids are smarter these days! I like glocks because it's pretty much the only thing I have shot. Im sure I will like the feel of other guns as well. I hear the Sigs are extremely smooth to shoot, but if for some reason I have to use my glock in a self defense situation and the police have to take it for evidence or whatever, I dont want to have to lose a $900-$1000 gun (which i may never see again, according to some stories I have heard). Id rather lose a less expensive gun.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Im pretty sure a child, given enough time, will figure out how to turn a safety off. I mean when i was a young child, it didnt take me long to completely dissasemble my first computer and put it back together again. Kids are smarter these days! I like glocks because it's pretty much the only thing I have shot. Im sure I will like the feel of other guns as well. I hear the Sigs are extremely smooth to shoot, but if for some reason I have to use my glock in a self defense situation and the police have to take it for evidence or whatever, I dont want to have to lose a $900-$1000 gun (which i may never see again, according to some stories I have heard). Id rather lose a less expensive gun.

+1

I'm not against any other guns. Actually I would like to get a Sig and a 1911. But like a few of you guys said. In a self defense, live or die situation. I will feel so much better with a Glock. If the police and military issues them and use them, theres got to be a good reason for that.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    +1

I'm not against any other guns. Actually I would like to get a Sig and a 1911. But like a few of you guys said. In a self defense, live or die situation. I will feel so much better with a Glock. If the police and military issues them and use them, theres got to be a good reason for that.

But you do realize that the military also issues Beretta's, Hk's, and others as well right? Lot's of PD's issue Sig's, Hk's, as well as Glocks. My cousin in the FBI was issued a Sig, and a buddy in the US Customs was issued a Hk P2000. I think it has way more to do with $'s and who's getting the kickback than actual superior functionality. We are talking about Govt agency's after all! :rolleyes:

Dave

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Personally, I don't own one because it is unable to meet one of my basic criteria: it doesn't have a manual safety. If a bad guy, child, martian, or anything else picks it up they can point it and shoot it without thinking.

I agree.

Now they seem to be very reliable firearms that if I had to grab a pistol and head off to battle I would grab a Glock over my Ruger for the reliability purposes etc...

I have no problem w/o the manual safety for me it is my concern if someone else would grab it. All you have to do is keep your finger off the trigger, so why do we have air bags in our cars? All you have to do is not get in a wreck Right. Other people are out there and **** happens that's why.

I think one of the biggest turnoff to Glocks for me is the way most of the owners try to cram them down your throat as the best pistol of all time especially when specifically asking for recommendations on a pistol other than
    a Glock.

I'm not saying I won't own a Glock; but not right now unless someone want to give me a super deal on one.:)

Dontdrinkthekool-aid.jpg

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I consider the squeezecock to be a more than acceptable alternative for me to a manual safety on my EDC P7. My Mom couldn't even squeeze it and the average guy (even gun guy) can't figure it out inside of 30 seconds.

Also, the whole notion that you won't be able to flip a safety off in an emergency is BS as far as I am concerned. Cocked and locked 1911s have worked under stress for 100 years. Find me a report of someone dying because they couldn't flip the safety off. Just one.

And yeah. the whole notion that they must be good because the government uses them is a joke right?

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    But you do realize that the military also issues Beretta's, Hk's, and others as well right? Lot's of PD's issue Sig's, Hk's, as well as Glocks. My cousin in the FBI was issued a Sig, and a buddy in the US Customs was issued a Hk P2000. I think it has way more to do with $'s and who's getting the kickback than actual superior functionality. We are talking about Govt agency's after all! :rolleyes:

Dave

Thats true.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    ok, take away the fact that people try to shove it in your face as the best gun ever, and the fact that everyone and their mothers have one. What do you hate about the gun?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    ok, take away the fact that people try to shove it in your face as the best gun ever, and the fact that everyone and their mothers have one. What do you hate about the gun?

Again, I don't hate Glocks. For me, it's just a feel thing. I don't care for the way they fit in my hand. It just doesn't feel comfortable to me. No biggie, everybody is different. What I do hate is the assumption that there is something wrong with me for not just accepting an ill-fitting gun! (well actually as far as something wrong with me.......well we just won't go there, ok?;):rofl:)

Dave

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have no problems with people who doesn't like glocks. But sometimes the guys who hates glocks are just as bad as the guys who pushes them in your face.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    There are those that say hey man why don't you take a look at the Glock I think you might like it.

Then there are those that say man up and buy a Glock as if that is the end-all statement that we should all just concede and slob on the knob of Glock like they do.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I just say...

"You want to save babies lives, DON'T YOU!? Every time you buy a Glock a baby's life is saved. If you go buy a Ruger you're raping a woman and giving her an abortion too...you're not that kind of person, are you?"

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I have Glocks because my Toaster told me to. Everyone needs to listen to their kitchen appliances more, they're smart.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glocks are reliable, inexpensive, available and easy to work on and parts are available and inexpensive. I do like H&K, SIG., M&P, XD and Kahr along with Glock and a few others. A Glock is not 'the' best fit for my short fingers but I can buy parts and set it up the way I like it for very few bucks. I endorse what works best for the owner of the weapon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom