Electronic Ear Muff recommendations please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Considering getting some electronic ear muffs as a Christmas present--Any recommendations? Which ones aren't worth having? Which ones are considered too bulky/big. Looks like Howard Leight have some thinner ones, as does Caldwell. These will be for range use only and not hunting. Thanks in advance.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I bought a cheap pair from walmart for $20, and they work good to me?Not sure of dif between these and the more expensive ones. Only ones ive ever had or tried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Bought the Howard Leight Impact Sports last month. This is my first pair of electronic muffs, so have nothing to compare them to, and one month into it I can't speak on durability.
    However, what i do know is they work very well, fit me well, and do what they are supposed to do. (shooting a 7 RM with a brake, so I can say that's a good test...)
    They can be picked up at Academy for about the same as online, @$45. (like an idiot, I bought them elsewhere for @ $65)
    They also run on AA's or AAA's, no odd battery type used.
    Hope this helps.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Christmas present for you? MSA Sordin Pro X.

5 years from now you will look back and say, "Yea, they are worth every penny." Do not buy Peltor though. I know too many people (including myself) who had them break after 2-3 months of heavy range usage.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    +1 for Howard Leight Impact Sports, got mine a few months ago and love'em. They don't get in the way when firing a rifle, battery change is easy, auto shut off after 3 hours, comfortable, and you can plug your iphone into them and listen to music while blasting away :)

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    Christmas present for you? MSA Sordin Pro X.

5 years from now you will look back and say, "Yea, they are worth every penny." Do not buy Peltor though. I know too many people (including myself) who had them break after 2-3 months of heavy range usage.

Son of a..... wish I known I ordered some Peltor when Amazon had them on sale last wk

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If shooting long guns something to consider is they may be pushed up my the stock of the gun depending on stock type and body position. I know a lot of rifle guys that use them but muffs get pushed up for me and do no good, thats why I wear plugs. Just something to think about.

I know there are electronic plugs as well but I have no personal experience to share.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Son of a..... wish I known I ordered some Peltor when Amazon had them on sale last wk

I wouldn't fret about it. Peltor has been a very good brand and the de facto standard for a long time. I have owned a set for several years with no issues, through dusty, hot, and wet environments, ie. desert, Louisiana, and rain.

I don't know if they're had QC issues on the less expensive models, but if you have an issue they should take care of it under warranty.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I mostly use ear plugs but as I shoot more I've found myself doing the timer and such and need a pair of muffs due to some of these comps. I always have someone bitch about my rolling thunder comp

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    +1 on the Howard Leight Impact Sports. I have been using my set for a couple years now with no issues. They are nice to wear while hunting too, you can hear everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom