Everyone selling guns and not trading trend…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Think what you want

T

lol yes I feel the same way. Then there are people like the one who responded to me trying to downplay what I have for sale or trade stating they could get what I have for such a lower price. If you can get it for a lower price then good for you. I and most others can’t. I get dumb offers sometimes also and it is very frustrating lol.
    Well the truth is...they can and I don't see why you couldn't either. It has nothing to do with "think what i want". It's not hard to look it up on gun.deals or on reddit. So they can buy a new one at your asking price or you can lower your price and they will settle for your in great condition used rifle. Sometimes you get that person who doesn't mind paying close to retail because they want it now.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What’s even more annoying is posting something for SALE and getting multiple messages asking if you are willing to trade. In addition to their message, not even mentioning what they are even offering for trade, ha.

If I wanted to trade I would create the proper listing and post specific trade interests.
    I usually ask, just to see, and provide a list of stuff to go along with it. I've had a couple people who didn't start out to trade, but something on my list caught their eye. Never hurts to ask. All you have to say is nope, instead of being bitter about it. Y'all act like you get 5000 replies to your ad.

lighten-up-francis.png

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Well the truth is...they can and I don't see why you couldn't either. It has nothing to do with "think what i want". It's not hard to look it up on gun.deals or on reddit. So they can buy a new one at your asking price or you can lower your price and they will settle for your in great condition used rifle. Sometimes you get that person who doesn't mind paying close to retail because they want it now.
    Gun deals and Reddit are not accurate in real time. If you want real prices in real time you use gunbroker or calm your local gun dealer. You can’t always count on non dealer sites to give you accurate prices. It’s cool though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Right or wrong…

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Gun deals and Reddit are not accurate in real time. If you want real prices in real time you use gunbroker or calm your local gun dealer. You can’t always count on non dealer sites to give you accurate prices. It’s cool though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Right or wrong…
    How is gun.deals not accurate in real time? It's an offer waiting for an acceptance. Turned someone onto gun.deals last week and he was very appreciative as he saved a c-note on his O/U. He's using it again this week.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I've never had a problem with buying or selling here. Everything that I have bought was always in great condition and clean. Not sure what there is on a gun that would cause someone to worry about germs. Germ wise..quick wipe down with gun cleaner will probably kill it all off. Just seems that anytime you post up something for sale you make a post asking whats going on with the for sale section.

I was actually not talking about your AR buuut since you bought it up. Looking up prices for a S/A victor 7.5, before they stopped selling them, they were at 800 to 900 tops. The 16.5 inch version can be had for grand..little less depending where you get it. So i can buy a brand new one for $1000ish and if I really needed it...then build another upper and come close to your asking price.

Just for reference...my last three brand new AR purchases.
    IWI Zion 15, Sugar Weasel, and Sionics patrol 3 were all below your $1500 asking price. Yes, yours comes with another upper but deduct that and I still bought each of mine new for really close to your used rifle.

I'm not telling you to lower your price but I sure wouldn't expect a quick sale. If you don't have to sell it, then stick to it and you never know who might go for it.
    I have to agree with him about a gun being nasty if it was previously carried. I’m a clean freak and I’ve pulled my carry gun out after a month or so without firing it or cleaning it. Looking at it with a black light you’d be surprised at the amount of hair, dead skin, and fuzz gets into it somehow and personally I always wear an undershirt when carrying so my gun isn’t making direct contact with my skin.

Now if it’s just a gun from part of someone’s personal collection I don’t see how it could or would be that nasty. Maybe dirty from being fired but idk about nasty. I guess that depends on the person.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Gun deals and reddit both post updated deals and sales all the time. Firearm prices have definitely dropped significantly in the past few months and they are still trending down. I have no dog in this fight but as someone who has way more wants than money I’m just stating what I see from browsing pretty much daily.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I've never had a problem with buying or selling here. Everything that I have bought was always in great condition and clean. Not sure what there is on a gun that would cause someone to worry about germs. Germ wise..quick wipe down with gun cleaner will probably kill it all off. Just seems that anytime you post up something for sale you make a post asking whats going on with the for sale section.

I was actually not talking about your AR buuut since you bought it up. Looking up prices for a S/A victor 7.5, before they stopped selling them, they were at 800 to 900 tops. The 16.5 inch version can be had for grand..little less depending where you get it. So i can buy a brand new one for $1000ish and if I really needed it...then build another upper and come close to your asking price.

Just for reference...my last three brand new AR purchases.
    IWI Zion 15, Sugar Weasel, and Sionics patrol 3 were all below your $1500 asking price. Yes, yours comes with another upper but deduct that and I still bought each of mine new for really close to your used rifle.

I'm not telling you to lower your price but I sure wouldn't expect a quick sale. If you don't have to sell it, then stick to it and you never know who might go for it.
    I seem to remember one of these instances, not sure if it was this member Mike or not, but someone asking about a “wanna good laugh” he was offered a trade, which the poster thought Glock for Glock wasn’t even close.

The member making the trade offer had 2 Glocks, previous Gen I think and said “your choice” of the 2.

That type of attitude is on here for sure.

some people looking for double and triple what the base pistol costs. Most buyers or traders don’t care if you have $1,000 worth of add ons.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    One of these is someone selling a firearm, let’s say a Glock Gen 3. Retail for $499.

When they are looking to buy, “That’s a $400 gun”. When they are looking to sell with night sights and a Kydex holster, the price jumps to $750-$800.

Thats the beauty of capitalism, price what you are selling or trading where you want. If someone wants it bad enough it will sell. If enough people think it’s a good deal, it will sell quicker.

if everyone thinks it’s over priced, it most likely won’t sell.

The market sets the price.

As far as trading, I am usually open to both. Many people aren’t. They just want the cash. Agreeing n value is another thing.

It is nice getting something “new” without spending much money every so often.

Last edited:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    How is gun.deals not accurate in real time? It's an offer waiting for an acceptance. Turned someone onto gun.deals last week and he was very appreciative as he saved a c-note on his O/U. He's using it again this week.
    Oh my bad on gun deals lol. I thought it was a regular gun debate platform. I should have looked. Thanks

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I seem to remember one of these instances, not sure if it was this member Mike or not, but someone asking about a “wanna good laugh” he was offered a trade, which the poster thought Glock for Glock wasn’t even close.

The member making the trade offer had 2 Glocks, previous Gen I think and said “your choice” of the 2.

That type of attitude is on here for sure.

some people looking for double and triple what the base pistol costs. Most buyers or traders don’t care if you have $1,000 worth of add ons.
    Yea I posted that lol. Dude was trying so hard to screw me lol.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Wait a minute… Did you just say to use Gunbroker for real prices in real time? That has to be a typo, right?! GB is about as far from real life as Hunter Biden is from sobriety.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I see this a lot. Adding $300 to the price of a weapon because a $325 optic is mounted on it is not a bargain if I'm not interested in the optic. At that point, I have to decide if the price is worth it despite the optic, not including the optic. Sure, I can sell the add ons but that's more work for me and decreases the value of the sale.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Trading, buying, or selling, and of course debating and hashing out the topics of the day. I appreciate having this platform.

Most of the people on here are great, and most of us have similar interests and experiences, even with different opinions.

This is a good group to be a part of.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I see this a lot. Adding $300 to the price of a weapon because a $325 optic is mounted on it is not a bargain if I'm not interested in the optic. At that point, I have to decide if the price is worth it despite the optic, not including the optic. Sure, I can sell the add ons but that's more work for me and decreases the value of the sale.
    Yep I totally agree. I used to try to list as many add ons as I could, but most people don’t want all the extra and you end up lowering the price with the extras and losing out just to get a good sale. Most people already have an idea of how they want to customize their new product.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Agree, when it comes to customization its not different than anything else such as trucks, atvs, etc. If you add lights, optics etc. and expect to get 90% of its value in return you're probably going to be holding on to it for a while.

I have a hard time period purchasing used optics especially optics with electronics in them. To many unknowns to how they were handled etc. and most don't have any type of warranty. I'm more inclined to purchase say a used leupold scope or vortex etc. which carries a lifetime warranty because i know at worst i can send it back for repair.

Additionally components such as slide stops, mag releases etc. the gun came with a slide stop and mag release. just because you put one on that cost you $50 doesn't mean the gun is worth $50 more. the factory one probably cost $35 so its really just a wash at that point. Same with slides, just because you took the $300 factory glock slide off and put a $500 aftermarket slide on doesn't make the gun worth $500 more...

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Imo when people are trying to sell something they often try to include all of its accessories as well. Just because the red dot, couple spare mags, and cheap holster was something you wanted it doesn’t mean it’s something the buyer wants. Most people looking to buy a used gun don’t want to overpay by hundreds of dollars just to get some accessories with it they likely won’t use.

Look how many adds on BS get bumped daily or weekly that have a $500 gun listed at double the price because the seller is trying to include a bunch of accessories with it. It’s like these people don’t realize that selling everything separately would be a lot quicker most of the time.

Top Bottom